• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
I think we will get a general (pokémon) direct soon. They will most definetly show more of Pokemon Sword/Shield before the movie releases early May. Hopefully it'll be in a general Direct with focus on Pokémon in the end like they did with Smash.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I think we will get a general (pokémon) direct soon. They will most definetly show more of Pokemon Sword/Shield before the movie releases early May. Hopefully it'll be in a general Direct with focus on Pokémon in the end like they did with Smash.
I doubt we'll see Sword and Shield in a non-E3 Direct. Pokemon Company is almost certainly going to drip feed info out until the games release, a la Sun and Moon.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need to wait for a Direct for Pokémon news. The Pokémon Company will almost certainly be dropping YouTube videos with new information every couple of weeks, like they did with Sun and Moon.
I doubt we'll see Sword and Shield in a non-E3 Direct. Pokemon Company is almost certainly going to drip feed info out until the games release, a la Sun and Moon.
I wouldn't go that far, though- Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and the Let's Go games were all featured on non-E3 Directs.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Metroid X Halo

But um... honestly, I can't think of many combinations that work. Mario Maker X Project Spark, with 3D Mario game themes?
Banjo & Mario at the World Cup

Edit: Some slightly more serious suggestions.
-Fable of Zelda
-Gears of Advance Wars or Halo Advance Wars
-Great Sea of Thieves
-Forza Excite
-Forza Zero
-Guest characters in KI and Smash

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So to summarize...

Cuphead: Announced
Super Lucky's Tale: Leaked
Ori: Coming according to insiders
Halo: Heavily hinted at
Forza, Gears, Rare Replay: Rumoured?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Check out the stuff "leaked" for the last direct. Everything was wrong, including outlandish stuff like Starfox Grand Prix releasing in Spring.

Like just with a quick check:
1553161292-screenshot-2019-03-21-10-39-06.png

Unless I'm missing the context nothing in that post said any of these things would be revealed in a Direct. And as we now know the Starfox info came from Vergeben who is now a lot less trustworthy, but before the Direct there was reason to put a bit of trust into things he said.

I'm not saying all of these things will happen but I don't think AC and Erdrick not being in the Direct means this stuff is necessarily wrong.

Last edited:

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah in Wabi's defense, he just said that Erdrick would be revealed "soon" and that was it.

I think we'll be getting a Smash specific Direct in April that lays out the 3.0 update, and there will be a teaser for Erdrick at the end of it.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I wonder...did something get pulled from the Indies presentation? They've been so good lately about being slightly longer than the announced runtime, so it feels weird that it was a full five minutes shorter than advertised.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm missing the context nothing in that post said any of these things would be revealed in a Direct. And as we now know the Starfox info came from Vergeben who is now a lot less trustworthy, but before the Direct there was reason to put a bit of trust into things he said.

I'm not saying all of these things will happen but I don't think AC and Erdrick not being in the Direct means this stuff is necessarily wrong.

I just wanted to point out the Starfox stuff but for the other things:
7D7WSxm.jpg

RcQc904.jpg

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Can someone link me to a reference for people talking about a second digital-only Zelda being released this year? Didn't we have a thread for that stuff? I can't find it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to point out the Starfox stuff but for the other things:
7D7WSxm.jpg

RcQc904.jpg

Well to be fair 99% doesn't mean they guarantee those will happen, but yeah those predictions were not accurate. Though what's wrong with claiming Mario Maker 2 is the game meant to push online subs? And what's wrong with claiming AC is releasing over 6 months away?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone link me to a reference for people talking about a second digital-only Zelda being released this year? Didn't we have a thread for that stuff? I can't find it.
Think it was after Links Awakening's reveal where some were saying there's another Zelda coming.

Can't remember the thread tho. Might even this one

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair 99% doesn't mean they guarantee those will happen, but yeah those predictions were not accurate. Though what's wrong with claiming Mario Maker 2 is the game meant to push online subs? And what's wrong with claiming AC is releasing over 6 months away?

Guess I can say whatever I want as long as I say it "only" has 99% chance of happening.
The dude never leaked anything aside from publishing online a trailer one of their friends got through NDA breaking. I'm just trying to understand why are people posting each of his tweets here despite that he knows as much as the common era user. Even worse, practically everything they tangibly hinted at ended up wrong (MM2 being revealed at E3, LM3 being shown in the Direct, Starfox GP releasing in spring, DxM & LM3 being highlights in the direct).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I can say whatever I want as long as I say it "only" has 99% chance of happening.
The dude never leaked anything aside from publishing online a trailer one of their friends got through NDA breaking. I'm just trying to understand why are people posting each of his tweets here despite that he knows as much as the common era user. Even worse, practically everything they tangibly hinted at ended up wrong (MM2 being revealed at E3, LM3 being shown in the Direct, Starfox GP releasing in spring, DxM & LM3 being highlights in the direct).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blindly believing everything they say, I'm just pointing out that the first thing you posted is certainly not proof that their Direct predictions were wrong. The second one definitely was proof that some things were were wrong though, yes.

It seems like they get info from various sources who also share their info elsewhere (like Vergeben) so at the end this person is only as trustworthy as their sources.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So to summarize...

Cuphead: Announced
Super Lucky's Tale: Leaked
Ori: Coming according to insiders
Halo: Heavily hinted at
Forza, Gears, Rare Replay: Rumoured?

We still don't have a solid rumor for Halo. Jeuxvideo said "Halo, Gears and Forza" while our King Zell didn't specify any game. At least Jeuxvideo was specific about Rare.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly king zell is the one thing throwing me for a loop here. If it hadn't been for him and his "Mario on Playstation" comment, I'd just dismiss this whole thing as nonsensical rumors, especially since Cuphead technically isn't owned by Microsoft.

But I don't know, if its not Halo, then what really could amount to "Mario on Playstation"? And if Halo does make it to Switch, then it would stand to reason that Rare Replay or at least some of its games would be brought over as well.

EDIT: For prosperity, this is Wabi's source for Rare Replay (and I guess MCC) coming to Switch.

I heard of Rare Replay from somebody who legitimately markets game bundles for Microsoft and first mentioned Cuphead coming to switch over 4 or 5 months ago. Needless to say, I felt like it was trustworthy enough to share. They've been saying Rare Replay is coming to Switch for a long while now to a few people.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Think it was after Links Awakening's reveal where some were saying there's another Zelda coming.

Can't remember the thread tho. Might even this one
Link's Awakening was hinted as a 3DS game, looks like it was later moved to Switch. Best decision in my opinion.

About another Zelda coming, well, it could refer to the game we saw yesterday. But there are some hints of the Breath of the Wild sequel for next year, so do not expect to see any announcement of that game soon.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Could this be Cadence of Hyrule?

Yeah I think that should be the default assumption. We had heard of an eShop only 2D Zelda game in addition to the Link's Awakening remake, and Cadence of Hyrule fits that bill perfectly.

Honestly king zell is the one thing throwing me for a loop here. If it hadn't been for him and his "Mario on Playstation" comment, I'd just dismiss this whole thing as nonsensical rumors, especially since Cuphead technically isn't owned by Microsoft.

But I don't know, if its not Halo, then what really could amount to "Mario on Playstation"? And if Halo does make it to Switch, then it would stand to reason that Rare Replay or at least some of their games would be brought over as well.

EDIT: For prosperity, this is Wabi's source for Rare Replay (and I guess MCC) coming to Switch.

Yeah I really don't know exactly what would fit that "Mario on Playstation" comment besides Halo. Or, far more unlikely, something from Sony on Switch.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the two best games on Rare Replay are Snake Rattle N Roll and Blast Corps

then they'll thoroughly piss me off after a couple hours of play time and become the worst games

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
We could see a 2020 Zelda announced at e3 honestly you never fucking know with nintendo

Skyward sword released holiday 2011
E3 2012 nothing
E3 2013 nothing
E3 2014 botw

This will be the 3rd e3 since botw released

Though I think botw dlc stuff was at e3 2017

Does this pattern actually mean anything idk

Will nintendo break precedent and the next 3d Zelda comes out within a year 0f being launched so it isn't announced until 2020 or 2021.

Oct 27, 2017
Because all of it is just easily guessable stuff

Why the hell would Nintendo put DKC Trilogy in a pack of MS owned games?
They wouldn't. Nintendo doesn't need Rare to even publish DKC games

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

But I don't know, if its not Halo, then what really could amount to "Mario on Playstation"? And if Halo does make it to Switch, then it would stand to reason that Rare Replay or at least some of its games would be brought over as well.

Finally some Rare Replay rumors. If I can play Banjo and Viva Pinata on my Switch I'm gonna lose it.

In fact, here's hoping we get some Killer Instinct rumors. I'd triple dip for a Switch release.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Link's Awakening was hinted as a 3DS game, looks like it was later moved to Switch. Best decision in my opinion.

About another Zelda coming, well, it could refer to the game we saw yesterday. But there are some hints of the Breath of the Wild sequel for next year, so do not expect to see any announcement of that game soon.

That has no substance, insiders likely assumed it was a 3DS game because of Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS, it was always a Switch game.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
All these Zelda announcements makes me wonder when are we going to hear about Grezzo's new project?
Could be a while. They are a small team and no doubt the LM port ate up some of their resources for a little while.

That has no substance, insiders likely assumed it was a 3DS game because of Metroid: Samus Returns on 3DS, it was always a Switch game.
Based on what? I mean the 3DS rumor seemed pretty legit considering it ended up coming with correct info about other games. What makes you say that it was always a Switch game?

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Could be a while. They are a small team and no doubt the LM port ate up some of their resources for a little while.

Based on what? I mean the 3DS rumor seemed pretty legit considering it ended up coming with correct info about other games. What makes you say that it was always a Switch game?

Because we only heard about Link's Awakening Remake last year when they said it's coming to the 3DS, the game doesn't look like it was a straight up remaster of a 3DS game, unless there were a Switch and 3DS game I believe there was never a 3DS version.

I could be wrong but saying "The game got moved from 3DS to Switch" as a fact when we don't know that is wrong.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Because we only heard about Link's Awakening Remake last year when they said it's coming to the 3DS, the game doesn't look like it was a straight up remaster of a 3DS game, unless there were a Switch and 3DS game I believe there was never a 3DS version.

I could be wrong but saying "The game got moved from 3DS to Switch" as a fact when we don't know that is wrong.
To be fair you're talking about something that was rumored at the beginning of 2018. As a remake that's plenty of time to change over to the Switch, considering the current release date, even if they scrapped their 3DS work.

To your point though, it's certainly not something to take as fact. We'll never know unless it comes up in an interview.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to look up that Project Haggar since I never heard of it before. Some Mega Bloks Halo. I've definitely never seen it.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
That won't happen. There's no need for a second Pokémon direct, The Pokémon Company will just continue the tradition of uploading a new trailer to their channel every two weeks once promotion for the game kicks off.

SM had a grand total of 20 (!) trailers and pretty much all of them have more than 2 million views.

When do you think they will start promoting it more heavily? Sometime around end of May?

Always loved the new gen hype cycle with the Pokemon reveals.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I want to see a Microsoft IP crossover with a Nintendo IP. Idk what franchises they'd crossover, but at this point I'd like to see it happen (please don't say Halo X Metroid).

Ok I want Mario Kart Horizon. The Forza Horizon team to make an open world Mario Kart game that travels around to different courses.

3D Banjo Kazooie + Donkey Kong

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
We still don't have an answer to that supposed "Dead and Buried" cancelled non-Nintendo game being revived

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We still don't have an answer to that supposed "Dead and Buried" cancelled non-Nintendo game being revived

That's an E3 tier reveal. I expect that game, Pikmin 4 (2020) and whatever this "Mario on PlayStation" game is to be biggest stars of the show.

"Mario on PlayStation" should be the closing game, as whatever it is, its protagonist should be Smash newcomer.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems oddly specificm. Tbh it will depend on dev cycles

IMHO they need to work with third parties more to secure exclusives and fill out their library.
I meant to say E3 lol. I'm satisfied with what's coming this year, but yeah I think they'll keep working with third party devs.

I love they're giving out their IP's more it feels like. I want to see this more with bigger studios like Ubisoft Milan. Maybe there are some third party studios out there that are struggling and Nintendo could see if there's any interest.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't really fit the topic at hand that much but Brownies (former Brownie Brown devs) have announced a new fantasy RPG. Apparently they're the devs behind the Doraemon Story of Seasons game (that might actually be getting a localization) so they have Switch experience at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.