• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Now that we pretty much know it's coming, what do you think will be shown?

I think Fire Emblem is a given, I'm guessing April release date revealed. I don't think Luigi's Mansion 3 will be shown at all, I think that's a fall release. I think Animal Crossing is possible, but not for sure.

As far as unnannounced goes, what reveal(s) do you think we'll get?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 13th could mean the announcement of the Direct. Either way we get a Direct on the 13th or it's announced on the 13th to be on Valentines Day (14th). Both work out for me!

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't think he'd be privy to when Nintendo plans to announce the event, just the date of the actual event. Based on his tease I expect the Direct to be on the 13th.

Which time zone though is a good question.
I mean, it's not that hard to guess the Direct announcement day. Regular Directs are announced the morning of the day before, game-specific Directs the morning two days before. (morning in PST)

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
I don't think he'd be privy to when Nintendo plans to announce the event, just the date of the actual event. Based on his tease I expect the Direct to be on the 13th.

That's a really good point. It could be 13th in Japan. It just seems weird to me that they would skip the opportunity to do it on Valentine's Day and on their regular Thursday.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
We've had tons of Wednesday directs before. It just started to occur on Thursdays more often since the switch era started.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Dear the King and the Nate,

(Woo-hoo) Pleased to meet you! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh, yeah.

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
So Nier Automata will be in the next Direct right?
And Tetris Effect
And Ace Combat 7

I'm glad I won't have to decide whether to buy a ps4 anymore

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
13 in Japan, 14 in EU/US is very likely.

Depends on his source.

Or maybe 13th is day of the announcement.

Errr doesn't the time difference go the other way? 14th in Japan would be 13th in EU/US?

I mean, it's not that hard to guess the Direct announcement day. Regular Directs are announced the morning of the day before, game-specific Directs the morning two days before. (morning in PST)

I mean I don't think he'd have inside knowledge about when the announcement is taking place, but rather when the event happens. He could guess when the announcement would be, sure, but I don't think he'd drop by and post a guess like that.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.
Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

timezones.gif

Hmm. It could be 13th in America and 14 in Japan.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Uhhh, sounds like there were some developments. Would someone mind spoonfeeding me what's happened these last few days?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Holy crap you're really dropping it all now!

Thanks for sharing, this is great to hear.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker 2? Took them long enough to get that game in some form to Switch, be it as a port or as a sequel.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Has Nintendo ever done a February direct before? This is rather peculiar.

Even then, they are rarely on Wednesdays. My guess is an announcement on the 13th with the direct coming the following day.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious what they'll do to expand Mario Maker for a sequel. That might be my most hyped game on that list, just to see what they've done.

2D Zelda will be awesome of course too. And we all know what we're getting with MPT, I just want a date there.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

So what happened to the rumored Star Fox racing game?

Still, Super Mario Maker 2 has me hyped.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Hmm. I guess Mario Maker is the online title and 2D Zelda the one we would be delighted to know. No word on Retro?

Status
Not open for further replies.