• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stand corrected, I assume it found more life as prices dropped. I do know it limped out of the gate at the time and most were surprised since it was a great game.

Depends on the definition of limping, I suppose. No doubt it got a boost from being added to the Selects line, but a month after release it had already cleared 2 million shipped.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I think the twist with 2D Zelda will be you can play co-operatively in the same world space, but independently of one another.

"It's the Dark Souls of 2D Zeldas."

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
We aren't nearing the bottom of the barrel at all. We haven't even gotten half of the Wii U NES VC line-up yet.

And getting two games per-month doesn't suggest that at all. Nintendo just doesn't want to give us those Japanese exclusive games so we just get one less compared to them.

Good point! I completely forgot the Wii U virtual console had so many... there's 90 NES games available on there! Do we think these are straight forward to port across?

Also, looking at when Nintendo added their games to Wii U, the amounts are pretty similar to the Switch era, and they did overlap their NES and SNES releases.

90 NES Additions
34 were added in 2013
30 were added in 2014
11 were added in 2015
12 were added in 2016
3 were added in 2017

50 SNES additions
25 were added in 2013
13 were added in 2014
10 were added in 2015
2 were added in 2016

Annoying Old Party Man

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just need SNES games as a "free" addition to the yearly subscribers.

And Metroid Prime Trilogy.

And the first AC teaser.

And Pikmin 3. And 4.

Is it too much to ask?

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Until an announcement? I thought an announcement was supposed to come 9 and a half hours ago... What time does Nintendo normally announce these things?
t1549980000z0.png

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Insiders won't know the timing of announcement, they can only know the direct date. So 13th is definitely the direct date and not announcement. Announcement in 200 mins or else Nintendo's doomed
we will just reset the clock

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
The wonder from down under ladies and gentlemen. This is a good post and one to remember for the next few hours.
At the risk of sounding like a kiss-ass, this is a great post and I think you are consistently one of the better posters on this forum, and this is why.
And I also really appreciate EatChildren , always one of the best people on gaf and now here.

Thanks amigos.

It just shits me, because it leads to avoidable frustration I find hard to sympathise with. Over excitement and literal interpretation of grapevine gossip from yes, reliable sources of information, but none of which can be actually vetted by anyone else here. The things these people tease and say are not in any way facts. They are not absolute truths, not even necessarily 100% confirmed to the people sharing. They're not Nintendo and treating their teasing and leaks as official announcements is so foolish.

The Metroid-at-VGAs thing is a great example. I don't doubt the leakers stating as much were extremely confident it was happening for reasons we cannot possibly know. We also can't possibly know what actually happened. We can't know if it was real, and pulled. Or if their sources misheard something. Or they lied. Or it was a deliberate bait and switch by Nintendo to weed out leakers. We can't know and they don't seem to know either. In a sea of strikes this was, for them, a miss and is noted as such.

I just remember when I worked in some journo stuff every once in awhile I'd see or hear information that I was personally one hundred percent sure of yet in sharing couldn't necessarily be trusted because...why would you? Like, I literally viewed alpha tech stuff of Mass Effect Andromeda a good year+ before it was even announced. I saw stuff that never made it into the game. And the same person who shared this content with me told me plans for the game that, to this day, still aren't formally "confirmed" (Kotaku later leaked a lot of it though). I made a video about what I'd seen and heard. And even though I knew for a fact based on visual evidence that what I'd seen and heard was absolutely true and real, I encouraged people to take what I was saying with a pinch of salt because I personally do not work for EA, I do not work for BioWare, I am not working on the game in any capacity. I am just a stranger on the internet.

I'm confident the Direct is coming as hinted because I like the leakers collective strike rate. But it's not a Nintendo announcement. So until that happens, there is technically no Direct.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
We can't have as many NES games as Wii U, though. Wii U had third party games. I can't see a huge amount of third party games being added to NSO as Nintendo would have to pay for them.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
We can't have as many NES games as Wii U, though. Wii U had third party games. I can't see a huge amount of third party games being added to NSO as Nintendo would have to pay for them.
We already have:
  • Blaster Master
  • Mighty Bomb Jack
  • TwinBee
  • Double Dragon
  • River City Ransom
  • Ghosts'n Goblins
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Gradius
  • Solomon's Key
  • Super Dodge Ball
  • Ninja Gaiden
What's stopping any more from happening (besides the Mega Man games; Capcom probably don't want to ruin the sales potential of their Mega Man collections)?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe in Mario Strikers 3 because Next Level Games makes it and they have Luigi's Mansion 3 coming this year. I can see Mario Strikers 3 in 2021 if NLG wants to make it. Of course if Nintendo finds another developer to make it it could come earlier.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I don't believe in Mario Strikers 3 because Next Level Games makes it and they have Luigi's Mansion 3 coming this year. I can see Mario Strikers 3 in 2021 if NLG wants to make it. Of course if Nintendo finds another developer to make it it could come earlier.
Developed by the FIFA team

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Didn't the President of Nintendo already come out and say not a lot of the players subscribe for a year and a lot of people dropped off after one month? In my opinion, releasing SNES games now is still not enough to get people on board for a year. They need to increase online functionality at the system (chat/messaging/etc) level as well as offer snes games.

They said that early on most subs opted for the yearly subscription but now people are buying more the shorter periods.

Developed by the FIFA team
You might think it's a jest, but it would be great.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I've said it before, but put out SNES games with the datamined list and Nintendo Online finally becomes worth a $4.30 price tag with an 8 person family plan.

Gianko

Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
I don't think that a MPT is a thing...and i hope it's not 'cause a well made hd remaster for 3 games sold together are not possible.
they could announce the remaster for all 3 games though and sell them separately with the first game coming soon.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
For Nintendo it is now time to do a direct. At the moment Nintendo is so much pressure from us Fans that they have to do a Nintendo Direct Asap. Apart from Yoshi and a few 3rd party games, we know nothing for the rest of the year.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
Welp, the Charli gif got removed, back to the drawing board of stan twitter gifs. I'll workshop some stuff appropriately obnoxious enough for a Nintendo direct thread.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
For Nintendo it is now time to do a direct. At the moment our fans are putting so much pressure on them that they have to knock out Nintendo Direct. Apart from Yoshi and a few 3rd party games, we know nothing of the rest of the year.
Nothing?

Have you been living under a rock?

There's like 15 AA to AAA games slated for Switch already for this year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For Nintendo it is now time to do a direct. At the moment our fans are putting so much pressure on them that they have to knock out Nintendo Direct. Apart from Yoshi and a few 3rd party games, we know nothing of the rest of the year.
This Direct is going to be really good. I can feel it already. 5 months of no direct and Furukawa saying he delayed unannounced games to this next fiscal year (April and forward), and him saying he wants better momentum from April-September points to a really good Direct coming.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
This Direct is going to be really good. I can feel it already. 5 months of no direct and Furukawa saying he delayed unannounced games to this next fiscal year (April and forward), and him saying he wants better momentum from April-September points to a really good Direct coming.
Where did he mention delaying unannounced games?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
The Metroid-at-VGAs thing is a great example. I don't doubt the leakers stating as much were extremely confident it was happening for reasons we cannot possibly know. We also can't possibly know what actually happened. We can't know if it was real, and pulled. Or if their sources misheard something. Or they lied. Or it was a deliberate bait and switch by Nintendo to weed out leakers. We can't know and they don't seem to know either. In a sea of strikes this was, for them, a miss and is noted as such.

It's especially weird to me that people harp on the "well, they said Metroid was going to be at the VGAs" thing, given that we now know that Nintendo's plans for Metroid did change quite dramatically late last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.