• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I agree. How the hell would Nintendo trust a company that had to cancel multiple projects (and please don't bring up when Metroid Prime 1 was coming Nintendo cancelled multiple Retro projects).

lmao I counted the 40 seconds as minutes.
If Retro has only done two failed projects in the 5 years since Tropical Freeze, Nintendo would have shut them down by now, not give them the keys to a marquee project. Maybe Star Fox was the first canned project, but I highly doubt Retro has cancelled two large projects at this point.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Ehhh... Smash can only hold me for so long. Lol I need Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem Three Houses
I don't get this kind of sentiment. If you have other consoles/PC, you can play on those in the meantime if nothing Nintendo published this quarter is for you. If you don't have other alternatives or don't want to play on those, there are really a ton of games coming out every week on the Switch (and not just "pixel art" games, though many of those aren't bad either).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So there you have your tease, you gals and guys think it's possible to not have this thread grow some 24 pages per day? ^^

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
So we get Pizza before valentines? Or is that just the day of the order and it comes the day after?

Also 13? KINGDOM Hearts lol
Not like I would really want that after paying a of them on PS4 the last few months.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
If Retro has only done two failed projects in the 5 years since Tropical Freeze, Nintendo would have shut them down by now, not give them the keys to a marquee project. Maybe Star Fox was the first canned project, but I highly doubt Retro has cancelled two large projects at this point.

Yep, exactly this.

And I agree, even if the Star Fox thing was canned and rumours/dates are mistaken/mixed up, then surely a third entry in the successful DK Returns series would have been given a green light.

I'd love it if Retro came out all guns blazing at E3 "what do you mean what have we been doing for 5 years? Here's a new DK because we love a trilogy, oh and we heard Star Fox needed a good game. Here you go!"

As many have said though... do they have the capacity? Did they really just put a small team on Tropical Freeze Funky Kong mode, or did that team also move onto a new DK Returns title?

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
13 is your lucky number..... and am out

bullet-bill-bomb.gif

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we do get a direct on the 13th I hope it's a good one, we're all so info starved atm I dread to think what the reaction here would be if it ends up being a mini or something.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
If its not next week I doubt we will see one until Joker read to be shown and + next DLC char is ready announced.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Nate Drake confirmed this when he was talking about Nintendo loving us. Regardless, thanks King Zell!

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.