• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect a sequel. I'm not a fan of them just moving on. I loved that game and want to see them bring in more Mario characters and explore more worlds. They can add quality of life changes to the battle system. Giving us full camera movement in the game would be great.

More Mario characters? You can't sell a game just for Daisy. The game needs more than that to be noticed. I think it was one time only crossover thing, something that won't work a second time. Rabbids are not universally loved characters, the charm the first one had won't be there in the sequel.

Being a new IP doesn't mean they have to ditch the formula. Maybe same gameplay with brand new universe and characters and world? That could work. If anything that would save us from Mario flood that past systems suffered from (3DS).

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget Emily said a Mystery Game #4, 2013 Wii U port and another eShop game have a high chance of coming this year.
I think it's safe to say Emily's 2013 port is Pikmin 3. The question is where do they slot it? May is still slightly open, and if they have a mini direct in April it would be a great time to show it off.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone keeping track of Emily's list? ie. what has/hasnt been announced etc.

I think there are only three of them:

• An unannounced game: People thought this was Starfox GP but now we're sure that it isn't. My guess is this is the same game with Imran's "Revived game". Not Scalebound.
  • A 2013 Wii U port. This is definitely Pikmin 3.
  • An eShop game. Not Boxboy, this is something else. A new IP perhaps.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Indeed. Five is the floor (minimum) -- not the ceiling. The ceiling could be as high as 11 or 12.

It's difficult to give an exact number because any game can be pushed back to 2020 for marketing/scheduling reasons.

Let me try to explain this better.

The "Most likely" Nintendo-published game announcements for 2019. (70% chance or higher)

1. Mystery game #1 (Super Mario Maker 2)
2. Mystery game #2 (Link's Awakening)
3. Mystery game #3 (Astral Chain)
4. Mystery game #4
5. eShop game #1 (Boxboy + Boxgirl)
6. Mystery Wii U port #1 (2013 title)
7. eShop game #2 (Tetris 99)
8. eShop game #3
9. New Labo Kit (Labo VR)

The "Maybe" games for 2019. (The wild card titles - 50% chance or less)

10. Retro Studios secret game (this is assuming it wasn't canned)
11. Metroid Prime Trilogy (assuming Zell's info and Imran's info are correct)
12. Mystery Wii U port #2

Final Update: February 8th, 2019

I am adding eShop game #3 to the list. This is shaping up to be a big year for eShop digital releases.

So we have one mystery game and one Wii U port left, and possibly Retro Studios, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and another Wii U port left. Mystery game #4 could be Imran's dead and buried game, but he said it won't be out for a while, so I don't believe that is the case. The second half of the year already seems packed to me. I have no idea what Nintendo could announce that would be bigger than an eShop title but wouldn't run over some other release later this year. The Wii U port is almost definitely Pikmin 3. The other Wii U port and eShop game could be anything, though Nintendo has done a good job of removing possible Wii U ports from the list, to say the least.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So we have one mystery game and one Wii U port left, and possibly Retro Studios, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and another Wii U port left. Mystery game #4 could be Imran's dead and buried game (which would rule out Scalebound). The Wii U port is almost definitely Pikmin 3. The other Wii U port and eShop game could be anything, though Nintendo has done a good job of removing possible Wii U ports from the list, to say the least.

I think this "cancelled game" is something close to being finished (Megaman Legends 3 never left the concept stage). I also think there should be more from Nintendo x Disney collaboration. They have revived one series (MUA), and there are couple of Disney game series waiting to be awaken.

Star Wars 1313 was halfway done when it was cancelled. It was made by Namco Singapore, the very same studio that was making Metroid P4 before it was handed to Retro. Only hurdle is EA's approval is needed. I don't think that's something hard to get for Nintendo, as EA isn't actively developing for Switch.

The other game is Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned. It was very close to being finished, even got full trailers. But Disney quit gaming business and killed every project they had. Perfect for Nintendo, cost less and exactly what Switch needs: open world action game.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think this "cancelled game" is something close to being finished (Megaman Legends 3 never left the concept stage). I also think there should be more from Nintendo x Disney collaboration. They have revived one series (MUA), and there are couple of Disney game series waiting to be awaken.

Star Wars 1313 was halfway done when it was cancelled. It was made by Namco Singapore, the very same studio that was making Metroid P4 before it was handed to Retro. Only hurdle is EA's approval is needed. I don't think that's something hard to get for Nintendo, as EA isn't actively developing for Switch.

The other game is Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned. It was very close to being finished, even got full trailers. But Disney quit gaming business and killed every project they had. Perfect for Nintendo, cost less and exactly what Switch needs: open world action game.
Don't forget Disney Tsum Tsum Festival, which is Switch exclusive for some reason. The Disney audience and Nintendo audience mesh pretty nicely. Nintendo would be a good partner for Disney to license games to.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think either luigis mansion or animal crossing will be pushed to 2020. Kind of like how yoshi was originally announced for 2018

Oct 26, 2017
Mystery game 4 should be something with a multiplayer focus, sports or party type game. Last E3 their only Switch announcement for the year was Mario Party iirc.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm watching Easy Allies Friend Code podcast and they mentioned the interview with Sakurai and him needing an IV while working (which is insane). Are people afraid to say something to him? Come on that's not healthy at all. I know he's the director, he's a freelancer and he does what he wants, but someone has to say something or he'll end up dying at an early age.

Anyways, I brought it up because they mentioned he said he'd stop at 10 pm. He also mentioned it can give him time to "work on other games". I never saw this mentioned. He could possibly have some other game in the works for Switch this whole time? Or just another game for any system in general?

Like on one side that's great, but the other side, I'm thinking he talked about doing IV's and hear he's mentioning still working on other games.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Hi all, long time lurker first time poster!

I'm really interested in the 3rd party support we get on Switch this year, the rumours from insiders has me hoping we will get some big titles (Switch is the only console I play on now so the more the better!)

Thinking of what could come, games was expecting to hit Switch were the likes of

Batman Arkham games
Tomb Raider reboot trilogy (Was this not rumoured by King Zell or someone?)
Dishonoured series
Nier Automata
The other Wolfenstein games

I know some of these will be current gen games so not sure how much they can be tinkered with to run on Switch but these are the sort of games I would have expected reach Switch in the next year or so.

I also hope we see some older, 360 generation stuff, stuff that is really unexpected, games like Enslaved: Odyssey to the West or Shadows of the Damned type stuff would be great! Maybe Capcom would eventually get the RE engine running on Switch so we see some kind of ports of Remake 2 and DMC5 but I guess this is highly unlikely at this point.

I will be grabbing Saints Row 3 (Never played it) and Darksiders (played twice but love it) to show support so we hopefully get the sequels ported to Switch.

-Batman: Arkham Collection is released for XB1/PS4, so port of that is possible.
-First two Tomb Raider games are on 360, so port of them is definitely possible, even King Zell hinted Tomb Raider before.
-Nier Automata is also possible.
-Talking about Dishonoured and previous Wolfenstein games, Bethesda dont like to port old games, so chances for ports of older Bethesda games for Switch are very slim even if I would kill for Fallout 3 port.
-RE Remake 2 could run without problem on Switch (its 1080p/60fps games on base XB1), only question is if Capcom is porting or maybe already ported RE Engine to Switch. IMO we will see Remake 2 on Switch in some point.

RIP the dream. That seems like a definitive no. Maybe things changed in two years, but I doubt it.

Plenty things can change in 2 years, especially when you going from big question mark that was released after biggest Nintendo fail, to very successful platform.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
-Batman: Arkham Collection is released for XB1/PS4, so port of that is possible.
-First two Tomb Raider games are on 360, so port of them is definitely possible, even King Zell hinted Tomb Raider before.
-Nier Automata is also possible.
-Talking about Dishonoured and previous Wolfenstein games, Bethesda dont like to port old games, so chances for ports of older Bethesda games for Switch are very slim even if I would kill for Fallout 3 port.
-RE Remake 2 could run without problem on Switch (its 1080p/60fps games on base XB1), only question is if Capcom is porting or maybe already ported RE Engine to Switch. IMO we will see Remake 2 on Switch in some point.

Plenty things can change in 2 years, especially when you going from big question mark that was released after biggest Nintendo fail, to very successful platform.

Hopefully all will head to Switch at some point.

Was it early last year, in an interview with Panic Button, they mentioned they had a lot of requests from companies asking them to port games to Switch? They mentioned having to turn quite a few away, I wonder if those projects were then handled in-house or just scrapped completely? Guess we will never know but I would be interested to know what companies contacted them.

Speaking of Panic Button, They have Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Guessing) and I guess on-going support for Warframe. I wonder if that's all the porting projects they can handle or if they have more we don't know about?

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
I'm watching Easy Allies Friend Code podcast and they mentioned the interview with Sakurai and him needing an IV while working (which is insane). Are people afraid to say something to him? Come on that's not healthy at all.
if someone wants to work with an IV, this basically means the person is crazy already and most likely saying something would only result in your dismissal. So no, I don't think anyone would say anything to him.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Easy Allies Friend Code podcast and they mentioned the interview with Sakurai and him needing an IV while working (which is insane). Are people afraid to say something to him? Come on that's not healthy at all. I know he's the director, he's a freelancer and he does what he wants, but someone has to say something or he'll end up dying at an early age.

Anyways, I brought it up because they mentioned he said he'd stop at 10 pm. He also mentioned it can give him time to "work on other games". I never saw this mentioned. He could possibly have some other game in the works for Switch this whole time? Or just another game for any system in general?

Like on one side that's great, but the other side, I'm thinking he talked about doing IV's and hear he's mentioning still working on other games.

To be fair, that's not what the interview says

Uh, so… Do you take some time off when that happens?

Sakurai: No, I don't. I just get an IV drip and go to work like normal.

It sounds more like he went to the hospital, he was given an IV, then went back to work. Which is still bad, but not as bad as "set up an IV at work" bad.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Hopefully all will head to Switch at some point.

Was it early last year, in an interview with Panic Button, they mentioned they had a lot of requests from companies asking them to port games to Switch? They mentioned having to turn quite a few away, I wonder if those projects were then handled in-house or just scrapped completely? Guess we will never know but I would be interested to know what companies contacted them.

Speaking of Panic Button, They have Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Guessing) and I guess on-going support for Warframe. I wonder if that's all the porting projects they can handle or if they have more we don't know about?

Dont forget Virtuos, they also said they have more Switch projects,
for now they ported LA Noire, Dark Souls, Starlink and FF X and FF XI probably.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
This was my tweet - I don't know how anyone can interpret this as "Gee, I sure do agree with this!"

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Why do people keep saying this? September-December are completely open to slot AC, Luigi, Zelda and Pokémon.
Because both Fire Emblem and Yoshi got delayed to 2019 after being no shows for the first half of 2018. That's litterally why some people keep saying that Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing will be delayed lol.
2018 had delayed games, so 2019 has to have some too ! Given that AC and LM3 were not shown last direct then they think its those two lol.

It's beyond me how some can entertain the idea that Animal Crossing, one of Nintendo's biggest release of 2019 (and of the entire Switch lifetime), is going to be delayed ... Just because Nintendo hasn't shown the game in the first two months of 2019.

Oct 25, 2017
That tweet says you can play 2 player online WITHOUT the service!!!

BymHmhA.gif

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Things should start heating up for Nintendo news this Saturday with Sonic at SXSW. Maybe there's no new game, but they probably have to address the movie, at least.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
This was my tweet - I don't know how anyone can interpret this as "Gee, I sure do agree with this!"

Maybe they interpreted it as "This is way to specific to not be true"
Some "leaks" are so non-specific that they have a much higher chance of holding some truth just by accident.
But yeah, this just reads like a wishlist.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
What is the likelihood of another direct before E3?

For any sort of Direct? Very high. We've got Smash updates coming in April and SMM2 coming in June possibly before E3. I think we'll have a mini Direct or a SMM2 Direct that has a few other announcements too.

I'm not sure if we'll get a full on general Direct though.

Status
Not open for further replies.