• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Zell said that we can expect a bunch of third party announcements in March. March has a bunch of individual third-party events: Persona 5 R, Monster Hunter 15th anniversary, Sega Fes 2019, and Sonic at SXSW. I think we can expect Switch announcements at most, if not all of these events.

That sounds great. I think we might see this Switch Monster Hunter at a special direct before the anniversary event. I expect it to be Switch exclusive Generations 2 but I also expect MHW2 for 2020 to hit Switch as well.

Persona 5 Switch and Sonic seems to be lock but I don't expect surprises from Sega.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That sounds great. I think we might see this Switch Monster Hunter at a special direct before the anniversary event. I expect it to be Switch exclusive Generations 2 but I also expect MHW2 for 2020 to hit Switch as well.

Persona 5 Switch and Sonic seems to be lock but I don't expect surprises from Sega.
We could see Dreamcast games for Sega Ages at Sega Fes. Maybe the new Sakura Wars game is coming to Switch as well, but that's definitely not a certainty.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
We are doing this again, aren't we?

Welp,

tenor.gif

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Guys, even if there is pokemon info this week or next week, its more likely IMO that it'll be a random video drop like sun and moon's original announcement was

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Wasn't Sun/Moon announced in a Pokemon Direct on 2/26/16?
Yes, with some exceptions most of main Pokémon games have been announced in Direct in the last years: XY, Sun&Moon in particular, and both were games of a new generation. I'm sure for the new one there will be a Direct again, they can't do a conference overseas and tweet information for people in US&Europe.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
You are right on the money. I've questioned whether I should go public with the information I have on this muguwus guy but... yeah. It's sad to see Gamexplain and others cover somebody like him in videos. Trust me, you don't want to know how edgy this guy is. He's a serious troll.
What I noticed is that, between a tweet and another, there are in some case intervals of some minutes or more. Honestly I'm not convinced at all, but let's see, everyone should be given a possibility. In some months we will find out if he really has sources or not.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I honestly don't think MHW2/MH6 will come to the Switch since I'm expecting it to target next-gen hardware (PS5/Xbox Scarlett/PC), but I'd imagine that the Switch will get something like Generations 2 or World Portable in the near future.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could be just a title drop, maybe some concept art, or we could get some video footage montage like we did with the X/Y reveal. Personally feel they might give us some game footage/cgi trailer to showcase their big transition to HD. Then we'll see monthly news until its inevitable release in November 2019.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Pokemon Yesterday and Pokemon Tomorrow

Time traveling. 1st gen once again. Because it's the only real gen.

Also. Next direct is not Pokemon Direct. There will be one general direct before that. There are SO MUCH GAMES!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, even if there is pokemon info this week or next week, its more likely IMO that it'll be a random video drop like sun and moon's original announcement was
Pokémon fans only need a few freeze frames of WIP material and the title of the game for them to get speculating a 100 pages.

Not that I expect Gen 8 announcement to be the same as last time. Sun/Moon was announced the way it was because they were mostly making a big deal of the 20th anniversary, and also because it wasn't as big of a leap as Gen 6 to Gen 7. I suspect Gen 8 announcement is going to be a big one given how it's probably going to be another huge leap for the series.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't think MHW2/MH6 will come to the Switch since I'm expecting it to target next-gen hardware (PS5/Xbox Scarlett/PC), but I'd imagine that the Switch will get something like Generations 2 or World Portable in the near future.

I think Capcom will double down on MH franchise. Yes future of MH brand is next gen bound but I think World series will have one more entry on current gen consoles and it will use Switch as the base platform. They could turn this an annual or bi-annual franchise.

Generations 2 should be the "classic style" Monster Hunter, targeted mostly Japanese players. It'll still see release in west but won't be treated as a big release like MHW2 will be.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think Capcom will double down on MH franchise. Yes future of MH brand is next gen bound but I think World series will have one more entry on current gen consoles and it will use Switch as the base platform. They could turn this an annual or bi-annual franchise.

Generations 2 should be the "classic style" Monster Hunter, targeted mostly Japanese players. It'll still see release in west but won't be treated as a big release like MHW2 will be.
Given the success of World going big, I don't think Capcom's gonna have the main games be shackled by the Switch's hardware. Having an off-shoot series like MHWP with many of World's QoL improvements but also working around the Switch's limitations would allow Capcom to keep supporting the Switch with MH games but also not limit the mainline games. Granted, MHW2/MH6 likely won't use the RE Engine (the RE Engine is only really used at Division 1, Monster Hunter is made by Division 2), but I can't realistically see them bothering with a Switch version if they're gonna aim high for next-gen hardware.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Given the success of World going big, I don't think Capcom's gonna have the main games be shackled by the Switch's hardware. Having an off-shoot series like MHWP with many of World's QoL improvements but also working around the Switch's limitations would allow Capcom to keep supporting the Switch with MH games but also not limit the mainline games. Granted, MHW2/MH6 likely won't use the RE Engine (the RE Engine is only really used at Division 1, Monster Hunter is made by Division 2), but I can't realistically see them bothering with a Switch version if they're gonna aim high for next-gen hardware.

It's a tradition, first games on a new generation don't use the technical offerings of those consoles, they are basically cross gen games. The first Monster Hunter game on next gen will probably like that, I don't see Capcom "aiming high for next gen hardware" for that, it would take too much resources and time. Maybe for distant future sequel.

Plus I really believe that next MHW game will be out before the next gen launches. The franchise is a ten million+ seller regardless of its visuals, I don't see Capcom putting everything they have on a far away entry. This is definitely going to become an annual franchise someday.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Persona 5 R, possible new 2D/3D Sonic games, Monster Hunter Portable 5, among other things sounds like an eventful March to me.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
AFE68-DCC-05-EE-4-F48-A2-F8-135822-ED2-CAF.jpg

Posted by RE Community Manager on Twitter - for those that missed it, I bet it's been posted already, but I don't think this has anything to do with a direct?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Japan time sure, but this was a worldwide announcement so it would also include 5/29. It's been like this with recent games.
Why would Masuda, on his Japanese account, tweet a date that was not actually the date that the (Japanese) press conference took place on?

Are you familiar with Occam's Razor, by any chance?

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Saw there was a comment questioning our reporting of the Mug Twitter fella, we actually went in a different direction with that one to show why we believe it likely isn't the real deal. I suppose exposure is exposure but we personally aren't confident in the account

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand

If Generations 2 comes out and still looks like a 3ds game I'll probably skip it. Even tho I think the gameplay changes from Generations were great, I dont feel like looking at those models anymore.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Why would Masuda, on his Japanese account, tweet a date that was not actually the date that the (Japanese) press conference took place on?

Are you familiar with Occam's Razor, by any chance?

Because it's an event which was broadcasted worldwide.

Occam's Razor suggests that Masuda would hint at these kinds of events with multiple tweets. It's happened for every game since XY now.

Status
Not open for further replies.