• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Don't yield, back SHIELD!
agents-of-shield-series-5-ending-series-finale-1101444.jpeg

Wrong shield!

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Mario Maker 2 should be enough proof you can hear nothing about a game and then BOOM 4 months later it drops.

Especially a game like Luigi and animal crossing. We already know the basic elements, we don't need to know every single little detail before release. They can easily cover enough through directs and E3

My guess is you see AC in September, Luigi in October, Pokémon in November and Zelda in December.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Maker 2 should be enough proof you can hear nothing about a game and then BOOM 4 months later it drops.

Especially a game like Luigi and animal crossing. We already know the basic elements, we don't need to know every single little detail before release. They can easily cover enough through directs and E3

My guess is you see AC in September, Luigi in October, Pokémon in November and Zelda in December.

Labo VR is proof of that too. We still haven't actually seen any of it yet it launches in about a month.

Oct 26, 2017
Labo VR is proof of that too. We still haven't actually seen any of it yet it launches in about a month.

Labo VR is a very minor game that I doubt Nintendo cares about.

Animal Crossing would probably get a ton of other EPD support to get out this year if it's starting to look like it'll miss 2019.

Or they'll just release it in December and add the missing content they planned later if worst comes to worst.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Labo VR is a very minor game that I doubt Nintendo cares about.

Animal Crossing would probably get a ton of other EPD support to get out this year if it's starting to look like it'll miss 2019.

Or they'll just release it in December and add the missing content they planned later if worst comes to worst.

I just mean there are plenty of examples of Nintendo games not being shown until a few months before launch. SMM2 is another, as is Astral Chain.

Just because we have no footage of Animal Crossing doesn't mean it's in danger of missing 2019.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Don't forget, games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dragon Quest XI and Daemon X Machina also are Nintendo published games. Nintendo would prepare a release schedule with them in mind too.

My guesses for first party schedule:

Marvel UA3 - Early August
Astral Chain - August 30th, this one was confirmed
Animal Crossing - mid September
Switch Mini - Around same time with AC
Luigi's Manison 3 - Early October
Dragon Quest XI - Late October
Daemon X Machina - Early November
Pokémon Sword & Shield - Late November
Pikmin 3 Remaster - Early December
Link's Awakening - Holiday Season

Only two games rumored but not confirmed could also be part of 2019 fall schedule: Retro's project and "Revived Project". If both are real, I expect them to be revealed at E3 and slated to release for early 2020 dates.

My guesses for third party fall 2019 schedule. It's worth nothing that we know absolutely nothing about third party games of second half of 2019 except NISA's niche stuff (we can totally ignore them, Alliance Alive was a 3DS game with DS visuals for heavens sake)

Spyro - August
Persona 5 - October
Monster Hunter Next - November
Dragon Ball RPG - December
Fallout 3 or New Vegas Remaster (this was kinda leaked) - October
XCOM 2 port - November
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 remaster - November (I still believe in NateDrake)
A big Ubisoft game (possibly a port) - October
A big Square game (Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 makes the most sense) - November
More Capcom ports (Maybe RE5, DMC4 or USF4) - September and October

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Don't forget, games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dragon Quest XI and Daemon X Machina also are Nintendo published games. Nintendo would prepare a release schedule with them in mind too.

Only two games rumored but not confirmed could also be part of 2019 fall schedule: Retro's project and "Revived Project". If both are real, I expect them to be revealed at E3 and slated to release for early 2020 dates.

My guesses for third party fall 2019 schedule. It's worth nothing that we know absolutely nothing about third party games of second half of 2019 except NISA's niche stuff (we can totally ignore them, Alliance Alive was a 3DS game with DS visuals for heavens sake)

Spyro - August
Persona 5 - October
Monster Hunter Next - November
Dragon Ball RPG - December
Fallout 3 or New Vegas Remaster (this was kinda leaked) - October
XCOM 2 port - November
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 remaster - November (I still believe in NateDrake)
A big Ubisoft game (possibly a port) - October
A big Square game (Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 makes the most sense) - November
More Capcom ports (Maybe RE5, DMC4 or USF4) - September and October
New Monster Hunter would be too close to Iceborne's fall window. Either Capcom surprises us and announces a Monster Hunter Switch game for a spring-summer window or they tease it now but wait until next year. Also, if Nintendo is smart, they'd try to put further distance between DQXI and Pokemon.

Last edited:

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Agree with most of this, but I would slot in Link's Awakening for early December and Pikmin 3 mid/late May.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about THQ Nordic. They should be quite satisfied with performance of their games of the spring, followups should come out in winter. Darksiders 2 Deathinive Edition, Saints Row 4 and Red Faction Guerilla.

New Monster Hunter would be too close to Iceborne's fall window. Either Capcom surprises us and announces a Monster Hunter Switch game for a spring-summer window or they tease it now but wait until next year. Also, if Nintendo is smart, they'd try to put further distance between DQXI and Pokemon.

Monster Hunter Next seems pretty much real with all the hints from producers. If it is, it's being made with assistance with Nintendo, like previous entries (possibly published in Europe by Nintendo). Releasing alongside of Iceborne wold not be a problem for both of them as it would be a completely different game for completely different audience.

DQ11 and Pokémon do not need far away release dates, different genres. I don't think Pokémon would eat DQ's lunch.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Monster Hunter Next seems pretty much real with all the hints from producers. If it is, it's being made with assistance with Nintendo, like previous entries (possibly published in Europe by Nintendo). Releasing alongside of Iceborne wold not be a problem for both of them as it would be a completely different game for completely different audience.
I hope so. It'd be nice to have a Switch Monster Hunter with the QoL improvements of MHW.
DQ11 and Pokémon do not need far away release dates, different genres. I don't think Pokémon would eat DQ's lunch.
You'd think that, but DQXI's numbers on PS4 were softer than Square Enix was hoping for, probably because they released like a week before Spider-Man, and Pokemon is even closer to DQXI than Spider-Man is. Both are the latest entries in long-running turn-based JRPG series. Dragon Quest is big enough in Japan to survive, if only by a smidge, but Pokemon would eat its lunch everywhere else.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Where is this Monster Hunter Switch/Next stuff coming from? Capcom has yet to support Switch with anything new other than MM11 (?) - I expect nothing at this point.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Where is this Monster Hunter Switch/Next stuff coming from? Capcom has yet to support Switch with anything new other than MM11 (?) - I expect nothing at this point.
Teased by the director of the previous portable Monster Hunter games, mentioned by the 4chan(?) post that kind of predicted MHW, David Gibson alluded to it on Twitter

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
What if Capcom didn't have games prepared for the switch because they thought it would flop? So all they can do is bring what titles are feasible (last gen ports and less-demanding games like MM or DD:DA) until they can reveal their new titles for the switch.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the director of the Portable/Generations games is teasing a new game. if there's a MH for Switch, it would be from him and not the main teams

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
What if Capcom didn't have games prepared for the switch because they thought it would flop? So all they can do is bring what titles are feasible (last gen ports and less-demanding games like MM or DD:DA) until they can reveal their new titles for the switch.

The thread on "we may port DMC5 if Dragons Dogma sells well" soured my mood. I'll change my tune if we see something at e3.

the director of the Portable/Generations games is teasing a new game. if there's a MH for Switch, it would be from him and not the main teams

Interesting - MH is foreign to me, but seeing as you're saying the generations games aren't "main" games, are they typically any good?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think the main barrier for Capcom support on Switch is the RE Engine. If they are able to get it working on Switch, then we'll start seeing a lot more Capcom support.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
The thread on "we may port DMC5 if Dragons Dogma sells well" soured my mood. I'll change my tune if we see something at e3.

They are kinda right. Biggest problem with third parties that they don't understand what's going on with Switch.

They fail to identify the userbase. Switch sells like crazy, even faster than Wii. But casual audience and children are no longer there, then who is buying all those Switches? Nintendo's breakdown on the userbase revealed that 80% of them are male aged 19-26. To third parties that was, like, impossible. That audience only cares for core games more than colorful games of Nintendo. Maybe... Switch owners DO care for core games? Only one way to find out: testing the waters with "test" games. That's exactly what all of them are doing: trying to find out who we are and what do we like. Square seems to think we are bunch of nostalgia nuts and brought Octopath. Namco "tested" the waters with Xenoverse 2 if we care about anime fighters or not (turns out we did so they awarded us with DBFZ). Capcom has yet to do one of those "tests" all of their Switch support were "retro" kind of games. Dragon's Dogma is s first for them, a last gen "serious" game port. Sales of Dragon's Dogma really will tell a lot about us.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
They are kinda right. Biggest problem with third parties that they don't understand what's going on with Switch.

They fail to identify the userbase. Switch sells like crazy, even faster than Wii. But casual audience and children are no longer there, then who is buying all those Switches? Nintendo's breakdown on the userbase revealed that 80% of them are male aged 19-26. To third parties that was, like, impossible. That audience only cares for core games more than colorful games of Nintendo. Maybe... Switch owners DO care for core games? Only one way to find out: testing the waters with "test" games. That's exactly what all of them are doing: trying to find out who we are and what do we like. Square seems to think we are bunch of nostalgia nuts and brought Octopath. Namco "tested" the waters with Xenoverse 2 if we care about anime fighters or not (turns out we did so they awarded us with DBFZ). Capcom has yet to do one of those "tests" all of their Switch support were "retro" kind of games. Dragon's Dogma is s first for them, a last gen "serious" game port. Sales of Dragon's Dogma really will tell a lot about us.
Yep. Third-parties that jumped in with the Wii U got burned hard. The abysmal sales of third-parties on Wii U even spooked Ubisoft into thinking that the Switch's audience wouldn't care about their core franchises like Assassin's Creed.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting - MH is foreign to me, but seeing as you're saying the generations games aren't "main" games, are they typically any good?
they're literally Monster Hunter but with slightly different content. the second team made the portable games (Freedom/Unite/Portable/Generations). they're kinda adaptations of the console games, with the Generations games being "best of" of sorts. the expectation here is that whatever the portable team is making, it will be an adaptation of World in some way.

and yes, they're great

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Any engine can be ported. It's a matter of them not wanting to spend the money to do it. They figure they can get by with old ports as their only Switch support and they're probably right.

If Nintendo wants those modern games on Switch, they would aid Capcom financially to bring the engine to Switch. Don't forget, it's not the first time Nintendo did this, bringing Resident Evil to GC and MH to 3DS were examples how Nintendo and Capcom could become good partners (money is always involved). And I think Nintendo definitely wants something like DMC5 on Switch.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think Nintendo definitely wants something like DMC5 on Switch.
Ehhh, Nintendo already has a good relationship with Platinum, so I think Nintendo would rather go to Platinum and throw some exclusivity money at them if they ever feel that their platform needs another character action game. The Switch could use some more horror, though.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
What are you guys expecting from the Sonic SXSW panel? I'm hoping for a Sonic Colors remaster. I think it's still too soon for a new 3D Sonic game or Sonic Mania 2.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If Nintendo wants those modern games on Switch, they would aid Capcom financially to bring the engine to Switch. Don't forget, it's not the first time Nintendo did this, bringing Resident Evil to GC and MH to 3DS were examples how Nintendo and Capcom could become good partners (money is always involved). And I think Nintendo definitely wants something like DMC5 on Switch.

Considering Nintendo stopped publishing/distributing Capcom's games in Europe I think it's safe to say they have no interest in shelling out for Capcom support.

The ship has sailed, the two companies have gone their separate ways.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Considering Nintendo stopped publishing/distributing Capcom's games in Europe I think it's safe to say they have no interest in shelling out for Capcom support.

The ship has sailed, the two companies have gone their separate ways.

I don't know why but people are using that same comment on Nintendo's relationship with any company. No, all ships are still at the bay, Capcom has yet to have a big project for Switch for Nintendo to publish/distribute. Not just Capcom, all other publishers are still playing safe with Switch. None of them has brought huge names to the platform except for those Nintendo specifically asked for (Doom, Diablo, etc).

We know absolutely nothing about third party future of Switch. It's like uncharted waters, we have nothing but NISA's niche titles beyond June. And it's almost impossible to predict what could any third party bring to Switch, that includes Capcom. But if I have to guess, they'd definitely bring something from this gen if it was made possible. No way they're "done" with Switch.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't know why but people are using that same comment on Nintendo's relationship with any company. No, all ships are still at the bay, Capcom has yet to have a big project for Switch for Nintendo to publish/distribute. Not just Capcom, all other publishers are still playing safe with Switch. None of them has brought huge names to the platform except for those Nintendo specifically asked for (Doom, Diablo, etc).

We know absolutely nothing about third party future of Switch. It's like uncharted waters, we have nothing but NISA's niche titles beyond June. And it's almost impossible to predict what could any third party bring to Switch, that includes Capcom. But if I have to guess, they'd definitely bring something from this gen if it was made possible. No way they're "done" with Switch.
Wait how do we know that Nintendo asked for DOOM and Diablo

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait how do we know that Nintendo asked for DOOM and Diablo

We don't, Nintendo never discloses that kinda stuff. It's just obvious, like Bethesda starts supporting Nintendo out of nowhere and Diablo 3 getting bundles etc. Similarly Resident Evil deal on GC and Monster Hunter deal on 3DS. Everybody knew they existed despite the fact that there wasn't any official word from either side.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo already has 2 with a third coming. Nintendo doesn't give a shit. they can want Capcom's output on switch, but they're sure as hell aren't gonna pay for it. whatever partnership they had has since ended, as we can see that from Nintendo not bothering to support Capcom releases anymore

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
We don't, Nintendo never discloses that kinda stuff. It's just obvious, like Bethesda starts supporting Nintendo out of nowhere and Diablo 3 getting bundles etc. Similarly Resident Evil deal on GC and Monster Hunter deal on 3DS. Everybody knew they existed despite the fact that there wasn't any official word from either side.
Oh, definitely. Bethesda didn't start supporting the Switch out of nowhere. I think DOOM Eternal was of their own accord, though.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo already has 2 with a third coming. Nintendo doesn't give a shit. they can want Capcom's output on switch, but they're sure as hell aren't gonna pay for it. whatever partnership they had has since ended, as we can see that from Nintendo not bothering to support Capcom releases anymore

Nintendo gives shit quite often. Especially for companies they're close with. Just this year they're publishing two DQ games from Square on Switch. They could be doing more for others but we. Don't. Know. Third party games beyond this June are still shrouded in mystery. There's only two big known third party slated for latter half of the year and they're both published by Nintendo. Who can say there's no RE2 remake port also published or funded by Nintendo?

Plus don't forget Imran's rumored "Revived game". It very much could be Megaman Legends 3. A Capcom game funded and completed by Nintendo.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
Just to be clear, one of the games that i was talking about being revealed in March got hinted and not fully revealed.

I think its a winter 2019/ Q1 2020 game so it should be fully revealed on a later date.

Oct 27, 2017
None of this is obvious. It's pure conjecture on your part. Bethesda brought their biggest games, Fallout aside. That's it

Mar 23, 2018

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I just want Astral Chain news.
Just to be clear, one of the games that i was talking about being revealed in March got hinted and not fully revealed.

I think its a winter 2019/ Q1 2020 game so it should be fully revealed on a later date.

Monster Hunter Switch then, I don't think there's anything else being teased this month.

Personally I just want my Persona 5.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Ride ain't over yet

Borderlands 3 Switch exclusive here we come

But Borderlands 3 Switch port would actually be pretty neat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.