• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I just really want some more info on FE. It should come out this spring and we still know next to nothing about it.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
March Direct, Zelda 3DS, Mario 3D World for SW, Fire Emblem delayed until late 2019. Let's go!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't really followed the rumor mill too closely. Do we have reason to believe that Direct is coming soon? I know there's the usual "a Direct is always around the corner" vibe, but I'm talking about actual hints from insiders.

Well there are a few reasons:

1) It's currently the longest it's ever been between Directs, since the start of the Direct era
2) Several insiders claimed we'd hear stuff soon (back in January). "Soon" is of course relative.
3) Nintendo has no games dated for 2019 outside of Yoshi in March. If they want to release anything in April or May there needs to be an announcement soon.

Razlo

Oct 31, 2017
I'm real bummed we still don't have any signs of a Direct. Nintendo has acted super weird so far this year.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Star Fox 64 2 and F-Zero GX Remastered dropping in an unannounced direct TODAY.
Source: Me.

In all actuality, I expect we'll hear something from Retro whenever this Direct drops. With the recent news that they're starting work on Prime 4, I feel like whatever they were working on prior is close to being done/done already.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling we're not gonna see a direct at all this month. After Yoshi is probably the soonest we're gonna see anything. The smaller news can just be posted on their Twitter account and whatnot for now.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_p5aoo7EybD1rrlk1wo2_500.gif

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
My big hope is that Final Fantasy VII's release is an "Available Now!" deal. I am so itching to replay this, but with the Switch one being so close it only makes sense to wait.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Whoop it's good to be home, but if this is to be home, put the damn toilet seat down after you've finished.

40 minutes to go...

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well there are a few reasons:

1) It's currently the longest it's ever been between Directs, since the start of the Direct era
2) Several insiders claimed we'd hear stuff soon (back in January). "Soon" is of course relative.
3) Nintendo has no games dated for 2019 outside of Yoshi in March. If they want to release anything in April or May there needs to be an announcement soon.

Seems logical enough. I guess I was more up to date than I realized! Thanks as always.

Jan 2, 2018
This "a Nintendo Direct is coming soon", reminds me of those trailers in the cinema. I always hate those "coming soon" trailers. "Soon" is so vague.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling we're not gonna see a direct at all this month. After Yoshi is probably the soonest we're gonna see anything. The smaller news can just be posted on their Twitter account and whatnot for now.

Yoshi is their only dated Switch game for 2019. You expect them to go into April without any other games having release dates? This would mean there can't be an April game, and even a May game would be cutting it very close.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just want a FFVII shadowdrop. They released that trailer making it feel like it should drop by next week.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My guess: A small Direct will be held the first week of March. News will be provided on Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing, which are all given fall release windows. The next Smash character is revealed. Nothing else notable is announced. A Pokemon Direct later in March announces Gen 8 for November. The next Direct is held at E3. Fire Emblem is given a September date, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are in October. 2D Zelda is announced for December. Another Smash character is revealed. A teaser is shown for 3D Zelda with a holiday 2020 window. Nothing else is announced.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
So I haven't really followed the rumor mill too closely. Do we have reason to believe that Direct is coming soon? I know there's the usual "a Direct is always around the corner" vibe, but I'm talking about actual hints from insiders.
Several insiders have said there would be a Direct "soon" since January. That might however be more speculating than knowing.
The biggest clue we have is that Emily said there will be plenty announcements this month.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Proper weird feeling just now guys... I think a Direct is genuinely quite close. Like, on a really foggy day and it's right in front of your face but you can't see it kind of close. Just a feeling, mind.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If there is a direct next week I think we will see the first Joker gameplay

Ohh yes please.

I'm thinking a March release so yes gameplay would be expected in this Direct. Along with the stage and music obviously. TBH I'm just as excited about the music as the character lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.