• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

May 31, 2018
*Nintendo Direct Starts*

*We open on a still frame of Samus fighting Ridley. It slowly zooms out to reveal that the two are models in a diorama, fighting in a massive battle amongst the ruins of a mysterious world.*

*This starts playing as we see shots of other models battling it out in the diorama. Mario is fighting a horde of Bowser's Minions. DK is fighting K-Rool. Link and Zelda are fighting Ganandorf. Kirby is fighting DDD. Isabelle is doing some secretary work. Etc.*

*The music comes to a crescendo and, as it reaches its apex, a shot of Bowser, standing triumphant over the Battlefield over. He's holding something... or someone*

*Everything goes silent and the camera slowly pans across to reveal what he's holding*

*This happens*

HighlevelAdeptEkaltadeta-size_restricted.gif

*The words "Halo X Super Smash Bros" appear*

*A black screen for a few moments*

*The words "Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming soon to Nintendo Switch" appear*

Believe

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I don't feel that this "almost impossible thing" is related to any first-party title from Sony or MS...
Well the analogy Zell made was a first-party Nintendo IP on Playstation. It's possible that the analogy was meant to just emphasize just how "impossible" this thing is, but it's not unreasonable to think it's a hint about it involving a first-party title from Sony or, more realistically, Microsoft.

Besides, what's more impossible than first-party exclusives crossing over to other platforms? Something like the rumored Scalebound revival would certainly make waves, but I don't think it's on the same tier of unbelievability as Mario on Playstation/Halo on Switch due to the fact that Platinum is a 3rd party studio.

TyMiles2012

Mar 26, 2018
Since he said playstation it is making me think it could be ff7R, that's something that would have been impossible before

Final Fantasy is third party though. My assumption was that it's an IP belonging to Microsoft or Sony that will be on the Switch. No way in hell would Sony do that, at least Microsoft would nowadays with certain titles (Ori and Cuphead for example) Neither of those games coming to Switch would surprise me. Zell is making this seem HUGE though. Halo is actually a good guess considering how it brings people together, which is the main point of the Switch's marketing. Now, if it IS Halo, the big question is why would Microsoft do this? My best guess is that Microsoft have become absolute madlads and are trying to get Halo as much attention as possible to win over people to swim in Game Pass profits for the next several years because they care more about subscription revenue than hardware profits, at least so it seems like. My second best guess is Gears on Switch.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
What if there was a Dark Souls character with a death mechanic. Like when they died, there would be an imprint left on the stage, and if they were able to get back to it within a certain amount of time after respawning, they would get a buff of some kind.

Edit: oops i meant to post this in the Smash DLC thread.

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy is third party though. My assumption was that it's an IP belonging to Microsoft or Sony that will be on the Switch. No way in hell would Sony do that, at least Microsoft would nowadays with certain titles (Ori and Cuphead for example) Neither of those games coming to Switch would surprise me. Zell is making this seem HUGE though. Halo is actually a good guess considering how it brings people together, which is the main point of the Switch's marketing. Now, if it IS Halo, the big question is why would Microsoft do this? My best guess is that Microsoft have become absolute madlads and are trying to get Halo as much attention as possible to win over people to swim in Game Pass profits for the next several years because they care more about subscription revenue than hardware profits, at least so it seems like. My second best guess is Gears on Switch.
ff7R was kinda exclusive to ps, the ff series in general was exclusive to ps for a long time. It would also be huge if ff7R was on switch

This would match with what he said it being something that was impossible before but is no longer

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I think Zell's "it wasn't possible a few years ago" quip may say more than intended or I may be completely off base.

But stuff like exclusives were never possible before, but the wording seems to imply its things that wasn't possible a few years ago because Nintendo was in a terrible place with a poorly received hardware that wasn't even competitive.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think Zell's "it wasn't possible a few years ago" quip may say more than intended or I may be completely off base.

But stuff like exclusives were never possible before, but the wording seems to imply its things that wasn't possible a few years ago because Nintendo was in a terrible place with a poorly received hardware that wasn't even competitive.
Maybe the "few years ago" is referring to how Phil Spencer wasn't head of Xbox yet, so Microsoft wasn't shifting Xbox to a future without exclusives back then.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the "few years ago" is referring to how Phil Spencer wasn't head of Xbox yet, so Microsoft wasn't shifting Xbox to a future without exclusives back then.

This is why im leery of going for the most obvious, we've been wrong so many times before by going with the obvious. When it comes to interpreting leaks and hints

What im really saying is, maybe it's not Microsoft related.
Whatever it is, I bet it's underwhelming after all the speculation.

Yeah quite possible, especially since the de facto speculation is Halo or something Microsoft.

Last edited:

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Even something like FF7 and 9 ports that we took for granted today is something seemingly not possible a few years ago. Whatever it is I think I'll be happy.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it'll be underwhelming. I think it'll be great because it'll be Master Chief Collection. There will be lots of joy and celebration.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Yeah, probably, like how the excitement over big third party announcements in March has dissipated mostly.

Yup. As someone who couldn't be less interested in anime games it's been quite underwhelming. Sniper games aren't a huge get either.

Honestly I hope there is more to these rumoured March games than anime games or small JRPGs.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Yup. As someone who couldn't be less interested in anime games it's been quite underwhelming. Sniper games aren't a huge get either.

Honestly I hope there is more to these rumoured March games than anime games or small JRPGs.
Sonic failed us (as usual), so I'm pinning my hopes on PAX East for announcements that are more appealing to me. Persona 5 would be neat, though.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
Def not buying that Yoshi game there's a clear divide between style and just overly kiddy - but I know it has its market and that's fine!

I'm looking forward to FFX and Resident Evils to be honest as that's what looks like will tide me over.

I'm still playing smash with my kids but I feel like I'm smashed out...

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Def not buying that Yoshi game there's a clear divide between style and just overly kiddy - but I know it has its market and that's fine!

I'm looking forward to FFX and Resident Evils to be honest as that's what looks like will tide me over.

I'm still playing smash with my kids but I feel like I'm smashed out...
I don't mind the aesthetic, but the music bugs me so much.

TJG662

Oct 25, 2017
California
My guess from what king said is it will be halo. But not a collection but a new game. I bet it's a halo battle royal. And the only way for them to get a big enough user base without Sony is to have it on the switch as well.

?oe?oe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright guys, when something Microsoft related hits the Switch, you all pretend to be shocked, okay?

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I wonder whether GDC will have anything interesting. Microsoft removed any mention of Switch from their GDC talk description, and they already announced Xbox Live for mobile and made a non-statement for Switch, so we probably shouldn't expect any Microsoft X Nintendo news just yet. Ark for Switch (horrible port btw) was announced at GDC last year.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I get where the Halo guesses come from but honestly, ports of previous gen games, no matter how symbolic they may be, are far from exciting in my opinion. I hope it's something else. Something new.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Seeing all the comments, and having my expectations in check, 2019 will be great.

Hopefully more news will come soon.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I'm not sure if this is off-topic but has this been discussed before: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/...software_is_making_a_game_for_nintendo_switch

The link is a post on Nintendo Life which references an interview with a developer from From Soft in 2018 on Korean forum "dcinside". It says that they are developing a game for Nintendo Switch currently (this could just be talking about Dark Souls Remastered and I can't read Korean so I'm trusting whatever the poster is "translating").

Status
Not open for further replies.