• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

giphy.gif

Gonna come back in 1 month to see the final score lol, love fandom drama.

giphy.gif

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
So do we expect a General Direct before E3? And talking about Animal Crossing, will it be revealed before, at or after E3?
Call me delusional, but I still think there's a possibility we'll get an AC Switch trailer in April with more gameplay being shown at E3 (similar to Smash). There are so many small things that line up, like the Tom Nook tweet referring to buying a Nintendo switch with our 'tax returns' - Tax Day is the 15th - which also happens to be Reggie's last day at Nintendo - which also happens to be a day after Animal Crossing's 18th Anniversary.

When playing the game, we often say bye to old friends and say hello to new faces - this could mean a sequence in saying goodbye to our old friend (Reggie) and giving Bowser a warm welcome. Imagine the reveal ending on Reggie saying one of his famous lines 'Okay, that's all I've got. I gotta get back to playing Animal Crossing on my Nintendo Switch' 😓😓

if this doesn't happen, i'm calling it a missed opportunity!

& Animal Crossing just isn't much of an 'E3 Blowout' type game, remember the reveal for City Folk at E3? *shudders* but I guess we'll have to wait & see.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
now I wonder what are the "big games" remaining to be announced this month....borderlands? doesn't sound that exciting honestly....

Deleted member 53692

user requested account closure
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
France
Call me delusional, but I still think there's a possibility we'll get an AC Switch trailer in April with more gameplay being shown at E3 (similar to Smash). There are so many small things that line up, like the Tom Nook tweet referring to buying a Nintendo switch with our 'tax returns' - Tax Day is the 15th - which also happens to be Reggie's last day at Nintendo - which also happens to be a day after Animal Crossing's 18th Anniversary.

When playing the game, we often say bye to old friends and say hello to new faces - this could mean a sequence in saying goodbye to our old friend (Reggie) and giving Bowser a warm welcome. Imagine the reveal ending on Reggie saying one of his famous lines 'Okay, that's all I've got. I gotta get back to playing Animal Crossing on my Nintendo Switch' 😓😓

& Animal Crossing just isn't much of an 'E3 Blowout' type game, remember the reveal for City Folk at E3? *shudders* but I guess we'll have to wait & see.
I want (need) that to happen

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
now I wonder what are the "big games" remaining to be announced this month....borderlands? doesn't sound that exciting honestly....

Sounds like we might not get Borderlands after all. ESRB just leaked it that BL1 remaster coming to PS4, Xbox and PC.

I think King Zell meant indies when he said March to have "big third party announcements". But he also said "lots of ports" and only port news we got was Cuphead (and Sniper Elite stuff).

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm really dreaming of the possibility that AC gets the E3 Smash treatment from last year. There's a lot to talk about, the AC Amiibo all just got re-released, how online will work, what's new, what's coming back, controller colors.

I would love me some April Direct gameplay just to get the look and feel out of the way before E3 and I can just focus on freaking out about the content.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like we might not get Borderlands after all. ESRB just leaked it that BL1 remaster coming to PS4, Xbox and PC.

I think King Zell meant indies when he said March to have "big third party announcements". But he also said "lots of ports" and only port news we got was Cuphead (and Sniper Elite stuff).
I dont think so. Big games are not Indies, so it cant be what he talked about, if it was indie games, he would just say indie announcements or game announcements.
We still have PAX East where a lot of exciting stuff could get announced.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think so. Big games are not Indies, so it cant be what he talked about, if it was indie games, he would just say indie announcements or game announcements.
We still have PAX East where a lot of exciting stuff could get announced.

Yeah, best thing to do is to wait for PAX. But no Borderlands hurts a little, I was kinda hyped about it.

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
I dont think thete'll be any other switch announcements this month

Take 2 and gearbox have both been ambivalent on thr switch

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Regarding Persona 5 on Switch:

A lot of rumors turned out to be true. It's no really fair to call most of the discussion here fan fic dreams or whatever. Even the most bizarre one, Cup Head, was true in the end and some other rumors, we still don't know.

The only big wrong thing predicted here is Star Fox Race because Metroid Prime Trilogy can easily be true.

So, in my opinion, P5 Switch can still happen. I would give until April to call it a fake rumor because everyone that talked about this game on Switch also said that the most propable date would be during the month of April.

Let's just wait and see.

In the end, at this point I think that a no show for P5 would make more harm to atlus than to Nintendo.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Persona 5 on Switch:

A lot of rumors turned out to be true. It's no really fair to call most of the discussion here fan fic dreams or whatever. Even the most bizarre one, Cup Head, was true in the end and some other rumors, we still don't know.

The only big wrong thing predicted here is Star Fox Race because Metroid Prime Trilogy can easily be true.

So, in my opinion, P5 Switch can still happen. I would give until April to call it a fake rumor because everyone that talked about this game on Switch also said that the most propable date would be during the month of April.

Let's just wait and see.

In the end, at this point I think that a no show for P5 would make more harm to atlus than to Nintendo.
If it doesn't release until fall it could easily be announced at e3 too, it doesn't have to be announced in april

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

There are other major publisher ports on the way. I don't know when they are being announced.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The ESRB listing for the Borderlands 1 remaster is kinda weird because it doesn't lineup with Gearbox' twitter tease which showed Borderlands 2

And that is already available on PS4/XONE/PC

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019

I completely agree, it's the perfect opportunity to reveal things during April instead of E3, because as much as people love AC it's not a knock your socks off game like Smash or BotW, it's meant to be relaxing and peaceful (exception being Mr Resetti lol) and I think SMM2 or LM3 will get the highlight spot, leaning more towards SMM2 as its coming out in the same month and will generate more hype.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I will continue pretending that Persona 5 S does not exist. Meanwhile,... show Shin Megami Tensei V and Sakura Wars, SEGA!

Deleted member 52093

Banned
Jan 17, 2019
The ESRB listing for the Borderlands 1 remaster is kinda weird because it doesn't lineup with Gearbox' twitter tease which showed Borderlands 2

And that is already available on PS4/XONE/PC
It's more than likely the Borderlands 2 VR for Oculus Rift and Vive since it's a timed PSVR exclusive. I don't think Switch is getting anything Borderlands related. Bulletstorm tease is for sure a Switch release. However, it's not that exciting since it's a smaller IP and yet another remaster (one that is 2 years late.)

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Will the smash direct revealing joker and his female costume be before or after the next p5r info? That's the question

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
It's more than likely the Borderlands 2 VR for Oculus Rift and Vive since it's a timed PSVR exclusive. I don't think Switch is getting anything Borderlands related. Bulletstorm tease is for sure a Switch release. However, it's not that exciting since it's a smaller IP and yet another remaster (one that is 2 years late.)
Let's be realistic, Bulletstorm is coming to VR and nothing is coming to the Switch /s

I personally want the Bioshock Collection on my Switch.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Yeah, I expect a last Direct for Reggie. He won't be there for E3 so he might want to appear in the April direct. And I think it'll be time to reveal Animal Crossing, yep.
I mean, they could just reveal it at E3, release it 3 months later and it would still be one of the biggest Switch's release ever.
But still, I think they would like to actually throw a bone at us lol.
February direct was crazy with a shit ton of great reveals, I was only expecting the PlatinumGames reveal or the Zelda reveal, but not MM2 + Zelda + Astral Chain on the first direct of the year. They have decided to show a lot of things pretty early on this year, I think it's time to show Animal Crossing to the fans. (And that Tom Nook tweet indeed felt like the marketing of the game should start soon enough)

First party wise for an april direct, focus on Mario Maker 2, show a new trailer of Luigi's Mansion 3, announce Pikmin 3 port, reveal Animal Crossing, and it's a good spring direct.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, at this point, I'm writing off Persona 5 for switch. I know there's "multiple projects" but until otherwise, it's a dead deal to me. I can't wrap my head around Nintendo choosing Joker for Smash right now. the "advertise Smash to Persona fans" feels like a weird point since Smash has high crossover appeal before you get to third party characters. I'm willing to bet many Persona fans who have a switch probably has Smash already anyway.

still think the SMT5 protag should have been the choice with SMT1-4 protags as alts

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's a bit funny to claim to want to steer this thread away from fanfic when that's the whole premise of the thread lol

I'll retire the idea of P5 Switch when April brings nothing. Until then, I will just wait and see.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

BL2 for VR makes a lot of sense actually. I don't follow the series that closely so I wasn't aware of that, I just found it a bit weird how they teased something BL2 related and then the ESRB rating for the first one came out.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Yeah, I want Nintendo to get Animal Crossing out of the way before E3. A tell-all for the game at E3 would be boring for non-fans.
I dont think thete'll be any other switch announcements this month

Take 2 and gearbox have both been ambivalent on thr switch
Take-Two promised more support after Civ 6.
Persona Super Live (a concert)

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
First party wise for an april direct, focus on Mario Maker 2, show a new trailer of Luigi's Mansion 3, announce Pikmin 3 port, reveal Animal Crossing, and it's a good spring direct.

I've seen this quite a bit, why a Pikmin 3 port and not Pikmin 4? Was this said by a credible leaker? It's just the most random thing, imagine in a direct you hear the start of the main pikmin theme, everyone knows it's coming, hype is building and boom "Pikmin 3 Deluxe (now with new Funky mode)"

What has even happened to Pikmin 4? Has it gone the same way as MP4?

Status
Not open for further replies.