• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we should expect anything in addition to the indie showcase. Why take the focus off the indies? And it seems highly possible there will be at least one shadow drop today. Any other big announcements does not seem likely.
They are two different events, Nintendo has no control if epic decides to talk about switch on stage

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Unreal Engine panel's announcements have nothing to do with the Nindies showcase.
They are two different events, Nintendo has no control if epic decides to talk about switch on stage
Right, but Nintendo does seem to work closely with third parties on announcements. I mean, most of the bigger third party announcements have been in Directs, right? And there would be a ton more eyes on a Direct than this panel today. I'm guessing Nintendo would not want to overshadow this indie presentation and they would work with Epic to delay any announcement until the next Direct. Sure, Epic can do what they want, but to me it would make sense to hold any annoucement (if there even is one) until a Direct where millions will be watching.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I like watching old videos so I've been watching Gamexplain's GOTY 2017 Awards. Derrick had Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as his GOTY. And Andre mentions how he just looks at that battle system and it's just not for him or worth the investment. This will always be what hinders the growth of the series. It's probably near max potential. It's too convoluted looking and just to much stuff everywhere.

I would really love to see Monolith Soft's new IP revealed at E3 and show a simpler action battle system (rumored Action RPG) and here what these type of people think about it.

I agree. But I think Nintendo and MS will be happy if the series continues to maintain the sales that XC2 got for every new Xenoblade game. The budget for these games is, according to Takahashi, nowhere near the level of AAA games.

I'm excited to see the new IP and what people's reactions to it will be like. It has the potential to become MS's signature IP—I have a gut feeling it will be the next "Splatoon" for Nintendo in terms of popularity and sales.

These are exciting times for Monolith Soft and their fans! :D

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree. But I think Nintendo and MS will be happy if the series continues to maintain the sales that XC2 got for every new Xenoblade game. The budget for these games is, according to Takahashi, nowhere near the level of AAA games.

I'm excited to see the new IP and what people's reactions to it will be like. It has the potential to become MS's signature IP—I have a gut feeling it will be the next "Splatoon" for Nintendo in terms of popularity and sales.

These are exciting times for Monolith Soft and their fans! :D
Oh yeah I'm not doubting Xenoblade or saying it should change. They should keep doing with what they do with Xenoblade. It works great for me.

The new IP should offer something different. It gives Monolith more variety and a bigger name in the industry, especially if the new IP turns out great. I do agree this new IP I think will be the signature IP for their studio.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, but Nintendo does seem to work closely with third parties on announcements. I mean, most of the bigger third party announcements have been in Directs, right? And there would be a ton more eyes on a Direct than this panel today. I'm guessing Nintendo would not want to overshadow this indie presentation and they would work with Epic to delay any announcement until the next Direct. Sure, Epic can do what they want, but to me it would make sense to hold any annoucement (if there even is one) until a Direct where millions will be watching.
Epic doesn't really do announcements here. it's a "State of Unreal" presentation. the closest we got was "Totally Not Borderlands 3", but that was also a technical presentation

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What if Cuphead WAS THE "Mario on PlayStation" game Zell was taking about? What if MS has nothing else for Switch?

Naaah.

Oct 27, 2017
Great lineup and lots of cool stuff on the horizon, but I'm super bummed we didn't even get a release date for Slay the Spire--it's been my most anticipated game since it was announced last August.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Great lineup and lots of cool stuff on the horizon, but I'm super bummed we didn't even get a release date for Slay the Spire--it's been my most anticipated game since it was announced last August.

They rarely go over games that have been previously shown in these events. Usually if something already announced gets a release date it's simply announced on Twitter.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to edit that in. Site is being slow.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This year is insane. I'm not into a.lot of retro platformers. For me That tbs survival games and the dog sledding adventure game are going into my to buy pile.

The selection is really good now. Not everything is a roguelike or 8bit or retro throwback

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We'll be working with StudioMDHR to implement Xbox Live features into Cuphead on the Nintendo Switch in the coming months. Given the early stage of our work with StudioMDHR, the Xbox Live features will appear in a post-launch update to Cuphead on Nintendo Switch. We'd like to thank Studio MDHR and Nintendo for their help in this investigation!

Man, it does sound like they're bringing Xbox Live just for Cuphead. I don't want to get my hopes up... Screw it, my hopes are all time high!

We need a confirmation from King Zell that Cuphead isn't that "Mario on PlayStation" game. It shouldn't be, Jeuxvideo rumor came true and they also found out that one of Halo, Forza or Gears is coming.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
After they opened with Cuphead I kept thinking "how are you going to open with that one? what could you possibly close this with after dropping something like that?"
And then Link and Zelda showed up and that explains that.
What a showcase though, a lot of the games looked interesting (especially Creature in the Well, that one's got my attention). Blaster Master Sequel, new Double Fine game, there were some really good announcements in this one.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
Man, it does sound like they're bringing Xbox Live just for Cuphead. I don't want to get my hopes up... Screw it, my hopes are all time high!

We need a confirmation from King Zell that Cuphead isn't that "Mario on PlayStation" game. It shouldn't be, Jeuxvideo rumor came true and they also found out that one of Halo, Forza or Gears is coming.

Take a breath, and say after me, wait for it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Christo750

May 10, 2018
While Microsoft's wording kills some hope (it sounds like Xbox Live coming to Switch just because Cuphead devs requested it and it's coming only for Cuphead), I think we should wait and see too. But there's a chance we might get disappointed.
They would not do all of that work only for Cuphead of all things.

No disrespect to Cuphead, but that's a significant investment. Other stuff is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.