• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
oLANsjU.jpg

Capcom and LeakyPandy, a match made in hell. I do believe that a new Monster Hunter game is coming for Switch eventually but I don't think LeakyPandy knows anything concrete.
Don't worry, it'll probably still happen. LeakyPanda piggybacked off someone else for this one:

Literally quoted the same post too, acting like they actually know anything.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine Retro has a game releasing this year and that it just wrapped up and they are transitioning to MP4. I doubt Nintendo would shut down the current MP4 production because it was not panning out and gave it to a studio that spun its tires on nothing but cancelations for five years in a row.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
In Europe the only Nintendo published game we've had this year on Switch is NSMBUDX. Fitness Boxing came out in December and Marvelous published Travis Strikes Again here. Q1 2013 on Wii U had Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Sing Party, and Lego City Undercover published from Nintendo iirc.
I wouldn't say there's a software drought as there's plenty of third party titles to play but this is the quietest Q1 release schedule first party wise I can remember from Nintendo.
Ninja Gaiden and Sing Party were both North American launch-titles (November 2012), so I don't know if they really count.

Plus, Ninja Gaiden came out in MAY here in Australia, so I ESPECIALLY don't want to count that.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Ninja Gaiden and Sing Party were both North American launch-titles (November 2012), so I don't know if they really count.

And Ninja Gaiden came out in MAY here in Australia, so I ESPECIALLY don't want to count that.
Ah I see. Didn't realise those were launch titles in the US. That was a big drought for them.
Just goes to show how perspectives can change between regions with a few differences in their release schedules.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry, it'll probably still happen. LeakyPanda piggybacked off someone else for this one:

Literally quoted the same post too, acting like they actually know anything.

Yeah, that's what I assumed.

A new MH for Switch is kind of a no-brainer but it's more of a question of whether they have the resources to do it. It depends on whether they will put the team that worked on the portable entries on the Switch or make them work on the mainline series. With the massive success of MHW, I can see it go either way.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Star Fox GP is cancelled but I'm going to assume that whatever project was cancelled at Retro was one that was ever so slightly more ambitious.

As an aside, I don't think we'll see Pokémon Gen 8 in this upcoming Direct. We'll most likely get a Pokémon Direct in Spring/April, as they usually do.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Star Fox GP is cancelled but I'm going to assume that whatever project was cancelled at Retro was one that was ever so slightly more ambitious.

As an aside, I don't think we'll see Pokémon Gen 8 in this upcoming Direct. We'll most likely get a Pokémon Direct in Spring/April, as they usually do.

They actually tend to announce new gens earlier in the year. X&Y was announced in January 2013 and Sun & Moon in February 2016. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it before April.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Nintendo mentioned in their Investors Q&A they have one unannounced title which will appeal to online.

"In addition to the titles we've already for scheduled release in 2019, we're also preparing to release software titles which would delight costumers, including one which is good fit for Nintendo Switch Online."

This has been discussed before, but any guesses on what we can expect? I would say either Star Fox GP or a new IP.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo mentioned in their Investors Q&A they have one unannounced title which will appeal to online.

"In addition to the titles we've already for scheduled release in 2019, we're also preparing to release software titles which would delight costumers, including one which is good fit for Nintendo Switch Online."

This has been discussed before, but any guesses on what we can expect? I would say either Star Fox GP or a new IP.

A Mario Strikers game should also work well enough in online multiplayer. Going for that football audience.

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Well Nintendo is wrong because this thread told me Nintendo has nothing for 2019.

do I have to put /s here?

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

I sure do hope for a MMORPG

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
A Mario Strikers game should also work well enough in online multiplayer. Going for that football audience.

Strikers would be my dream game, but I don't Nintendo would do it without Next Level Games since they did a great job with the first two.

F-Zero or Wave-Race would be other options, but they have a more limited appeal so I don't whether Nintendo would mention them as online subscription drivers.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

We're slowly approaching a point where all of their big franchises have an entry on Switch. Animal Crossing and Pokémon will put in some work but beyond that I don't really know what could really maintain NSO beyond a new IP with wide appeal.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh I feel like there's never been a better time for Pocket Monster Hunter to become a thing. Monster Hunter's at a point where new entries in the main series are gonna play better and sell better on other consoles. It'd sell massively well now that Nintendo has a successful system and Monster Hunter is popular in the West.
Monster Hunter Stories

No it didn't do well

Jan 3, 2018

I would guess Animal Crossing.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it's a love service title. Maybe an mmo lite

Possibly Monolith Soft's medieval rpg

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
It could be a multiplayer 2D Zelda title... but wasn't there a separate mention during the meeting of something that would excite core fans? That would sound more like a Zelda to me. I still think Star Fox GP is the prime candidate. That or Platinum have something multiplayer in the works?

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium

Given I'm a nintendo fan and therefore crave disappointment - Switch Sports, a Wii sports update with online multiplayer

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I´m sad and a little worried because whatever thing I read about the development of Nintendo titles seems to indicate that things are not going the way they should.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017

I would love to see Nintendo's take on Battle Royale. That genre still has unexpressed potential, gameplay wise.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect announcement for the Valentine's Day Direct.
All the waifus in Xenoblade 2 was just the beginning...

I would guess it's too soon for this game to release, but damn you are right IF this game is ready for this year, this would definitely be it imo.
If PvP is more of the focus than PvE, the can probably get away with less content for the sake of pushing it out faster. A battle royale medieval game would be cool. There aren't many of those

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All the waifus in Xenoblade 2 was just the beginning...

If PvP is more of the focus than PvE, the can probably get away with less content for the sake of pushing it out faster. A battle royale medieval game would be cool. There aren't many of those

A Battle Royale game with waifus and relationship mechanics.

mog1.gif

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm hoping it's Star Fox GP!

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
If the next Direct is to be a big one packed full of announcements... do you think there will be one that can top this? 2019 has the potential to be huge... I'd love them to have a bit of fun with one of the announcements!

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
I want another Fire Emblem Direct.

Something like opening with the final trailer for Three Houses and giving the release date, a short update on how Fire Emblem Heroes is doing, an announcement that Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is coming with Ike's intro shown, and finally announcing that in 2020 we'll see Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War, but it's too early to show more than this animated trailer.

Because if you dream big, might as well go all out for it.
This. All of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.