• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So something new has to be announced for the 3DS. Each direct since the beginning has had one new announcement.

What would you be OK with? What would make you the least mad?

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
So today is the day right?
giphy.gif

This gif is a true horror lol

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
So is there a compiled list of all the rumors / hints for the upcoming Nintendo Direct and 2019 Nintendo games in general? This thread is difficult to keep up with.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been out of Era for 9 hours. Any updates?

I only see pizza talk here. Last time were otters, now pizza? You people are insane lol

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
So something new has to be announced for the 3DS. Each direct since the beginning has had one new announcement.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Switch-only Direct, we already have dates for Kirby and Perdona Q2 3DS games and I don't know if they will want to release new games or just rely on the big 3DS library (which is more then sufficient for 3DS current goal)

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Lets go! 30 minute deep dive into Yoshi Crafted World, look at all the things it does differently from Woolly World, namely sometimes you run around in the background, one more thing: Daemon X Machina releases December 2019, please understand. That's all folks, see you at E3 for more exciting news.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm not feeling the Direct hype enough, needs more crazy predictions that will never happen. So I shall save this thread with mine:

- Opens with Joker reveal trailer
- Persona 5 coming this year. Persona 4 Golden coming as well.
- Fire Emblem Three Houses coming this summer. It's HUGE
- Animal Crossing in your VEINS this September. Big villages, more villagers, more personalities
- New top down Zelda, open world again. Similar art style to BotW.
- New 3D Zelda teaser trailer. 2020 baby. Will use assets from BotW
- Monolith Soft steals your heart with a new IP, coming this winter. Female protag, still fantasy with mechs.
- Xenoblade X port is coming and Mira needs to be seen. Sequel teased TBA.
- Monolith isn't done boys and girls. Beaten Kaitos collection coming to Switch including a reboot this summer.
- a trailer starts and you hear a train on rail tracks, including its interior. You hear several footsteps until this sound track starts playing. https://youtu.be/lMd6V1IOJ5k
Suddenly a train gets suplexed. Yes, prepare your Switch for Final Fantasy VI remake.
- Custom Robo revived. Nintendo's own mech series. Focuses on online gameplay and collecting robot parts. Action RPG launching this spring.
- Capcom brings Dante and some pizzas to the Switch and finally announces DMC collection, including DMC4SE.
- That's not all, MH5P is coming to the Switch. More monsters than even MHGU.
- Nintendo vs Capcom revealed. Aims for competitive scene and fan service.
- Okami 2 is also revealed, developed by Platinum.
- Platinum Games also working on a mysterious Murasame Castle game.
- Sakurai appears again and he bamboozles everyone by not talking about Smash, but revealing Kid Icarus Uprising 2.
- Super Mario Maker is announced. With slopes!
- Captain Falcon still doesn't get his own game.
- Sega finally snaps and announces Yakuza remaster 3-5 for Switch. Also both Kiwami and 0 coming.
- Dragon Quest XI S coming also to the West.
- DQB2 as well.
- Dragon Quest III remake in the works. First worldwide simultaneous release in the making.
- Direct ends with Erdrick/Loto reveal trailer.

This isn't much, I can see it really happen.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017

Anything similar to Epic Yarn is fine in my book (I.e. low-profile Wii or DS ports). As long as they're profitable, I think they should keep them coming for a while.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Stick with me here guys, I know this does not relate directly to the number 13 but what do you get if you add the number 1 and the number 3, as in Mother 3, together?

You get the number 4. Mother 4. Announced on February 13.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
So let me recap what I missed in the last 9 hrs : King Zell laughing at the doubters, PolarPanda teasing DQ rep reveal for Smash soon...And we're good ?

Woylie

May 9, 2018

Considering how much 3DS sales seem to have fallen off a cliff judging from the recent earnings, I wouldn't be surprised if this is Switch only. Maybe some stuff like Persona Q2 that has yet to be localized.

I'd love more cross platform stuff like Sushi Striker and Captain Toad. Also Kirby Rainbow Curse is begging to be ported to 3DS, it's baffling that it hasn't been.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
- DQB2 as well.
- Dragon Quest III remake in the works. First worldwide simultaneous release in the making.
These would make it the best Direct of all time. Add a Mother 1/2/3 remake or compilation and it becomes the best Direct of any timeline.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Considering how much 3DS sales seem to have fallen off a cliff judging from the recent earnings, I wouldn't be surprised if this is Switch only. Maybe some stuff like Persona Q2 that has yet to be localized.

I'd love more cross platform stuff like Sushi Striker and Captain Toad. Also Kirby Rainbow Curse is begging to be ported to 3DS, it's baffling that it hasn't been.

Persona Q2 was recently announced to be releasing outside of Japan on June 4th!

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I'm not feeling the Direct hype enough, needs more crazy predictions that will never happen. So I shall save this thread with mine:

- Opens with Joker reveal trailer
- Persona 5 coming this year. Persona 4 Golden coming as well.
- Fire Emblem Three Houses coming this summer. It's HUGE
- Animal Crossing in your VEINS this September. Big villages, more villagers, more personalities
- New top down Zelda, open world again. Similar art style to BotW.
- New 3D Zelda teaser trailer. 2020 baby. Will use assets from BotW
- Monolith Soft steals your heart with a new IP, coming this winter. Female protag, still fantasy with mechs.
- Xenoblade X port is coming and Mira needs to be seen. Sequel teased TBA.
- Monolith isn't done boys and girls. Beaten Kaitos collection coming to Switch including a reboot this summer.
- a trailer starts and you hear a train on rail tracks, including its interior. You hear several footsteps until this sound track starts playing. https://youtu.be/lMd6V1IOJ5k
Suddenly a train gets suplexed. Yes, prepare your Switch for Final Fantasy VI remake.
- Custom Robo revived. Nintendo's own mech series. Focuses on online gameplay and collecting robot parts. Action RPG launching this spring.
- Capcom brings Dante and some pizzas to the Switch and finally announces DMC collection, including DMC4SE.
- That's not all, MH5P is coming to the Switch. More monsters than even MHGU.
- Nintendo vs Capcom revealed. Aims for competitive scene and fan service.
- Okami 2 is also revealed, developed by Platinum.
- Platinum Games also working on a mysterious Murasame Castle game.
- Sakurai appears again and he bamboozles everyone by not talking about Smash, but revealing Kid Icarus Uprising 2.
- Super Mario Maker is announced. With slopes!
- Captain Falcon still doesn't get his own game.
- Sega finally snaps and announces Yakuza remaster 3-5 for Switch. Also both Kiwami and 0 coming.
- DQB2 as well.

This isn't much, I can see it really happen.
Persona 4 would be a dream, I want to play it so badly but I don't want to buy a Vita.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are we not expecting a Zelda 2D announcement because it's too early?

That, MPt, and the FFs already announced have basically already made my year. I don't need anything else!

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018

That, MPt, and the FFs already announced have basically already made my year. I don't need anything else!
Yes, i think this Direct will be focused on games releasing between now and July, they will save the big fall announcements for the E3 Direct

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, i don't think they'll show gameplay from Joker in Smash. If there is some sort of Persona 5 for Switch, i could see Atlus getting the first call on Joker gameplay for their March event.

Just hoping that AC 3 won't take too much time in the Direct ... given Ubi's slip yesterday that one's all but confirmed.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017

If there's no other general Direct till E3 then I'm expecting a tease of at least one of the 2D Zelda/Mario Maker tomorrow.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a current summary of reasonable Direct speculation?

I assume information on games like Fire Emblem and Yoshi would be likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.