• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
OUZ1Ej2.jpg

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Look at Capcom's Switch support so far. Nothing about what they've done or said (up until this most recent hint) should lead anyone to believe they'd be working on a big AAA Switch exclusive MH.

I'll believe it when I see it.
My bet is that if it does come, it will be Switch/mobile (which is fine with me as long as the Switch side is up to par). Or maybe the ultimate troll, mobile only....

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Speaking of Monster Hunter, I find it weird that they are waiting almost two full years after the launch of MHW to release the expansion. Surely at this point they should just be focused on their next full project?

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Labo VR is a very minor game that I doubt Nintendo cares about.

Animal Crossing would probably get a ton of other EPD support to get out this year if it's starting to look like it'll miss 2019.

Or they'll just release it in December and add the missing content they planned later if worst comes to worst.

Dont forget, Smash Bros Ultimate was announced in March and was shown at E3 and released in December.
So plenty of time for showing and releasing AC this year.

They said they were working on it back in 2017, but their silence since then makes me think that they couldn't get it to work.

We also had infos that Capcom specifically requested from Nintendo that Switch has 4GB of RAM so they could port RE Engine to Switch,
I mean there is no sense you make request like that if you can't port engine from some other reason.
Also, nothing suggests that RE Engine is demanding and that cant be ported to Switch, I mean RE7 and RE2 Remake are both 1080p/60fps even on base XB1,
I would guess that we could have those games running around 720p/60FPS or 900p/30FPS on Switch.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Talking about King Zell hint, about hinted but not revealed game for this month, that now will be reveled at later date,
we probably talking about Monster Hunter, Persona 5 or Sonic.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Talking about King Zell hint, about hinted but not revealed game for this month, that now will be reveled at later date,
we probably talking about Monster Hunter, Persona 5 or Sonic.
King Zell specifically said the game he expected to be revealed turned out only to be hinted at. That only applies to MH, since P5 and Sonic have not been hinted at.

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
They are kinda right. Biggest problem with third parties that they don't understand what's going on with Switch.

They fail to identify the userbase. Switch sells like crazy, even faster than Wii. But casual audience and children are no longer there, then who is buying all those Switches? Nintendo's breakdown on the userbase revealed that 80% of them are male aged 19-26. To third parties that was, like, impossible. That audience only cares for core games more than colorful games of Nintendo. Maybe... Switch owners DO care for core games? Only one way to find out: testing the waters with "test" games. That's exactly what all of them are doing: trying to find out who we are and what do we like. Square seems to think we are bunch of nostalgia nuts and brought Octopath. Namco "tested" the waters with Xenoverse 2 if we care about anime fighters or not (turns out we did so they awarded us with DBFZ). Capcom has yet to do one of those "tests" all of their Switch support were "retro" kind of games. Dragon's Dogma is s first for them, a last gen "serious" game port. Sales of Dragon's Dogma really will tell a lot about us.

Great comment and I hope you are right. Btw, the male & young adult thing was the situation at the very beginning of the Switch life cycle, when Nintendo did an online survey. AFAIK the Switch userbase is half female by now, not sure about age.

It would be very interesting to know the Switch userbase (the part that is not families). I would assume that it is quite different from people with gaming rigs, but as you mention not in the way that they are just casual gamers (casual gamers just play mobile games these days). I happen to know about a university department where 6 young professors own a Switch by now and most of them no console besides that. They started doing regular multiplayer meetings sometime last year. Reddit had a few comments by e.g. business travelers getting a Switch, or anybody who is heavily commuting or traveling for work. I think one reason games can still priced so high is that the Switch is targeting young working people who can't or don't want to be at home a lot (commuting, long-distance relationships, more leisure traveling than in the 90s and 00s), not pupils on pocket money. This would be a very interesting change in the market, especially for developers of more adult-targeted games. It does explain the extraordinary sales in Japan for me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, who is this and why should anyone believe them? Or are you just finding random Tweets to post here again?

I honestly don't have much faith in Konami about this rumored Castlevania collection. It wouldn't surprise me if it was super barebones and lacked both Rondo and SotN.
"Random tweets to post"? Must have me confused with someone else. I'll let you figure it out since you have an attitude with me.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
"Random tweets to post"? Must have me confused with someone else. I'll let you figure it out since you have an attitude with me.

Checked my post history to make sure, but I'm right; you're definitely the same person who was posting Tweets from that "Mug" account (the one who supposedly predicted the Nintendo Direct), acting as if they were legit.

In any case, I don't need to figure it out, because I already know the answer; they're nobody, and they don't know anything. It would be great for people to stick to more credible sources.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Checked my post history to make sure, but I'm right; you're definitely the same person who was posting Tweets from that "Mug" account (the one who supposedly predicted the Nintendo Direct), acting as if they were legit.

In any case, I don't need to figure it out, because I already know the answer; they're nobody, and they don't know anything. It would be great for people to stick to more credible sources.
...They literally leaked an entire trailer.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
They are kinda right. Biggest problem with third parties that they don't understand what's going on with Switch.

They fail to identify the userbase. Switch sells like crazy, even faster than Wii. But casual audience and children are no longer there, then who is buying all those Switches? Nintendo's breakdown on the userbase revealed that 80% of them are male aged 19-26. To third parties that was, like, impossible. That audience only cares for core games more than colorful games of Nintendo. Maybe... Switch owners DO care for core games? Only one way to find out: testing the waters with "test" games. That's exactly what all of them are doing: trying to find out who we are and what do we like. Square seems to think we are bunch of nostalgia nuts and brought Octopath. Namco "tested" the waters with Xenoverse 2 if we care about anime fighters or not (turns out we did so they awarded us with DBFZ). Capcom has yet to do one of those "tests" all of their Switch support were "retro" kind of games. Dragon's Dogma is s first for them, a last gen "serious" game port. Sales of Dragon's Dogma really will tell a lot about us.
Totally agreed with this. People sometimes forget Switch launched with one of, if not THE biggest open world game of all time. It's synonymous with the Switch and tbh it's pretty tone deaf if companies don't think we want these types of games on this system.

Oct 31, 2017
I read the thread about the castlevania collection which is really great if it is true, but the other thing I read was a 50th anniversary arcade collection also listed. This definitely got me excited as I feel we need more arcade collections on switch. Would love Capcom and Taito.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really looking forward to Labo VR, I am sure that Nintendo will have some major IPs added to this and some unique fun games which make total use of this new tech.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I don't disagree with your overall point though a few corrections- first, the demographics have absolutely changed since launch. It still doesn't seem to skew "casual" at all as evidenced by game sales but it's a lot more varied than it was. Second, Capcom also supported it with Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 which were also serious last gen games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the next 3D Zelda is teased at this years E3.

58c7fda16ff80122008b48ba-750-562.jpg

I really want Nintendo to do some crazy stuff like this. Botw is super successful and that open world works. I love they had thoughts of aliens. Let me get abducted by an alien spaceship and taken to some huge alien planet.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I really want Nintendo to do some crazy stuff like this. Botw is super successful and that open world works. I love they had thoughts of aliens. Let me get abducted by an alien spaceship and taken to some huge alien planet.
YES.

Being that this was already concepted, I'd be super down to see them do a "Majora's Mask 2" sort of thing. Take Breath of the Wild, the assets, the mechanics, all of it, and just go to town into weird territory.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES.

Being that this was already concepted, I'd be super down to see them do a "Majora's Mask 2" sort of thing. Take Breath of the Wild, the assets, the mechanics, all of it, and just go to town into weird territory.
Yeah let's get weird. I don't want Hyrule all over again. Nintendo broke themselves off of that timeline is good too. Maybe we get more sci-fi with playable Zelda too.

Last edited:

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York

Or...the camera pans to a distant hill, where an ochre downward gleam manifests to a landing ship. The ship hatch opens, and an armored being of gold, ruby, and jade emerges vertically.

The screen fizzles a little, the hue of the sky alters, and the words Metroid Prime 4 appear on the screen.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Did they? For what? If they're a credible insider, I'm surprised they haven't been talked about more.

The new Power Rangers game. Do some actual research before you make a shitty, mean-spirited post as you did above.

Also, Dark Cloud is free to post whatever he wants. You are not the "post police".

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think its more the case of Capcom not bothering to do the work than REengine not running properly?

I think it's more that the RE Engine games released since Switch's launch couldn't run at all on the system no matter if the engine is godlike on it or not.

Who are we to expect to localize this? Nintendo certainly won't be in a rush. Maybe L5America can commission a localization?

I think it'll be Nintendo again.

Status
Not open for further replies.