Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT|

Oct 26, 2017
It's interesting to look at the 2019 lineup and how first and third party seem to compliment each other rather well. The first half has been rather quiet for Nintendo with a bulk of their software coming in the second half but third parties and indies are starting to make up for it. The "real test" is gonna be the coming months leading up to E3 when third parties are going to have all their big announcements/reveals for this year. So far, the only "big" third party release in H2 are Doom Eternal, FIFA 2020 and I assume NBA 2k20 (unless Yokai Watch 4 and Inazuma Eleven Ares come to the West earlier than expected).

Dec 5, 2017
I think Nintendo don't want to flood the schedule with first party releases. It's the biggest concern of third parties, Nintendo's own software is getting all the attention. For April and May, Nintendo will give the third parties some breathing space, even if they're bunch of old ports.

I still doubt the we'll see Metroid Prime Trilogy this year. It seems MP4 is very far away and this year's first/second party schedule is pretty packed already. I think that's definitely a 2020 title.
Nintendo also want to sell its games in same time, especially because they know their games are biggest reason for buying Switch.
In March we have Yoshi, in April Box Boy and Labo VR, for May we still dont have nothing.

MP4 is far away, but I dont think Nintendo would want to sit on finished game too long (like couple of years),
so yeah, MPT HD is definitely possible.
Last year we saw couple of months with more than one Nintendo releases in one month, same will be this year also.

Dec 5, 2017
Not sure how a MPT HD release in May would work given the lack of an announcement thus far.
Anything is possible, MPT HD would be port not brand new game so its not its need plenty of time or strong marketing,
I mean Nintendo announced Labo VR Kit (biggest and best so far Labo Kit) this month and they are releasing it next month.

Dec 5, 2017
It's interesting to look at the 2019 lineup and how first and third party seem to compliment each other rather well. The first half has been rather quiet for Nintendo with a bulk of their software coming in the second half but third parties and indies are starting to make up for it. The "real test" is gonna be the coming months leading up to E3 when third parties are going to have all their big announcements/reveals for this year. So far, the only "big" third party release in H2 are Doom Eternal, FIFA 2020 and I assume NBA 2k20 (unless Yokai Watch 4 and Inazuma Eleven Ares come to the West earlier than expected).
I wouldn't worry at all about 3rd party support in 2nd half of year, when comes to new games Switch now has announcements and releases much closer to other versions of games, we saw that with Sonic Racing, Mortal Kombat 11 and Crash Bandicoot Racing.
3rd party support should be stronger in 2nd half of year in any case than it is/it will be in first part of year, especially because older ports/remasters are usually announced only around 3 months before launch, for instance some of biggest 3rd party games from second half of last year were announced from E3 and at later dates (Fortnite, NBA 2K19, Fifa 19, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Diablo 3, World of Final Fantasy, Civilization VI..).

Last edited: