• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Camera

Pokémon Snap, I want to believe

calling it now.

there will be a Snap like game in the kit, but it wont use Pokemon since Nintendo does not seem to include Main IP in Labo minigames, so we are gonna get a repeat of "why isnt this a Pilotwing/Excitebike game inside labo" just this time with a franchise that is actualy relevant in this century.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, and Labo announcement wouldn't be Direct in any case, so most likely no any Direct this month.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Still think we could see a Smash Direct in late March for a full reveal of Joker + Stage, other 3.0 Updates, and the reveal of DLC Pack 2 ("Brave"). If not in (late) March, then in (early) April.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I really, really hope there is something to these Viewtiful Joe rumors and that Nintendo pushes it hard. That would also give Joe a shot in Smash, that's something I never thought I would ever consider happening.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Some more information about the Nintendo Labo VR Experience Kit:
- One of the cameras is a VR headset type camera with two JoyCon attached to the sides of the Switch body. They poke out the sides of the system and you peer through two large round viewfinders.
- Another camera is a "standard" camera. Looks a bit like a point-and-shoot camera.
- Not sure about these two as I couldn't get a good look, but there appears to also be a "big camera" and a "bird camera."
- They're all unashamedly Labo-styles. Kits' colours are orange, blue, black, and red.

These are the four types of cameras included with the VRX. All four are pictured on the box.

That's probably all the information I am willing to leak about this for now.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's likely this
Nintendo-Labo-bird-729x410.jpg.optimal.jpg

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Some more information about the Nintendo Labo VR Experience Kit:
- One of the cameras is a VR headset type camera with two JoyCon attached to the sides of the Switch body. They poke out the sides of the system and you peer through two large round viewfinders.
- Another camera is a "standard" camera. Looks a bit like a point-and-shoot camera.
- Not sure about these two as I couldn't get a good look, but there appears to also be a "big camera" and a "bird camera."

These are the four types of cameras included with the VRX. All four are pictured on the box.

That's probably all the information I am willing to leak about this for now.

Seems like a weird ass kit, mate... The more I read about that, and the less convinced I am. Really unfortunate, I love Labo. If this bombs, I hope it won't be the end of Labo all together.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Complete summary of the Labo VR leak below:

Yesterday –

This is a summary of what I can provide today:
- Nintendo Labo VR Kit is real
- "Headset" made of cardboard also
- It has gone gold
- It is currently being manufactured and assembled
- You can probably expect an announcement and release within the coming weeks

Today –

- The new Nintendo Labo kit is called "Toy-Con 04: VR 体験". Literally, "Toy-Con 04: VR Experience".
- Contrary to other reports, not compatible with other software (unless it's tucked away on the packaging).
- 4 camera kits included in the box.
- As you would expect it's completely cardboard.
- Set colours are orange, red, black, and blue.

ToyCon 1: VR camera
- A VR headset* type camera with two JoyCon attached to the sides of the Switch body.
- Rather than wear it like a conventional VR headset, it appears that you hold the camera in front of your face a la Virtual Boy.
- JoyCon poke out the sides of the system
- You peer through two large round viewfinders.

ToyCon 2: Standard camera

ToyCon 3: Big camera

ToyCon 4: Bird camera
- Somebody posted an image of this, so looks like Nintendo has shown it before. Its design has changed slightly. More colourful too.

----------

Sorry that I can't provide specifics on the software itself. If somebody would like to compile this into a better place than this thread, feel free.

I was verified earlier in the thread, though the exact information itself cannot be confirmed.

That's it for now. Don't want the ninjas to catch on.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Yesterday –

Today –

- The new Nintendo Labo kit is called "Toy-Con 04: VR 体験". Literally, "Toy-Con 04: VR Experience".
- Contrary to other reports, not compatible with other software (unless it's tucked away on the packaging).

- A VR headset* type camera with two JoyCon attached to the sides of the Switch body.
- Rather than wear it like a conventional VR headset, it appears that you hold the camera in front of your face a la Virtual Boy.

- Somebody posted an image of this, so looks like Nintendo has shown it before. Its design has changed slightly. More colourful too.

----------

Sorry that I can't provide specifics on the software itself. If somebody would like to compile this into a better place than this thread, feel free.

I was verified earlier in the thread, though the exact information itself cannot be confirmed.

Thanks, I'll be adding all of this in the Rumor Archive pretty soon ;)

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo

Yesterday –

Today –

----------

Good stuff, some people owe you an apology...

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 4 camera Labo Kit. Eh definitely not what I was expecting in terms of what came with the kit.

Nintendo doesn't see any reason to tie their IP's to this. Only use it as an add on in some other games.

Last edited:

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017

Yesterday –

Today –

----------

That's awesome, thank you!

As for ToyCon1, I'm guessing you're simply holding the Switch as in handheld mode right in front of your face while the cardboard are two big viewfinders attached to the Switch body. Just using the main Switch unit as a VR headset while having the joy-cons on your hands would have been cooler but I guess the Switch is too heavy for that so no headseat, you simply hold it with your hands and you're able to rest all time.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Well my dream of this being something like a take on the Everybody's Golf VR game seems like it won't come to fruition. Or like some sort of Virtua Boy sports take. Not sure how interested in a camera I'd be.

Edit: awesome leak though! Really appreciate you sharing it.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

Yesterday –

Today –

----------

maxresdefault.jpg

This camera was also shown in the reveal trailer along with the bird.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming that leak's legit it sounds like the VR would be more of a novelty than Nintendo's actual answer to VR, if you have to stand there using your hands to prop it up you can't exactly be handling controllers at the same time (unless they legitimately just release a Virtual Boy stand for it which would be a Choice)

I kinda prefer it that way, it makes it seem more like a cute optional viewfinder than something that'll be required to enjoy any big games. If Nintendo properly enters VR, I want it to be with actual interesting hardware and not cardboard

Oct 31, 2017
This could well be Nintendo dipping their feet into VR if this actually sells I think then with the new people at the helm this could produce amazing results going forward.
You know that this is going to be the one to include Nintendo IPs and have some add on functionality going forward.

I remember Emily saying next Labo will be something totally different and will latch on to some Nintendo IPS instead of just being a stand alone product.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Assuming that leak's legit it sounds like the VR would be more of a novelty than Nintendo's actual answer to VR, if you have to stand there using your hands to prop it up you can't exactly be handling controllers at the same time (unless they legitimately just release a Virtual Boy stand for it which would be a Choice)

I kinda prefer it that way, it makes it seem more like a cute optional viewfinder than something that'll be required to enjoy any big games. If Nintendo properly enters VR, I want it to be with actual interesting hardware and not cardboard
Yep. The Switch just isn't powerful enough for VR that competes with PSVR, Oculus, and HTC. It can't even compete with smartphone VR with that 720p screen. Some novelty minigames through Labo is the best approach for them until the next generation of Nintendo consoles.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
I would love for smaller VR games, maybe focus on 2D VR games (ala Virtual Boy) or something that the Switch could potentially handle

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
With Tetris 99 really surprising people, maybe in March direct we get Killer Queen Black as similar multiplayer Switch Online freebie.

Would be beyond awesome. In reality though I just wish they would actually get a date for the game.

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
Is there a chance of a Nindies Showcase this month ?
We have multiple US indie games waiting for a realase date, including Slay the Spire and Katana ZERO.

Mega Crit on Twitter said last month about Slay the Spire on Switch :
"Waiting on our console publisher to allow us to say official dates. "
Then on Feb 28th : "Our publisher has informed us that console date announcements need to be pushed to March. "

Askiisoft about Katana ZERO on Feb 27th : "some exciting news coming mid March, including console plans and an exact launch date reveal"

I've heard about one or two other US indie games in a similar case.
This hints at a Nindies Showcase in the middle of next week (13th or 14th).

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think VJ 3 would be Switch exclusive. It seems like something that'd be multiplat unless Nintendo put money to it.

Is there a chance of a Nindies Showcase this month ?
We have multiple US indie games waiting for a realase date, including Slay the Spire and Katana ZERO.

Mega Crit on Twitter said last month about Slay the Spire on Switch :
"Waiting on our console publisher to allow us to say official dates. "
Then on Feb 28th : "Our publisher has informed us that console date announcements need to be pushed to March. "

Askiisoft about Katana ZERO on Feb 27th : "some exciting news coming mid March, including console plans and an exact launch date reveal"

I've heard about one or two other US indie games in a similar case.
This hints at a Nindies Showcase in the middle of next week (13th or 14th).
Please I want another Nindies Presentation. I want to see Kentucky Route Zero. IF you start finding info of different indie devs hinting at news coming around the same time period then that helps to point to a Nindies Presentation coming. It sounds like we could get a Nindies Showcase next week.

We haven't had one this year (from Nintendo of America). Also, I want to see what Shinen is working on. They've been working on a new game for 2 years now. I could see them having a game done to release this year.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
If VF3 is Switch exclusive that would be kind of a dick move given the previous two were on Ps2. Though the original was supposed to be exclusive to the GameCube, so it would be a reverse dick move.
Whatever, I hope VF3 is a real thing, the first 2 were incredible and Hulk Davidson had one of the best boss battle intro I can recall. Davidson is in the house! Hulk Davidson is born to be wild!

Last edited:

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there's anything to the Viewtiful Joe rumours, I'd hope they'd be putting the first two on the Switch, Bayonetta-style.

I'd buy those games!

Status
Not open for further replies.