• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Why not post the original link to the image? Stealth doesn't want to be quoted here (you can see why considering @Gloam went straight for the insult), so just leave him and go to the actual source (via this ERA post).

Sorry I don't know everyone on the internet and their preferences. I've never even heard of this guy before - just thought what he posted sounded interesting and was retweeted by someone I follow.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
In Stealth's mind everything is about the Switch.
Ignoring that potshot at him, it's a very easy solution to come to:
  • There were already rumors circulating around about a new Monster Hunter for Switch.
  • Yasunori Ichinose has exclusively directed portable entries in the series (Freedom 1+2 and Generations), and his next project will probably also be a handheld title.
Put two and two together and it isn't that crazy. What, you think the next Monster Hunter game will be on the Vita?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
"Monster Hunter Next" has a nice ring to it. Even better than X or Generations. This should be the Switch side (or main?) Series and get numbered sequels.

But please, no more 3DS level graphics.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Why not post the original link to the image? Stealth doesn't want to be quoted here (you can see why considering Gloam went straight for the insult), so just leave him and go to the actual source (via this ERA post).

Not so much an insult, just that the fella has a one track mind.

• There were already rumors circulating around about a new Monster Hunter for Switch.
  • Yasunori Ichinose has exclusively directed portable entries in the series (Freedom 1+2 and Generations), and his next project will probably also be a handheld title.
Put two and two together and it isn't that crazy. What, you think the next Monster Hunter game will be on the Vita?

It's not far-fetched. No, I don't think it's coming to the Vita, but I also don't think that every tidbit has to do with the Switch, unlike ol' Stealthy

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, there some smoke, at least. It's possible that he's directing World 2 for PS4/XB1/PC, but it seems at least possible that this hint is directed at a Switch game coming from him.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Here's our Monster Hunter 15th anniversary celebration. Pour one out
There's more yeah :p
There's the 100th Capcom TV this friday (I think?) and more stuff shown/announced the whole month.
^
Yeah, there some smoke, at least. It's possible that he's directing World 2 for PS4/XB1/PC, but it seems at least possible that this hint is directed at a Switch game coming from him.
No way he's on a main game yeah. It's possible the new spinoff is multiplat, but it seems logical it'll be at least on Swich considering his pedigree (Portable series and Generations).

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster!

I'm really interested in the 3rd party support we get on Switch this year, the rumours from insiders has me hoping we will get some big titles (Switch is the only console I play on now so the more the better!)

Thinking of what could come, games was expecting to hit Switch were the likes of

Batman Arkham games
Tomb Raider reboot trilogy (Was this not rumoured by King Zell or someone?)
Dishonoured series
Nier Automata
The other Wolfenstein games

I know some of these will be current gen games so not sure how much they can be tinkered with to run on Switch but these are the sort of games I would have expected reach Switch in the next year or so.

I also hope we see some older, 360 generation stuff, stuff that is really unexpected, games like Enslaved: Odyssey to the West or Shadows of the Damned type stuff would be great! Maybe Capcom would eventually get the RE engine running on Switch so we see some kind of ports of Remake 2 and DMC5 but I guess this is highly unlikely at this point.

I will be grabbing Saints Row 3 (Never played it) and Darksiders (played twice but love it) to show support so we hopefully get the sequels ported to Switch.

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder when we are going to get news on Labo VR, this excites me because I really do think that this will cross over (if not straight away) into evergreen titles, it could also somehow become a new sports game.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Batman Arkham games
Tomb Raider reboot trilogy (Was this not rumoured by King Zell or someone?)
Dishonoured series
Nier Automata
The other Wolfenstein games

Tomb Raider and Nier should be good fits for Switch but unfortunately Square-Enix currently sees Switch as a completely separate platform than others and its audience as Retro-maniacs. Until something comes up and changes their minds, all we will see from Square will be DQ games, retro flavored stuff (Octopath, Oninaki) and rereleases of very old games. Don't expect anything from Eidos side.

For WB games, they were one of the companies hurt by Wii U's colossal failure. They chose to ignore Switch, except one guy who works there: Ed Boon. He is a huge Nintendo fan and currently is bringing MK11 to Switch. He could convince some higher ups in the company to bring full support to Switch.

Don't trust Bethesda just because they brought three amazing games to Switch, they did that most likely because Nintendo specifically requested. As Rage 2 is an example, they're not interested bringing anything to Switch unless Nintendo is involved. Doom Eternal should be their only upcoming Switch game.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Tomb Raider and Nier should be good fits for Switch but unfortunately Square-Enix currently sees Switch as a completely separate platform than others and its audience as Retro-maniacs. Until something comes up and changes their minds, all we will see from Square will be DQ games, retro flavored stuff (Octopath, Oninaki) and rereleases of very old games. Don't expect anything from Eidos side.

For WB games, they were one of the companies hurt by Wii U's colossal failure. They chose to ignore Switch, except one guy who works there: Ed Boon. He is a huge Nintendo fan and currently is bringing MK11 to Switch. He could convince some higher ups in the company to bring full support to Switch.

Don't trust Bethesda just because they brought three amazing games to Switch, they did that most likely because Nintendo specifically requested. As Rage 2 is an example, they're not interested bringing anything to Switch unless Nintendo is involved. Doom Eternal should be their only upcoming Switch game.

They already confirmed the next Wolfenstein is coming. And they specifically said they were working on figuring out how to port Rage 2, though they couldn't confirm if it was gonna happen.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Came across this on Reddit
mgbv03epsdl21.jpg

Translated:
Nintendo Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection with Improved Motion Control

Biohazard 5 Remastered

Metroid Prime HD Trilogy

Spiro Re-firing Trilogy

Super Mario 3D Collection (Super Mario 3D World + 3D Land

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX

Paper Mario for Nintendo Switch (Tentative)

Persona 5 Switch Version (Originally for PlayStation 4)

Cup Head

Scale Bound (Canceled, originally for Xbox One)

Hope this is true and will be revealed in the next couple of months.
especially MPT and Mario games

Um what? Would be aswome... but nt seeing this happen at al... sure its Fake. But what should this supposed to be? A Nintendo upcoming Direct?
BTW: Are there already some Rumors about a upcoming Direct soon?

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
They have said they are looking into getting Rage 2 running on switch, but they haven't really tried. I know BGS has a soft spot for the switch as well.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
They already confirmed the next Wolfenstein is coming. And they specifically said they were working on figuring out how to port Rage 2, though they couldn't confirm if it was gonna happen.

Isn't that Wolfenstein game is just an expansion pack? Like, 5-6 hours of extra story? They did this with the first game. Plus, the upcoming expansion pack was never confirmed for Switch officially.

There's no hard evidence, but I suspect Nintendo paid for the ports of Doom, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein and Skyrim. I mean, they featured the games on Switch marketing campaign, like Skyrim on Switch reveal trailer. I think they're "figuring out" the Rage 2 port by waiting for Nintendo to help them out financially.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Isn't that Wolfenstein game is just an expansion pack? Like, 5-6 hours of extra story? They did this with the first game. Plus, the upcoming expansion pack was never confirmed for Switch officially.

There's no hard evidence, but I suspect Nintendo paid for the ports of Doom, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein and Skyrim. I mean, they featured the games on Switch marketing campaign, like Skyrim on Switch reveal trailer. I think they're "figuring out" the Rage 2 port by waiting for Nintendo to help them out financially.
Could be.....but so what? Do you think all of a sudden Nintendo would stop paying for these games? They're selling so I doubt it. Doesn't matter who is paying as far as I'm concerned.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

Pete Hines has said that "the next Wolfenstein is coming to Switch", so that's an official confirmation.

The claim that Nintendo is paying for ports needs to be substantiated before it becomes anything more than a conspiracy theory. Featuring in the marketing campaign does not in any way prove that Nintendo is paying for the development of the port (nor, incidentally, does the fact that they publish those games). Those could very well just be normal marketing deals.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I mean maybe you're right but like you said there's nothing to substantiate that. As for Wolfenstein, presumably he was talking about Youngblood but we don't know for sure. All Hines said was "the next Wolfenstein is coming to Switch". Either way that's more current gen support than most other publishers are offering.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bethesda has been great with supporting the Switch.

Am I the only person who was looking forward to that Elder Scrolls mobile game to come to Switch? They revealed it at last years E3 and it looked pretty good.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Bethesda has been great with supporting the Switch.

Am I the only person who was looking forward to that Elder Scrolls mobile game to come to Switch? They revealed it at last years E3 and it looked pretty good.
considering fallout shelter was also released for the switch (and ps4, i guess), it seems likely they will also release blades on other systems (come on, skyrim on freezers, guys...)

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
The only thing holding me back from picking up Wolfenstein 2 on Switch is The New Order not being available. I never played the series so would like to play from the start on Switch. Hopefully they are considering this and also looking to bring the Dishonoured games to Switch.

Stuff like the Arkham Games and Tomb Raider would also be great on the go, this is the year where even Reggie said the 3rd party games should start coming right? Projects that may have started shortly after the success of Switch was known should presumably be ready to launch in the third year.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
The only thing holding me back from picking up Wolfenstein 2 on Switch is The New Order not being available. I never played the series so would like to play from the start on Switch. Hopefully they are considering this and also looking to bring the Dishonoured games to Switch.

Stuff like the Arkham Games and Tomb Raider would also be great on the go, this is the year where even Reggie said the 3rd party games should start coming right? Projects that may have started shortly after the success of Switch was known should presumably be ready to launch in the third year.
Dishonored 1 and 2 on the switch would be great, I thought that Arkane said they played around with the Switch SDK?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I do not think we'll get a general DIrect before E3, but I believe the E3 direct will have its fair share of 3rd parties.
My bets are Overwatch and The Division 2 as big titles.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I do not think we'll get a general DIrect before E3, but I believe the E3 direct will have its fair share of 3rd parties.
My bets are Overwatch and The Division 2 as big titles.

Maybe not Division 2, but I expect a big game announcement from Ubisoft in the future. The way they test the waters with AC3, a brand new exclusive Assassin's Creed should be their next Switch exclusive. Probably smaller and more traditional than home console versions. Modern AC games abandoned the original formula, this could be perfect opportunity for AC fans who just want good old climbing, jumping and stabbing from behind action.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Were there rumours alluding to The Division 2 coming over? I'm not sure if that's something Ubisoft would bring over.

No rumor*, pure speculation on my side based on how well Starlink ran on Switch (open world running with the Snowdrop Engine, 30fps on other consoles)

*just an insider answering "why not?" to a poster laughing about the idea of The Division 2 releasing on Switch; I can't find where, it was months ago.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Man, everybody wants a lot of games on Switch. We're so hungry. The Switch is a true software monster.

That's so true. Even the smallest indies sell like millions. I wish third parties take notice how hungry we are and take Switch support more seriously. Nintendo's efforts are limited, they can not carry the system alone. We need third parties.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
*just an insider answering "why not?" to a poster laughing about the idea of The Division 2 releasing on Switch; I can't find where, it was months ago.
Ok, now that's some juicy info. You're turning me into a believer.

I think it is coming from the fact that The Division is a Snowdrop game and they already launched several of those on Switch (M+R, Starlink, South Park...)
I'm always surprised by how enthusiastic Ubisoft is towards Nintendo systems. Hopefully they'll bring The Division 2 over if they can.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
That's so true. Even the smallest indies sell like millions. I wish third parties take notice how hungry we are and take Switch support more seriously. Nintendo's efforts are limited, they can not carry the system alone. We need third parties.

We have it with the indies, some of them being console exclusive like Into The Breach or Ape Out. I take those or Baba Is You against DMC any day of the year.
But I see what you mean, ambitious 3rd parties are somehow lacking. I hope that more gimped versions of big games will eventually come. I had no problem with gimped Doom, it was even my favorite version of the game due to gyro aiming and portability.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Ok, now that's some juicy info. You're turning me into a believer.

It could also just have been him specifying that he didn't see the technical hurdles as insurmountable. Same as a few knowledgeable people said during The Witcher 3 rumors that porting the game was not ridiculous at all. Just unlikely to happen.
Anyway mate, I'm just part guessing, part wishful thinking (The Division 2 looks sweet but no way I play such game tethered). Hobbes said that we would be surprised with what's coming on Switch, and I assume that he was at least referring to current gen games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone see Nintendo showing up at Ubisoft's conference 3 years in a row? A new collaboration perhaps or even a Mario + Rabbids sequel is revealed?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This first quarter has been rougher for me than I had hoped/anticipated. Bought a bunch of indie games to help tide me over but ended up not liking any of them. I enjoyed my time replaying NSMBUD of course, but I need something new right about now. Luckily Yoshi is out at the end of the month, and it's looking like the pace will get super hectic starting in June.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I too don't mind lower end versions of 3rd party games, the portability factor wins out all the time for me.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone see Nintendo showing up at Ubisoft's conference 3 years in a row? A new collaboration perhaps or even a Mario + Rabbids sequel is revealed?

I don't really expect a Rabbids sequel. First one was a mild success but I have doubts that they would achieve similar success with the sequel. There's nothing big left to bring to the game (except for Rayman himself), it wouldn't create any hype or buzz. Plus Rabbids are pretty much hated outside of France, there's no point in keeping them alive.

Whatever Ubisoft has in works for Switch, it should be something new.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
So far, Ubi have worked with

2017: Mario
2018: Starfox

2019 could have them working with another's Nintendo property.....Tom Clancy's Splatoon Cell!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
getting their hands on two Nintendo IPs (one being a 2M seller) is only gonna make Ubisoft thirsty for more. I think it's safe to expect another game from them. kinda hope it's something new and not a just a Mario+Rabbids sequel

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
If anything, I think Ubisoft should be the ones to handle the Starfox franchise from now on. Starlink is not without flaws but is clearly the direction the series should take and they're still supporting it.

A Switch exclusive Starfox based on Starlink that ditches the toys gimmick and makes the universe more interesting would be great.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Bethesda actually told Polygon that they're still considering Rage 2 for Switch here. I wouldn't hold my breath, though. We still haven't seen a big 30 FPS open world game designed for current-gen consoles on Switch yet, and we most likely never will.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
rage 2 is targeting 60FPS. dragon quest xi, though.
Really? Neat! I was under the impression that Rage 2 would be 30 FPS on the OG PS4 and XB1, maybe 60 FPS on the mid-gen refreshes, and unlocked on PC. (I can't really explain my way out of DQXI. I assumed it was linear, but expansive, based on the Direct footage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.