• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
How's that working out for them, though?

It seems like even if there was a don't-promote-Labo-in-Directs edict, Nintendo might be willing to switch it up now. Especially if this new Labo kit leans on established Nintendo IP, as is rumored.
Hmm, good point.

Yoshi's Crafted World seems like an obvious opportunity for a Labo tie-in, so maybe...

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I stopped at "Pikmin Trilogy". Fake.

Yep, agreed. The idea of Metroid and Pikmin both having trilogy ports is already a stretch, but then releasing them both in the same month? Not at all likely.

It's a pretty good summary of a lot of the things we've discussed in this thread though... I wonder where they got their inspiration from...?!

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo Labo "Toy Gun" doesn't sound right at all.

The toy industry is very insistent to never call toy guns "guns." They're always "blasters" or something of the like. Nerf will never call one of their products a Nerf gun, even if everyone else does.

Nintendo knows this, having released the "Zapper" and the "Super Scope" (which lacked a scope).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, agreed. The idea of Metroid and Pikmin both having trilogy ports is already a stretch, but then releasing them both in the same month? Not at all likely.

It's a pretty good summary of a lot of the things we've discussed in this thread though... I wonder where they got their inspiration from...?!
Metroid Prime Trilogy does make sense since it already exist on the Wii. King Zell said Pikmin 3 is coming to Switch and I believe him- so that means no Trilogy for Pikmin.

samb_rules

Jan 16, 2018
image0.jpg

It's a nearly plausible leak. But a bit too good to be true, plus stuff like Labo that makes me disconsider it.

Way too good to be true surely. Plus an open world Pikmin? On the plus side I can see a lot of the good stuff in this actually happening, just not all of it. Gotta save some bits for E3 right?

If that 2D Mario rumour turns out to be true what do you reckon it's gonna be? A New Super style? Or something.. new?

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
I start reading down the 'leaks' like "Meh sooo fake!" then for some reason like halfway through I make myself forget it's fake and start thinking man this is gonna be such a great Direct!!! only to snap back to reality by the end disappointed lol.

F**K YOU NINTENDO THIS IS SOME HOW YOUR FAULT!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I know. I've read it all. But at this point I'm convinced Miyamoto has been bossing around a room full of vegetables that he thinks are Nintendo employees making the game for the past 5 years.
Well, according to some insider posts a few days ago, Pikmin 4 might have restarted development at some point after Miyamoto teased it at E3 2015, which is why we still haven't seen it.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Smash Ultimate supposed to get a companion app thru the Nintendo Online app like Splatoon 2 has? I could see this being revealed in a Direct.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I just always love fake leaks that have hyper-specific info but then abruptly say "and MORE"

almost as if they don't want to risk tipping their hand too much

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Metroid Prime Trilogy does make sense since it already exist on the Wii. King Zell said Pikmin 3 is coming to Switch and I believe him- so that means no Trilogy for Pikmin.

Yep, I'm pretty much set on it being MPT and Pikmin 3.

Also, there's no mention of Daemon X Machina. Unless they're going quiet on it due to a delay, I would expect this game to be in the Direct, probably with a release date too.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
image0.jpg

It's a nearly plausible leak. But a bit too good to be true, plus stuff like Labo that makes me disconsider it.

Kingdom hearts 2.8 being announced without 3 is a big giveaway that it's fake, I reckon. If they can get 2.8 running, they have to be able to do 3 given it includes the 3 prologue, and there wouldn't be much sense announcing 2.8 withour it.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's a little late to be announcing new retail products for March, so claiming a Labo kit will release in March is automatically suspect.

Also, why would the Pokémon Direct be next week, when we know Pokémon Day is in two weeks (and now know that a bunch of Treehouse staff will be at Nintendo NY doing a Q&A then for some reason)?

It's a pretty fakey list. And yeah, it was posted before and dismissed then too.

JackStone91

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2018
Well, according to some insider posts a few days ago, Pikmin 4 might have restarted development at some point after Miyamoto teased it at E3 2015, which is why we still haven't seen it.
Saw that as well. I get Emily is legit a lot of the time but that is some convenient timing given the recent other big 4th game in a series that just got publicly announced as restarting development.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Kingdom hearts 2.8 being announced without 3 is a big giveaway that it's fake, I reckon. If they can get 2.8 running, they have to be able to do 3 given it includes the 3 prologue, and there wouldn't be much sense announcing it.
The main course of 2.8 is DDD HD. They could turn 0.2 into a movie.
However, Nate said KH in Switch isn't happening yet.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Exact 4 hours for the announcement. Brace yourself guys!
Hope the direct is sooner than 32hrs after the announcement

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
That list clearly read Zell's post every other game is a safe bet. Don't expect every single game to show up (and yes it is fake)

Status
Not open for further replies.