• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We deserve our lashings. We have not given enough to the alter. For only when we are truly thankful, we will recieve salvation

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My guess: A small Direct will be held the first week of March. News will be provided on Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing, which are all given fall release windows. The next Smash character is revealed. Nothing else notable is announced. A Pokemon Direct later in March announces Gen 8 for November. The next Direct is held at E3. Fire Emblem is given a September date, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are in October. 2D Zelda is announced for December. Another Smash character is revealed. A teaser is shown for 3D Zelda with a holiday 2020 window. Nothing else is announced.
So you think Nintendo has nothing planned between March and Fall lol

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Several insiders have said there would be a Direct "soon" since January. That might however be more speculating than knowing.
The biggest clue we have is that Emily said there will be plenty announcements this month.

Oh dang, did she? I know that she mentioned the 11 unannounced games but I didn't see anything about announcements happening this month. I haven't been paying super close attention though.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
My guess: A small Direct will be held the first week of March. News will be provided on Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing, which are all given fall release windows. The next Smash character is revealed. Nothing else notable is announced. A Pokemon Direct later in March announces Gen 8 for November. The next Direct is held at E3. Fire Emblem is given a September date, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are in October. 2D Zelda is announced for December. Another Smash character is revealed. A teaser is shown for 3D Zelda with a holiday 2020 window. Nothing else is announced.

Fire Emblem is already confirmed for Spring, and they literally just told investors that no games for 2019 are going to be delayed.

Of course that doesn't mean it's impossible, but it seems like a pretty strong signal that FE will keep its Spring launch date.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, we don't have any actual clue about a new Direct but a deleted Destructoid page and insiders saying "soon"?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to see Persona 5 for Switch in the next Direct.

*my god it feels so good to say that without someone telling me I'm "off topic"*

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Read the title...

Nintendo Direct

tenor.gif

Speculation |OT|

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
A Direct on the 14th would be terrible for me, it's my girlfriend's birthday lol. :'(

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Several insiders have said there would be a Direct "soon" since January. That might however be more speculating than knowing.
The biggest clue we have is that Emily said there will be plenty announcements this month.

She said there would be announcements this month? As in February? I must have missed that.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I read the quote in the OP, but I still can't make sense as to why a speculation thread is necessary when there hasn't been a Direct announced officially. Seems pointless for the time being because discussion will only be about what everyone's been discussing in different threads already.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem is already confirmed for Spring, and they literally just told investors that no games for 2019 are going to be delayed.

Of course that doesn't mean it's impossible, but it seems like a pretty strong signal that FE will keep its Spring launch date.

Fire Emblem is not going to be released in the spring. "No delays" means nothing is getting delayed out of 2019, not that a game won't move a couple months. There's no way Nintendo could confidently know that absolutely nothing will get delayed a couple months.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
We probably need a subtitle. But I am way too sleepy to think up one so I will leave it to you people.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem is not going to be released in the spring. "No delays" means nothing is getting delayed out of 2019, not that a game won't move a couple months. There's no way Nintendo could confidently know that absolutely nothing will get delayed a couple months.

For a game that's supposed to release 3-4 months away from when they said this? Of course they can know if it's going to be delayed or not.

For all we know FE has been done for a while and they're sitting on it, just like they did with Yoshi.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
I'm going to be optimistic that it will be a sizeable Direct with a bunch of new announcements. Yoshi looks cool but that, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem aren't enough to cover a whole year (forgive me if I've missed any big first party offerings). I like to believe the downscaling of 3DS development has freed up plenty of teams to work on Switch software. What else can they be doing?

Deleted member 26156

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Gonna guess something along the lines of

March - Yoshi's Crafted World
April - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
May - Daemon X Machina
June - TOWN
July - Luigi's Mansion 3
August - [Unknown Game]
September - Animal Crossing
October - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
November - Pokémon
December - [Unknown Game]

with 2-3 months doubling up on exclusives.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a weird word where we're speculating on the announcement of a presentation on future announcements

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I read the quote in the OP, but I still can't make sense as to why a speculation thread is necessary when there hasn't been a Direct announced officially. Seems pointless for the time being because discussion will only be about what everyone's been discussing in different threads already.
Seriously. It's just a chat thread based on nothing. "I think it'll be this week!" over and over again.

There's no way to accurately predict a Direct outside of blatant leaks, so it's not like someone is going to say anything new here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So I take it that this is a pandemonium?
Hmmm I still think sooner rather than latee

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's Nintendo's fault. They're not giving us new news on their first party games. When they start giving us then that topic will be relevant again.
Oh it absolutely is. And to be honest, after 2018 being a rather slow year for them I supposed they'd give us something in the first few months of 2019. But the longer the direct takes, the smaller a chance of that to happen becomes.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Those of you who are more familiar with the Wii U library: What are the most wanted ports from that system? Have the cupboards been fully raided at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.