• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
GUYS YOU'RE SETTING YOURSELVES UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT AGAIN!!

Worst-case predictions are better for your post-Direct mental health - I'll begin:
  • Shadowdrop of first episodes of FFVII and FFIX.
  • Announcement of remaining Smash DLC characters: That guy from Doom, that guy from Minecraft, and due to unexpected popular demand: Waluigi.
  • Announcement of a "Switch Pro" that can only be used chained up to your TV at home with Pro Controllers (buy separately) and will allow 60FPS on BotW. Pokemon Gen 8 will be the first exclusive.
  • No sign of Persona 5, GTA 5, Witcher 3. Only Assassin's Creed 3 will ever get a port.
  • Nintendo announcing that after the "disappointing" Switch sales and 3DS dying, Switch will be their last hardware line. As advised by their investors after the financial success of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp they will bring all their franchises full-mobile free to play from 2020 onwards.
Worst-case predictions are for bums who can't handle mild disappointment, to be frank. And they impose a foul mood on oneself, which I don't think is good for one, either.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why does Jonneh keep posting Mario soccer gifs and Mario Golf. Dude getting me hyped for another Mario sports game.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
I'm very curious to the extent of the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD visual enhancements. I do wonder if they'll go closer to Wind Waker HD with a completely overhauled lighting system or closer to Twilight Princess HD with much improved textures and image quality only.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Why does Jonneh keep posting Mario soccer gifs

You juggle a soccer ball with your feet......juggling is another way of saying combos....combos are what racks up stylish points...three SSS gets you a

lBqOZMZ.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have expectations for this to be a top 5 Direct of all time (only counting General Directs and not including E3 Directs).

De_Eindbaas

Feb 7, 2019
Netherlands
I'm very curious to the extent of the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD visual enhancements. I do wonder if they'll go closer to Wind Waker HD with a completely overhauled lighting system or closer to Twilight Princess HD with much improved textures and image quality only.

Don't get your hopes up too much. If super Mario Bros U Deluxe proved anything it's that Nintendo is very confident about releasing "unenhanced"-ports. I wouldn't expect too much

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Don't get your hopes up too much. If super Mario Bros U Deluxe proved anything it's that Nintendo is very confident about releasing "unenhanced"-ports. I wouldn't expect too much

That comparison isn't quite right.

NSMBUD is a port of a 6 year old game. Metroid Prime Trilogy harks back to 2002 at its oldest.

The comparison should therefore be what Nintendo have done in recent times with games from that much older era when they have a lot more horse power to work with.

The comparison is therefore with the likes of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD and not with a game which came out within this same generation.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
If Nintendo learned their lesson that the 2018 line up was too sparse and that negatively impacted their sales, then this Direct should be packed to show how 2019 will be different.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017

That's an invalid comparison as NSMBUD was already HD upon initial release, same as DKCTF & MK8.

Better comparison would be the two Zelda HD remasters. Or even the N64 to 3DS releases for the visual upgrades (ignoring resolution); usually they do enhance the games when moving to a significantly more modern & powerful system.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
It seems a little odd to act like "no Labo announcements in Directs" is a hard-and-fast rule when we've had all of two waves of Labo.
And none of them was mentioned in any Direct.

Much like the mobile games, Nintendo seems to be keeping Labo separate. They know it's not the same audience.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I never played that one. I played Golf Story so if it had a campaign like that would be cool.
it took the rpg path much more seriously than other titles
and even had human characters made by camelot which had a ton of personality and charm (it took place in a more realistic world)
finally getting to the mushroom kingdom courses was super coo

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it took the rpg path much more seriously than other titles
and even had human characters made by camelot which had a ton of personality and charm (it took place in a more realistic world)
finally getting to the mushroom kingdom courses was super coo
Interesting. That'd be nice to see a more fleshed out world for a golf game.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Legit leaks don't usually end in "many more announcements!!1" without saying what those are.

And none of them was mentioned in any Direct.

Much like the mobile games, Nintendo seems to be keeping Labo separate. They know it's not the same audience.

How's that working out for them, though?

It seems like even if there was a don't-promote-Labo-in-Directs edict, Nintendo might be willing to switch it up now. Especially if this new Labo kit leans on established Nintendo IP, as is rumored.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i sure hope it's fake simply because i don't want 3 Houses to release that late. ^^

Also, stuff like Pikmin 4 and Maker 2 would definitely kept for an E3 direct. Then Labo, iirc they kept Labo stuff and Directs seperated, so if that hasn't changed this year, i don't think the Direct would feature anything from that line.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
image0.jpg

It's a nearly plausible leak. But a bit too good to be true, plus stuff like Labo that makes me disconsider it.
Pikmin Trilogy doesn't sound very Nintendo, I mean, Pikmin 3 was full price on Wii U... Also Pikmin 4 for this year? Isn't already too packed? Also SNES games available now? I don't know, I don't believe it.

On the too good to be true scale I'd rate this one 7/10.

EDIT: Scratch that, just noticed SMM2 & Luigi both for Summer, lol not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.