• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
As of April 9th there are currently NO reliable rumors of a Direct happening in April.
There was an interesting Best Buy leak from last week though...

The purpose of this thread:

To better contain the madness of ResetERA's Nintendo Direct speculation, and keep it relatively separate from the Nintendo First-Party thread.

As a general rule, let's try to avoid too much "reset the clock" type posts, until of course, we have a really good reason to think it's time to actually be resetting the clock. Madness must have some modicum of reasoning, you know?

I will do my best to gather relevant information to this OP, as potential leaks arise, and insiders come in with hints or when more informed speculation forms.

Bear with me as I update this OP based on your suggestions for the information you would like to see here! (Feel free to @ me or quote me with suggestions)

ALSO: DO NOT MESSAGE/HARASS AND TAG 'INSIDERS' (this should go without saying, but they've alluded these things crossing the line)

As of Monday, February 18th, the speculation is that a Pokemon Direct is possible as early as next week,.

EVERYTHING BELOW IS FROM PRIOR TO THE FEBRUARY 13th DIRECT, KEEPING IT HERE FOR CONTEXT, BUT MOVING ON TO NEW SPECULATION ABOUT WHEN THE HECK WE ARE EVER GOING TO SEE METROID PRIME TRILOGY ON SWITCH.

Goodbye for now, sweet prince of a thread!

UPDATES ON THE SUSPECTED (decently probable) DIRECT DATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS OP Feb. 8th

DISCLAIMER: We must all realize and understand that the hints and information dropped over the past day or so need to be taken for what they are. Nintendo is always free to change their own plans before insiders catch word of said changes.

As for king zell and Emily (just the main two), we need to make sure we understand that not everything teased for 2019 will be in the rumored Direct for next week.

Most of you have already understood this to be the case, but for those just now catching up, I repeat, it's worth understanding that all the teased games have not been teased specifically for a reveal next week.

The thread title was not created to troll or make anyone think a Direct had been announced. The title was just copied and pasted from the admin post giving permission for said topic. Working now to clarify the title to prevent that reaction. Feb. 7th

For clarification, this is Nibel's expressed permission from the staff to create this thread:

One point I'd like to address: while there will be ultimately some kind of overlap between 1st party discussions and Direct discussions, I imagine the Direct thread would be more focused on speculation, possible leaks and rumors than this one. It would basically be a thread to contain "all the madness" in one place to keep this thread more level-headed and on-topic.

We've discussed to have a dedicated thread after Moon's suggestion yesterday and came to the conclusion that this might work for the best going forward. So: if anybody is interested to make that thread, they are officially allowed to do so.

Only thing I'd like to ask for is that the OP keeps the opening post updated and tries to keep up with the discussion/speculation.

It would stay in the main Gaming forum just like this thread

In order to better understand reason for the thread being created, Plum has been hard at work organizing a spreadsheet that shows us the pattern, or lack thereof, for Nintendo's communication with consumers regarding their releases. Now, this does not necessitate why this thread exists, but surely gives some insight as to why there's more clamoring for a Direct than usual. The numbers in this spreadsheet reflect the days between Directs.

0TCC0pp.png

Feb 14th is the earliest possible date, unless they decide to throw one out on another day that would be mostly unprecedented.

RED ALERT RED ALERT

king zell dropped in with this bit of information this morning (Feb. 8th) so here we are!

13 is your lucky number..... and am out

And I step away from what felt like another quiet morning...

There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.
Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.

Last edited:

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Almost had a heart attack, when I saw Nintendo Direct.

OP
OP
Kevin360

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
One point I'd like to address: while there will be ultimately some kind of overlap between 1st party discussions and Direct discussions, I imagine the Direct thread would be more focused on speculation, possible leaks and rumors than this one. It would basically be a thread to contain "all the madness" in one place to keep this thread more level-headed and on-topic.

We've discussed to have a dedicated thread after Moon's suggestion yesterday and came to the conclusion that this might work for the best going forward. So: if anybody is interested to make that thread, they are officially allowed to do so.

Only thing I'd like to ask for is that the OP keeps the opening post updated and tries to keep up with the discussion/speculation.

It would stay in the main Gaming forum just like this thread
How about making a thread when there's an actual direct.

See top quote.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Reopened as it was given permission by Nibel to proceed.

Sorry for the miscommunication, please proceed and remember to act prudently.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I think thread title needs to be changed a bit to make it clear this is based on nothing, otherwise this thread will keep getting "I got a heart attack" posts...

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't really followed the rumor mill too closely. Do we have reason to believe that Direct is coming soon? I know there's the usual "a Direct is always around the corner" vibe, but I'm talking about actual hints from insiders.

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's talk about 1st party studio projects and processes to pass the time until the next Direct announcement.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
The first party thread has been a direct thread all year long, so it's probably for the best to keep direct speculation and first party talk separate.

PCK

Oct 26, 2018
Let's go! Second try!

I imagine we will get deep dives into Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. A trailer for Luigi's Mansion.
Release dates for FE, DxM and Joker.
Third parties are the biggest question mark for me? Any big publishers we're expecting to show up?

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Well I was wrong and spammed the thread in the first reply to my shame.

Anyway it's almost certain nothing happens today unless it's a mini one like last January. Fingers crossed we get a regular direct some time this months because I start to believe we won't.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
There is one coming this month if my source is correct.

wishful thinking

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
About time we have an insane asylum. All signs are pointing to March. Put me on #TeamMarch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin360

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I think thread title needs to be changed a bit to make it clear this is based on nothing, otherwise this thread will keep getting "I got a heart attack" posts...
Probably a good idea. I wasn't thinking of that at all before making it. I just straight up copied Nibel's thread title.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm really hoping for updates on the Resident Evil games in the next Direct. No reason they shouldn't release ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.