• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want this.

3050625-8anwl6h.png

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
not only is Mega Man Soccer very real, but I've just now learned that it has the greatest theme song I've ever heard

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
What makes me so excited about this Direct is the fact there's a low of new stuff to be shown. March direct last year had almost no new games announcements as it was simply about delivering updates on upcoming spring games, September direct was about holiday games which we all had seen before. Now, the only first party game we have some details of is Yoshi so there's a huge amount of stuff left to be announced or detailed (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's a weird way of saying it, huh? Delaying unannounced games wouldn't "reduce" demand, only perhaps keep demand from increasing.

At some point Fire Emblem and Yoshi were planned for 2018 so it is quite likely that other games suffered a similar fate.
It sounds weird, but I think the point is they wanted better momentum for this year and unannounced games were delayed.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
we are talking Nintendo here..3 (i repeat well made) remaster for just 60 bucks? sure if you want a simple hd uprez...but i want better lighting, better geometry end better textures..
Metroid 4 is very far away and they could sell each Prime one per year till the 4th chapter.
A few problems with that:
Prime 2 & 3 have significantly less selling power than the first game & a Trilogy already came out 10 years ago setting a precedent for standards. There's no going back from a collection after that.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Hello everyone, please dont kill me but we are 100% not getting any hardware updates with this upcoming Direct, right?
Depends. If it's a new hardware that changes the whole thing about the Switch then I could see it being introduced in a Direct as it will need some explanation, if it's a simple upgrade then they'll probably shadow drop it on Youtube any random day. Still, I don't think they'll promote Animal Crossing with the current model.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
What makes me so excited about this Direct is the fact there's a low of new stuff to be shown. March direct last year had almost no new games announcements as it was simply about delivering updates on upcoming spring games, September direct was about holiday games which we all had seen before. Now, the only first party game we have some details of is Yoshi so there's a huge amount of stuff left to be announced or detailed (Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion).

True to some extent, although they never put all their eggs in one basket. We won't get all the new announcements in this direct. Maybe we just get one big one.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Nothing?

Have you been living under a rock?

There's like 15 AA to AAA games slated for Switch already for this year.

Thank you very much, put no I'm not living under a rock ;)

I now that Games like FE: 3 Houses , Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Luigis Mansion 3 are coming somethimes this Year and some AA / AAA 3rd Party Games (Wich, to be Honest, most of them are Ports) but Nintendo is really stingy with new Information about them. By Nothing i meant *we know not that much" and not that we get no Games..

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
A few problems with that:
Prime 2 & 3 have significantly less selling power than the first game & a Trilogy already came out 10 years ago setting a precedent for standards. There's no going back from a collection after that.

If it was three separate games I'd definitely only buy the first one so .. yeah

nesty_dara

Feb 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Thanks, makes sense. I know that there are couple different types of Nintendo Direct events and even though this is the 'main' one, its still pretty early to uncover any revisions etc.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
True to some extent, although they never put all their eggs in one basket. We won't get all the new announcements in this direct. Maybe we just get one big one.
Yeah, but any updates on Animal Crossing or Luigi's Mansion will feel like new stuff cause we know nothing about these games. It's quite different from some past Directs where all we had left to know about some games was the release date and special editions.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With exclusive Nintendo outfits for Geralt, Ciri, Yennifer and Triss!

Just like they did for Skyrim.
That barely ran on PS4, it being on the switch would be a fucking miracle of engineering.

What's that dinosaur game that runs like trash on the Switch? I mean it's possible even if it's garbage.
Considering it's been rumored, why would you be?

I only brought it up because of the retailer listing and it appears cart prices are coming down. It could've been a hurdle for them to bringing it to Switch.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think he's saying that we'll be even crazier than his we are now haha.

EDIT: Wait what did PolarPanda say exactly??? I must have missed that post!
Polar Panda has said quite a few things. She? said Erdrick should be coming soon. Star Fox GP is still a real thing. Animal Crossing looks to be releasing around September.

Status
Not open for further replies.