• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo gives shit quite often. Especially for companies they're close with. Just this year they're publishing two DQ games from Square on Switch. They could be doing more for others but we. Don't. Know. Third party games beyond this June are still shrouded in mystery. There's only two big known third party slated for latter half of the year and they're both published by Nintendo. Who can say there's no RE2 remake port also published or funded by Nintendo?

Plus don't forget Imran's rumored "Revived game". It very much could be Megaman Legends 3. A Capcom game funded and completed by Nintendo.
so like I said, Nintendo doesn't give a shit about capcom anymore. until Capcom ponys up some games, I don't think that's gonna change. maybe that rumored game is Mega Man Legends 3. maybe it's not, there's not enough evidence to really say what it is yet

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I can see Capcom announcing MH Next at the Game Awards for an early 2020 release like Far Cry: New Dawn. Capcom won't want to market a brand-new Monster Hunter game and a major expansion at the same time. Marketing conflict is the reason they cited for not localizing MHGU sooner.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how people didn't expect Monster Hunter to come to Switch. Seemed so obvious

Look at Capcom's Switch support so far. Nothing about what they've done or said (up until this most recent hint) should lead anyone to believe they'd be working on a big AAA Switch exclusive MH.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I can see the N, E, X and T being a tease
But the S and the W seem like a stretch.
Where exactly is this from?
Twitter account of the director for the MH Portable series and MHGen. The fact that they're teasing it now seems to indicate that it will be announced at the 15th anniversary event, but I'm still surprised that Capcom would market both a new Switch MonHun and Iceborne at the same time.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
so...

a switch Q4/Q1 game was hinted in march.
And it was maybe MH.

and a DMC collection is coming to switch

I miss anything?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, the King dropped DMC collection like it was nothing lmao
wouldn't it have made more sense from capcom to release it before DMC5?
Lots of Switch owners own PS4s and Xbox's, so they might've bought it in anticipation before getting DMC5 on their other system.

I wonder if going back after DMC5 will be as appealing. I have a PS4 and it's certainly less appealing to me.
weird choice to me imo.

but cool that it's coming if the zell leak is correct.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Weird how people didn't expect Monster Hunter to come to Switch. Seemed so obvious

It still isn't. Right now Capcom has still given incredibly lacklustre support to the switch and have given no indications that is going to change. They also seem heavily invested in MHW.

Whilst I think MH on the switch would be wildly successful and is a total no brainer I won't believe it until it's actually announced.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Who knows if Capcom even have RE Engine running natively on Switch yet. Both Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry V are incredibly gorgeous and certainly a step above the Switch's output, but RE2 is decently scalable. It could be that they haven't yet invested resources into adapting the engine to the Switch's limitations, or they might just be having a hard time doing so. In theory, DMC Collection would be muuuch easier to port.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DMC HD trilogy/collection for Switch? Nice.

When MonHun hits I will fear for Japan. Look at what a Pokemon gen 8 announcement did.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
From what I've heard, MH Stories was actually really good. Too bad it probably didn't sell well enough to justify a sequel.

It is a good game, but in the end, I think it was a tragic mismatch. MH does very well as it is, which just made it all the odder that Capcom wanted to specifically make an off-shoot that aimed at the Pokemon/Yokai Watch crowd.

It would have been interesting to see what may have happened if it was a good monster-raising RPG that could've been just as colorful, but didn't star a kid and their very weird-looking Felyne sidekick. Anecdotal, of course, but I knew several who wrote the game off immediately because they didn't want to play as a kid and didn't like the Felyne design (not knowing, of course, that Navirou was just "weird" and standard Felynes were still in the game).

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Well, we don't know about RE Engine but Monster Hunter: World is MT Framework, and the game is not extremely big in size (~18GB on Xbox).

Considering the Monster Hunter history I could easily see this being Monster Hunter: Portable World, Monster Hunter: World Generations, or some other kind of adaptation of that game.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
pGoZKSh.png

That is all

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Is it wrong that I'd prefer a Sonic Colors or Sonic Generations remaster at this point? I don't trust SEGA to put out a good 3D Sonic game.

Edit: Sonic Unleashed would be fine as well

I'd be fine with this but I'm sure if that was a thing, that would be in addition to whatever Sonic Team is making right now.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It still isn't. Right now Capcom has still given incredibly lacklustre support to the switch and have given no indications that is going to change. They also seem heavily invested in MHW.

Whilst I think MH on the switch would be wildly successful and is a total no brainer I won't believe it until it's actually announced.

Yes, support from Capcom is very bad. But they do like money, so they might want put another 3DS based Monster Hunter game on the Switch. I believe thats very possible since its very easy and costless to do...

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, support from Capcom is very bad. But they do like money, so they might want put another 3DS based Monster Hunter game on the Switch. I believe thats very possible since its very easy and costless to do...
Monster Hunter HD Remaster for the Nintendo Switch! Celebrate the 15th anniversary, by reliving the original!

Status
Not open for further replies.