• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
More often than not lately general Directs have been announced on the day before the air. About 32 hours before they air, specifically.
Directs are usually announced the day before in the recent past. There was also a holiday in Japan today, so it was even less likely. Most likely tomorrow.

Oh yes they usually announce it a day before the broadcast. Tomorrow will be D-Day then!

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nobody's ready for this direct, the biggest megatons of this year haven't even been hinted at yet
Hc49UsH.png

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I would buy it without thinking twice.

Same.

Emily did mention in her most recent blog that Nintendo execs spoke about disappointing Labo sales and that they were "formulating new methods to convey its allure." Then she predicted a new kit would come soon and its "gimmick" might surprise many people.

King zell included "Pokemon" in his list of 2019 games still waiting to be announced. But... Mainline Pokemon is already announced so... spin-off?

And, of course, the most concrete evidence... Jonneh said the word "snap."

Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Fahreneit is such a ridiculous system of measurement, along with imperial. The US needs to finally join the rest of the world

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Same.

Emily did mention in her most recent blog that Nintendo execs spoke about disappointing Labo sales and that they were "formulating new methods to convey its allure." Then she predicted a new kit would come soon and its "gimmick" might surprise many people.

King zell included "Pokemon" in his list of 2019 games still waiting to be announced. But... Mainline Pokemon is already announced so... spin-off?

And, of course, the most concrete evidence... Jonneh said the word "snap."

I think you're reading into things too much, but I would gladly take a pokemon snap 2.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
In the end, the Direct could be just Reggie or the Nintendo Direct PR representative of your region doing nothing but dancing to Polka for 20 minutes, as long as i get my 3 Houses release date.

Actually, i would be very amused by such a Direct ... for whatever reason that is.

The classism in this thread needs to stop asap

Ok, you're the boss.

^^

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I was right that people would be panicking for lack of announcement today.

But others, level-headed folks, would think the announcement would happen tomorrow lol

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
On the subject of Tropical, is there any hope of Retro pulling a bigger surprise than just their mystery game?
  1. Retro Studios never cancelled a game. They've been sitting on a final entry to a DK Returns trilogy and they have a mysterious (Star Fox GP) other title ready/nearly ready too. When they were nearing completion of the third DK entry, that team put Funky Kong into the Tropical Freeze port and ported the game to Switch under Nintendo's instruction to maximise returns to counter the prolonged development cycle on their other title.
  2. Retro Studios did cancel a game, and Tropical Freeze port was brought in to fill the void in their release schedule. However, at that time they beefed up the port team in order to allow them to make a third entry (albeit on a longer development cycle than the previous entries) whilst another, larger team stuck to the mysterious (Star Fox GP) title. This could mean they are now in a position where their mysterious title is likely ready, and a new DK is potentially close to being ready.
Assuming Metroid Prime Trilogy is real and ready to launch, are we also assuming Retro developed it? Or do we think it was outsourced to a smaller studio, like many ports tend to be?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
part of me feels like nioh might come to the switch tbh

game celebrated its 2nd anniversary and 2.5 mil sales a few days ago so i could imagine a switch version is in the works especially considering how insanely popular the system is

Status
Not open for further replies.