• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
part of me feels like nioh might come to the switch tbh

game celebrated its 2nd anniversary and 2.5 mil sales a few days ago so i could imagine a switch version is in the works especially considering how insanely popular the system is

Why was I under the assumption that Nioh was a PS4 console exclusive?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Why do I get the feeling that this Direct will disappoint a huge amount of people, as usual.
Fuck no, they have 3 revealed titles for 2019 that need more info, 1 title we have plenty of info for but still would be nice to see more off, Town, and eventually a Pokemon Direct. Alongside whatever the hell else they have to announce for 2019. The only way it dissapoints is if this turns out to be a Mini Direct, with no previous announcement.
Unrelated to anything, who likes tropical weather
I like my regions to be nice and spring like, perhaps some winter weather.
Yep, if it isn't announced tomorrow, I'm staying off of era.
There won't be an Era to stay off of if that happens.
nobody's ready for this direct, the biggest megatons of this year haven't even been hinted at yet
Hc49UsH.png
TBH, BoxBoy in HD is hype as fuck, they can do something amazing with it if they applied themselves to do so.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's true, i can't stand the heat
Look at you, mister bigshot temperature conversion knowledge man.

Anyway, cool fact, thanks!

As a US citizen, I agree fully.
I know a lot of things, i am a very stable genius

Okami 2 Switch Exclusive. I can feel it in my bones.
I hope it's not exclusive, a masterpiece deserves to be played by everyone

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
On the subject of Tropical, is there any hope of Retro pulling a bigger surprise than just their mystery game?
  1. Retro Studios never cancelled a game. They've been sitting on a final entry to a DK Returns trilogy and they have a mysterious (Star Fox GP) other title ready/nearly ready too. When they were nearing completion of the third DK entry, that team put Funky Kong into the Tropical Freeze port and ported the game to Switch under Nintendo's instruction to maximise returns to counter the prolonged development cycle on their other title.
  2. Retro Studios did cancel a game, and Tropical Freeze port was brought in to fill the void in their release schedule. However, at that time they beefed up the port team in order to allow them to make a third entry (albeit on a longer development cycle than the previous entries) whilst another, larger team stuck to the mysterious (Star Fox GP) title. This could mean they are now in a position where their mysterious title is likely ready, and a new DK is potentially close to being ready.
Assuming Metroid Prime Trilogy is real and ready to launch, are we also assuming Retro developed it? Or do we think it was outsourced to a smaller studio, like many ports tend to be?

Or they've been working on the ultimate crossover for 5 years:

Donkey Kong Country: StarTropical Freeze.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
On the subject of Tropical, is there any hope of Retro pulling a bigger surprise than just their mystery game?
  1. Retro Studios never cancelled a game. They've been sitting on a final entry to a DK Returns trilogy and they have a mysterious (Star Fox GP) other title ready/nearly ready too. When they were nearing completion of the third DK entry, that team put Funky Kong into the Tropical Freeze port and ported the game to Switch under Nintendo's instruction to maximise returns to counter the prolonged development cycle on their other title.
  2. Retro Studios did cancel a game, and Tropical Freeze port was brought in to fill the void in their release schedule. However, at that time they beefed up the port team in order to allow them to make a third entry (albeit on a longer development cycle than the previous entries) whilst another, larger team stuck to the mysterious (Star Fox GP) title. This could mean they are now in a position where their mysterious title is likely ready, and a new DK is potentially close to being ready.
Assuming Metroid Prime Trilogy is real and ready to launch, are we also assuming Retro developed it? Or do we think it was outsourced to a smaller studio, like many ports tend to be?

I don't think they have any other game ready to release except Star Fox. If I recall correctly, the rumour is that a different studio made the Prime trilogy port.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

1527690980869.gif

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
part of me feels like nioh might come to the switch tbh

game celebrated its 2nd anniversary and 2.5 mil sales a few days ago so i could imagine a switch version is in the works especially considering how insanely popular the system is

To my understanding, such was impossible because Nioh and its sequel are both console-exclusive to Sony.

Even after Nioh 2's announcement, the only words Koei had to offer up when it came to exclusivity was:

So, Nioh is likely going to stay on Playstation hardware.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The only thing I really want that hasn't been announced is a new Donkey Kong game but I think if that exists we won't see it until E3.

...okay, I really want a real Paper Mario 3, but that will never be announced.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omg sorry for you :( , is it very bad or it's a little surgery?
you know, they're just gonna send some tubes through my penis hole all the way into my bladder and then through there into the tube that connects the kidney to the bladder and then drill into an 8x5 mm stone, and then i have to pee out the remains which i've been told feels like peeing glass shards. nbd*

*nbd means no big deal

it's really not a big surgery, it's pretty routine

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
To my understanding, such was impossible because Nioh and its sequel are both console-exclusive to Sony.

Even after Nioh 2's announcement, the only words Koei had to offer up when it came to exclusivity was:

So, Nioh is likely going to stay on Playstation hardware.

fairs i guess, looks like sony still have an exclusivity deal going on with koei tecmo

thanks for that

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Please say you guys are joking about Pokemon Snap.
My heart can't take rumors of the GOAT Pokemon spinoff if nothing comes out of it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
you know, they're just gonna send some tubes through my penis hole all the way into my bladder and then through there into the tube that connects the kidney to the bladder and then drill into an 8x5 mm stone, and then i have to pee out the remains which i've been told feels like peeing glass shards. nbd*

*nbd means no big deal

I've been told drinking excessive amounts of water helps prevent kidney stones.

This is why I pee like 19 times a day.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
speaking of okami, i'll take okamiden HD. i know i'm one of the 17 people who will buy it, but it still needs to happen.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

*nbd means no big deal

Kidney stones hurts like hell... good luck

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

this is a nintendo direct thread. it is a shitpost quarantine zone with a very very tiny dose of credible rumors. assume everything in here is people freaking out for the fun of it.

also a real announcement of a switch exclusive sequel to a cult classic would lead to a port-begging graveyard thread on the front page of gaming anyway so it'd be hard to miss lol.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Predictions:

Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement
Fire Emblem release date
Final Fantasy release dates
Smash DLC Joker trailer
DLC Character 2 hint
Spyro
MK11 release date
SNES games online
Pikmin 4

One more thing......

Animal Crossing trailer.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
this is a nintendo direct thread. it is a shitpost quarantine zone with a very very tiny dose of credible rumors. assume everything in here is people freaking out for the fun of it.

Hey, I'll have you know that we have some extremely credible rumors and not just shitposts. Some rumors are so credible that they will blow your minds.

Specifically that -40 degrees C = -40 degrees F.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Talking about rumours, I expect Mercurysteam to announce Samus Returns Again: Chozo X Chronicles this week. It'll be the surprise Metroid game for 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.