• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
So the Nintendo Tweet about Nook regarding Tax Returns...
April 15th is Tax Day in the US
April 15th also happens to be Reggie's last day at Nintendo.

Animal Crossing Switch news feat. Reggie on April 15th? (or am I just boo boo the fool)

koalanose

Feb 9, 2019

Animal Crossing Switch news feat. Reggie on April 15th? (or am I just boo boo the fool)

I was thinking this too- especially since some people on here mentioned a general direct usually precedes or follows an indie direct by 2 weeks. 2 weeks doesn't put us on April 15th but they may not want to drop news on Reggie's Actual Last Day haha.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017

Makes sense. It would be great to see Reggie presenting a Direct as a farewell

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Cool for those who haven't played those games and are dying to do so. I prefer new stuff.
It's also quite straightforward to assume that a good chunk of those who had a strong desire to play the Halo franchise already did so. Same goes for all the Final Fantasy games coming to switch; cool to have on the system, that's for sure, but hardly the kind of things for which I buy a new console. To each his own I guess. But if that's what Zell is hinting at, it's disappointing.

I also personally don't care too much about Halo (I would prefer more Forza Horizon),
but I know having something like Halo Collection on Switch would be huge deal for platform and that would effect on other potential projects for Switch.
Final Fantasy is much smaller deal compared to Halo on Switch, Halo is biggest and most famous Microsoft/Xbox 1st party game, while Final Fantasy is game from multiplatform developer.

Something similar goes for potential GTA V for Switch, also game that I personally dont care about, but again I know that handheld GTA V would be huge deal and that would be great for Switch platform.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
"Many" I will grant you, but "most" seems like a stretch.
Over 50% of Switch owners also own a PS4.
Over 50% = most That's all there is to it and it's not even factoring Xbox One. 40% owners own Switch + Xbox One, so how many own Switch + Either PS4 or Xbox One? Probably at least 60 and that's kind of generous with the PS4/Xbox One crossover

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
Makes sense. It would be great to see Reggie presenting a Direct as a farewell

Yes, that would be great and somehow it would make more sense then to say goodbye through a short video on their social media channels.
It would be SO nice if they would end the Direct with Reggie saying "and before I leave, I wanna introduce all of you to one more world...for the Nintendo Switch" and then we see a Teaser for Zangeki no Reginleiv 2.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I'm very hyped for the Nindies showcase tomorrow, hoping this is followed up with a third party focused Direct soon!

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
/Mother 3 showing on the screan
/Reggie drops the mic and walks away
ThoroughValidDunlin-max-1mb.gif

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I still expect Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare 2 to turn up on Switch at some point, isn't it getting new DLC?

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah back on topic, need to see some Untitled Goose Game tomorrow. Also there's a few Microsoft exclusive indies coming this year, hopefully this new camaraderie will warrant some ports. Sable and Void Bastards in particular.

Why do you need to see some Goose Game tomorrow, when so much material about the game has been posted today?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I really don't think Reggie's last day being April 15th means anything.
Definitely. Hopefully Nintendo sneaks in a Direct hosted by Reggie before April 15th to let him have one last ride, though. It's been a long time since he last hosted a Direct, but I have hope!
If there are plans for no more heroes remaste it would be announced in nindies right? Thats what i'm hoping for.
Yeah, Nintendo considers Grasshopper an indie for some reason.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The thing with MS is, I would want a GRANDER stage to talk about and show off what they have coming to Switch. It should be part of a larger presentation. I want Phil there. I want him and Bowser to talk about their partnership. Then I want him to say "Ori is coming to Switch".

These type of things feel to big to be in a Nindies showcase.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The thing with MS is, I would want a GRANDER stage to talk about and show off what they have coming to Switch. It should be part of a larger presentation. I want Phil there. I want him and Bowser to talk about their partnership. Then I want him to say "Ori is coming to Switch".

These type of things feel to big to be in a Nindies showcase.
I'm sure Nintendo agrees. If Ori, Cuphead, or both are announced tomorrow, then people would speculate about other potential Xbox games on Switch instead of talking about all the cool indie games that were shown off. Nintendo wants you talking about the indies. That's why they bother to do Nindies Showcases to begin with.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure Nintendo agrees. If Ori, Cuphead, or both are announced tomorrow, then people would speculate about other potential Xbox games on Switch instead of talking about all the cool indie games that were shown off. Nintendo wants you talking about the indies. That's why they bother to do Nindies Showcases to begin with.
Yep I agree. I never think it's fair to smaller devs by showing Smash or announcing games like Cuphead or Ori are coming to Switch in a Nindies Presentation. Let these guys get their time and day. Nintendo created "Nindies Showcase" for them.

Announcing whatever Microsoft is coming to Switch can come any other day. There are plenty of opportunities...and a big one in June...

Status
Not open for further replies.