• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
It's a Nindies Showcase. Why would expect anything that isn't a Nindie?

I was never told what Nindies means hence my confusion. Also the confusion continues with people guessing third party ports in some posts. Long day it's been
tenor.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft is left to announce their E3 Presentation, unless Square does another one.

That'll leave the spotlight for Microsoft and Nintendo to announce their joint E3 Presentation.

Nov 28, 2018
Florida
Seems that he heard something similar to what I heard about Viewtiful Joe
Indeed. I have been saying VJ3 for weeks. I've also talked to quite a few people about it, who have heard similar things from at least a few people. It went around quite a lot in insider circles, according to Nate as well. If you've heard it too, the person you heard it from is probably trustworthy (or they follow me or natedrake or somebody else who've mentioned it). All I've heard about it is that Platinum and Capcom are co-developing it and that development started last summer.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Indeed. I have been saying VJ3 for weeks. I've also talked to quite a few people about it, who have heard similar things from at least a few people. It went around quite a lot in insider circles, according to Nate as well. If you've heard it too, the person you heard it from is probably trustworthy (or they follow me or natedrake or somebody else who've mentioned it). All I've heard about it is that Platinum and Capcom are co-developing it and that development started last summer.

Viewtiful Joe 3 had rumors since last year. This is probably the secret game Kamiya is working on...except it's not so secret.
Yeah, it was just so...out there that it was hard to really believe in such, last year.

Now that it at least doesn't look to be a SFGP-level red herring, atm anyway, I'm willing to put more stock in it. Hopefully, they can get most, if not all the VAs back.

And have DMC1 Dante reappear as a guest star extra playable again!

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Right. The info came across my desk last year (almost a yr ago, actually). But there wasn't much to it and there hasn't been much since. I've only treated it as a possibility because info spreads all the time but a very small percentage ends up being accurate.

Joegrine_25

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago
Right. The info came across my desk last year (almost a yr ago, actually). But there wasn't much to it and there hasn't been much since. I've only treated it as a possibility because info spreads all the time but a very small percentage ends up being accurate.

Yea it seems that it's just word of mouth than anything. But I was seeing rumors floating around that platinum had 3 games for switch. Bayo 3, New IP (Astral Chain) and well one that was unknown. I really hope that unknown is actually VJ3

Joegrine_25

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago

I wonder if it's the same person Vergeben got his information from. cuz he reported on that VJ3 is being hinted

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I still can't help but feel really skeptical of the MCC coming to Switch thing.

I most certainly don't want to accuse Sabi/Unbura/king zell of being frauds or anything like that but I still think there's a possibilty that they might be getting duped, Star Fox Grand Prix style. I guess I'm just skeptical of it because for the past several months, we've had several Microsoft/Nintendo collaboration rumors that never came to fruition, such as the Game Pass on Switch rumor that turned out to be nothing, so I feel a little burned out at this point. It just feels too good to be true.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Ori and Cuphead kinda fit the indie theme =x
True.

I don't know, I still can't help but feel really skeptical of the MCC coming to Switch thing.

I most certainly don't want to accuse Sabi/Unbura/king zell of being frauds or anything like that but I still think there's a possibilty that they might be getting duped, Star Fox Grand Prix style. I guess I'm just skeptical of it because for the past several months, we've had several Microsoft/Nintendo collaboration rumors that never came to fruition, such as the Game Pass on Switch rumor that turned out to be nothing, so I feel a little burned out at this point. It just feels too good to be true.

The GamePass Switch stuff simply hasn't been announced yet. No report said it was going to be announced soon.

Last edited:

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I guess I'm just skeptical of it because for the past several months, we've had several Microsoft/Nintendo collaboration rumors that never came to fruition, such as the Game Pass on Switch that turned out to be nothing
Isn't this rumor just one month old ? It isn't supposed to come in 2018. Jeuxvideo.com were the only one to talk about a 2018 release, but even them said it would not be revealed before E3.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this rumor just one month old ? It isn't supposed to come in 2018. Jeuxvideo.com were the only one to talk about a 2018 release, but even them said it would not be revealed before E3.

For the record, I was also referring to the infamous Smash Ultimate Grinch Leak with Banjo & Kazooie on it and that Gaming Intel report which claimed that the N64 mini was going to be announced with Rare's old games on it. Just feels like anytime there's a rumor about Nintendo and Microsoft working on things together beyond Minecraft, it always ends up being fake. Again, too good to be true.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yoooooooooo don't play with my heart

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Yea it seems that it's just word of mouth than anything. But I was seeing rumors floating around that platinum had 3 games for switch. Bayo 3, New IP (Astral Chain) and well one that was unknown. I really hope that unknown is actually VJ3
Ditto. It's the kind of mid-level IP that I could feasibly see Capcom actually allow to be exclusive to the Switch. (At least for awhile, anyway.)

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
If we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 then surely we get a VF HD Collection first?

Also, make a Maximo HD collection while your at Capcom!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The stuff about MCC on Switch, is it just you throwing something out there?
Cause once I saw that they were splitting the SKU's for the PC version the first thing that popped into my head was they did that to get the file size down so it could run on Switch without needing some giant sd card [/tinfoilhat]

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
I would think so, but who knows.

That said, I think there'd be a chance for a game specific direct still

A Mario Maker 2 Direct seems likely just before E3 because it would be a little bit to late to get all the infos out for the game at the show when it launches in the same month.
But besides that? Well they had a Direct in April 2017..so everything is possible.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Mar 31, 2018
A game that I would like to see in this Nindie Direct is A Way Out. It seems to me very suitable for the Nintendo Switch due to its cooperative gameplay. But that seems very unlikely.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat unrelated, but I didn't want to make a new thread, can folks in the UK help me out.

Where can I find a physical copy of YS viii lacrimosa of dana on Nintendo switch? I can't find one and it's overpriced on ebay. Have they stopped shipping additional copies to retailers and it's only available on the E-shop for £49.99? Pricey :O

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
If it is indeed Halo MCC coming to Switch, that's an E3 announcement for sure!

I would prefer Gears to be honest, maybe that could come later if this all turns out.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I don't care about Halo or Gears. But I'm interested in Forza.

We will get ReCore instead and we will like it.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I don't care about Halo or Gears. But I'm interested in Forza.

We will get ReCore instead and we will like it.
could ReCore end up selling better on the switch? who knows

hell, I'd be more curious as to how it could perform. last I heard, it didn't run the best on the xbox

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Status
Not open for further replies.