• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Omg my hype is rising! Finally to hear that announcement of a new Direct will be a relief. What do you guys think Nintendo will say for the Direct?

Sometimes they say "look forward to Switch titles coming this Spring" or "look forward to Switch titles coming this year".

I hope it's the latter. I want it to say something like this one. Maybe give the time and not specific to a season.

Jesus, I almost had a heartattack!
It's cool, that you are hyped as we are...but the tweet was really unnecessary 😨

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I think the frame is going to be "over the first half of 2019."

I'm not going to do the whole prediction laundry-list thing, but one thing I will say is that I expect Animal Crossing to come out a lot sooner than many people seem to be predicting. A lot of people seem to be assuming that because it and Pokémon are the two 2019 heavy hitters we already know about, that means those are going to be the holiday games, but I don't think AC is going to be a holiday or even fall title. June 28 seems like a good release date for it (and the Switch mini in NA/EU, though that won't be announced in this Direct).

In Japan I'm thinking AC will be sandwiched between DQXI S on, say, June 15 (with the Switch mini launching on that day in Japan), and Yo-kai Watch 4 on July 11, as sort of a one-two-three punch for the Switch and younger/casual audiences.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be mean, and I hope I'm not assuming anything...but you know what you did. So many people are going to see that without reading the date and your post and assume It's a new update. Seriously, think first.
I thought first. I prefaced what I said in my post. Not my fault. Don't talk down to me. I showed an example of what they've done in the past.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not going to do the whole prediction laundry-list thing, but one thing I will say is that I expect Animal Crossing to come out a lot sooner than many people seem to be predicting. A lot of people seem to be assuming that because it and Pokémon are the two 2019 heavy hitters we already know about, that means those are going to be the holiday games, but I don't think AC is going to be a holiday or even fall title. June 28 seems like a good release date for it (and the Switch mini in NA/EU, though that won't be announced in this Direct).

In Japan I'm thinking AC will be sandwiched between DQXI S on, say, June 15 (with the Switch mini launching on that day in Japan), and Yo-kai Watch 4 on July 11, as sort of a one-two-three punch for the Switch and younger/casual audiences.

Personally, regardless of release date, I think AC will be massively marketed and also get its own Direct (like Smash got).

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Obligatory

tumblr_n8bgt16pa11s1n4poo1_500.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've said I think AC will be July. There's a big holiday in July for Japan

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
"The stars certainly seem to be aligning for next week".

There's a possible hint in there for a game that will be in the Direct. He likes to do that a lot.
Yep. That just makes it a bit more humiliating when something he's heard turns out to be fake, though, like when he spent two weeks elaborately spelling out "Metroid Premiere" with the first letter of each tweet, only for MPT to be a no-show at the Game Awards.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If y'all really getting fooled by a direct tweet on a Sunday evening it's no one's fault but your own lol

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about this just last night. It feels like, to me, AA is in an awkward position, with sales regressing. You'd know better than anyone if that's true, though.

I was thinking that they're going to try and move away from Nintendo, and also focus more on the west, with this next title. I figured the multiplat trilogy was an indication of these future plans, a part of a larger move to shooter wider with the series. If that's the case, they might not want to tie themselves so closely to Nintendo's marketing initiatives.

I think pretty much all AA games, at least on the 3DS, have primarily been revealed through TGS? Sometimes they reveal the game prior (AA5, DGS), but then they withhold any gameplay until TGS. If a game were to be revealed/details withheld until TGS, that'd be a four year gap in release from AA6 to AA7 (and three from DGS2), which definitely seems a bit long. If I'm right and they want to push the series more in the west, then maybe this time around we won't see such a dependence on TGS.

So, I'm playing around with a piece on the series either for a personal blog or to pitch, so I won't go into too much detail about how the series got here, but AA is definitely in an awkward spot. AA5 and AA6 both found themselves in the position of trying to please all the branches of the fandom - to the point that the writers specifically ended AA6 in such a way they'd have a ton of room to write the next game - but AA6 sold less than AA5, and the DGS games had some of the worst sales in the series.

I think the series goes multiplat, but I don't know if it goes day and date multiplat. That depends on how much of a relationship Nintendo and Capcom have over the series. I could easily see a Switch exclusive launch with ports down the line, or a Switch + Mobile with other consoles/PC later.

And yeah, TGS is the primary showcase for the series. AAI1, PLvsPW, AA5, and DGS1 were announced outside of TGS, but didn't get actual gameplay reveals/details until a following TGS. AAI2/AA6/DGS2 were announced at or around TGS. But I was expecting AA7 to show up at TGS last year and all we got was AA123, so maybe they're breaking away from that.

Mar 23, 2018

There's a possible hint in there for a game that will be in the Direct. He likes to do that a lot.
Yep. That just makes it a bit more humiliating when something he's heard turns out to be fake, though, like when he spent two weeks elaborately spelling out "Metroid Premiere" with the first letter of each tweet, only for MPT to be a no-show at the Game Awards.

Stars huh... aligning huh...

xenoblade2-kosmos-3.jpg
Xenosaga Trilogy confirmed

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dawg (dog?) you said it.

That was hilarious how he spelled it out and it was wrong lol. But yeah he loves to do these hints and say his sentences in a certain way. There's a possible hint her. "Stars" hmmm

Funny I fully expect Devil May Cry in the Direct. I'm not sure if he's hinting at that, but I'm expecting it to show up.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Obon is in July in the Kanto region, August everywhere else.

I've said I think AC will be July. There's a big holiday in July for Japan

I could more easily see YW4 taking the mid-July slot, though — like YW1, YW2, and YW3 before it.

Late July or later is a possibility, but my hunch is that we won't have to wait that long. June is the end of the fiscal quarter, and Nintendo's late-April/early-May earnings briefing would provide a good opportunity to announce the Switch mini (just as they announced the New 2DS XL at that quarter's briefing in 2017). I think they'll both want to launch the Switch mini alongside AC and also have it available for the release of DQ XI S and YW4, hence, June.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think expecting Pokémon in the Direct is kinda ask to be disappointed, Pokémon is usually announced in it's own direct. However I think it's possible for a Pokémon Direct reveal date.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Mother 3 AFAIK is a dead end

It was full steam ahead for a while but upon re-evaluation there were aspects of the game that weren't going to go without controversy

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017

It's definitely a hint - people keep saying "Pokemon Stars" but I'm thinking something to do with Space. Probably Captain Falcon's Space Adventure.

Eightley

Nov 6, 2018
So, I'm playing around with a piece on the series either for a personal blog or to pitch, so I won't go into too much detail about how the series got here, but AA is definitely in an awkward spot. AA5 and AA6 both found themselves in the position of trying to please all the branches of the fandom - to the point that the writers specifically ended AA6 in such a way they'd have a ton of room to write the next game - but AA6 sold less than AA5, and the DGS games had some of the worst sales in the series.

I think the series goes multiplat, but I don't know if it goes day and date multiplat. That depends on how much of a relationship Nintendo and Capcom have over the series. I could easily see a Switch exclusive launch with ports down the line, or a Switch + Mobile with other consoles/PC later.

And yeah, TGS is the primary showcase for the series. AAI1, PLvsPW, AA5, and DGS1 were announced outside of TGS, but didn't get actual gameplay reveals/details until a following TGS. AAI2/AA6/DGS2 were announced at or around TGS. But I was expecting AA7 to show up at TGS last year and all we got was AA123, so maybe they're breaking away from that.

I feel like the games have exhausted their audience at this point. There's only so much ace attorney non-hardcore fans can take.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Mother 3 AFAIK is a dead end

It was full steam ahead for a while but upon re-evaluation there were aspects of the game that weren't going to go without controversy
That's a shame. Hopefully we reach a point eventually where Nintendo isn't scared of the controversy, or society moves forward so that there is no controversy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.