• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The new Power Rangers game. Do some actual research before you make a shitty, mean-spirited post as you did above.

Also, Dark Cloud is free to post whatever he wants. You are not the "post police".

Nice to have someone answer me directly, even if it's a bit late. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not the post police, but I don't see anything wrong with pointing out how the same person who's posted all sorts of random stuff from Twitter is doing it yet again. Sorry if you think that's shitty and mean-spirited. Of course they're free to post what they want; I'm also free to comment on what they're doing.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I forget, did anyone say if 4 will be included in the DMC collection? Or is it going to just be the HD collection with 1-3?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
4SE and HD collection would be separated yeah.
I guess rumors put them in the same bag because it's easier though. But it'd be like RE0/1 together and RE4 separate.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
You think its more the case of Capcom not bothering to do the work than REengine not running properly?
tenor.gif

If Capcom was serious about this, they could easily get Iron Galaxy or Panic Button to do they heavy lifting for them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So teases began pouring in. Gearbox teased BL2 (possibly for Switch, maybe BL3 too?) And Behemoth teased Castle Crashers. This is going to be a super exciting PAX weekend, I expect even more surprises.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
So teases began pouring in. Gearbox teased BL2 (possibly for Switch, maybe BL3 too?) And Behemoth teased Castle Crashers. This is going to be a super exciting PAX weekend, I expect even more surprises.

And Rebellion directly announced Sniper Elite V2 Remastered along Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition:

Rebellion said:
We're delighted to reveal that we are currently working on four Sniper Elite projects.

✅ Sequel to Sniper Elite 4 confirmed

✅ Sniper Elite V2 Remastered

✅ Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition on Switch

✅ Sniper Elite game for VR devices

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Just show me HD collection so i may laugh after months of being laughed at <3

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Loved it too, but have to say that this is one that I won't be double dipping on. Now if it had been a sequel... That... That would have been megaton on my mind.

They seem quite a small studio and I think they are still working on Pit People? Maybe if this Switch port sells well then we will get a sequel (fingers crossed)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I am not familiar with the Borderlands series so can someone explain to me why people assume Gearbox's latest tease is a Borderlands 2 port for the Switch?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Not trying to go too off topic but seeing this is so cool and makes me want more Bayonetta and Dante .

cbicdco.jpg

Last edited:

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
I am not familiar with the Borderlands series so can someone explain to me why people assume Gearbox's latest tease is a Borderlands 2 port for the Switch?
Based on the thread the tease is from, it's the fact that they're using a promotional photo (the pixelated one) from BL2 (2012) and that you can already play BL2 on all current consoles and PC. So this can either be a switch release or a VR release.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry do you have a link for the BL2 tease?

We have a thread on this. Game is literally everywhere, including Vita and VR. It's coming to either Switch or... mobile? Definitely Switch.

Based on the thread the tease is from, it's the fact that they're using a promotional photo (the pixelated one) from BL2 (2012) and that you can already play BL2 on all current consoles and PC. So this can either be a switch release or a VR release.

It's already available for PSVR. I have it and it's awesome. Only platforms left for BL2 is Switch, 3DS and Mobile. Idea of BL2 on last two is laughable.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
This is the second time I've seen you post something like this. What makes you an expert on what people want or don't want exactly?

To be fair, for a character action game like DMC, a higher framerate is ideal. I know I wouldn't want to be playing Bayonetta at 30FPS. Maybe some people would be okay with something like that, but it's definitely far from ideal.

I'd be curious to see what would have to be done to get DMCV running on Switch at 60FPS... if it's even possible.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
To be fair, for a character action game like DMC, a higher framerate is ideal. I know I wouldn't want to be playing Bayonetta at 30FPS. Maybe some people would be okay with something like that, but it's definitely far from ideal.

I'd be curious to see what would have to be done to get DMC5 running on Switch at 60FPS... if it's even possible.
Exactly, it's similar to how you wouldn't want to play a fighting game at anything below 60fps. As far as I'm concerned, if Capcom can't get DMC5 running at a mostly-stable 60fps on the Switch, then porting the game is not worth the effort.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, it's similar to how you wouldn't want to play a fighting game at anything below 60fps. As far as I'm concerned, if Capcom can't get DMC5 running at a mostly-stable 60fps on the Switch, then porting the game is not worth the effort.
Crazier things have happened in the past. I'm gonna replay DMCV at 30 fps now. Hopefully I won't spontaneously combust, thanks for the concern.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking we could see a dedicated Smash Direct about the 3.0 Update, at the earliest, in a week or two. But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until early April.

What say you, Nintendo-Era?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I'm thinking we could see a dedicated Smash Direct about the 3.0 Update, at the earliest, in a week or two. But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come until early April.

I agree. I think Nintendo is going to dedicate a small Smash Direct to Joker gameplay, new modes for 3.0, and a character reveal pretty soon and do a general Direct in May ahead of E3.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018

I feel like it depends on when 3.0 comes out. I'm confident we'll get info on 3.0 before it releases, but if 3.0 isn't coming out until, like, the very last week of April for instance I don't see 3.0 being detailed anytime soon.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Just to be clear, one of the games that i was talking about being revealed in March got hinted and not fully revealed.

I think its a winter 2019/ Q1 2020 game so it should be fully revealed on a later date.

So you think this one won't be revealed in March now?

Any kind of ball park on how many games might be revealed by the end of this month? Anything big?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Honestly feel the DMC HD collection trailer will be dropped anytime now on YouTube randomly like dragons dogma and not in a direct.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly feel the DMC HD collection trailer will be dropped anytime now on YouTube randomly like dragons dogma and not in a direct.

I think it's part of their second half of 2019 Switch lineup. My guess for the whole thing: DMC Collection, DMC4, RE5, MH Next (though this might be Japan only first, localization later, maybe in 2020), Onimusha 2.

I think they'll bring all the "remasters" they have brought to PS4/Xbox One. So I expect both Dead Risings and USF4 in the future too. Maybe in 2020.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
So you think this one won't be revealed in March now?

Any kind of ball park on how many games might be revealed by the end of this month? Anything big?

Am not sure about the bold, since the start of March there is like more than 10+ games announced thus far and there are still more to come.

By the end of March there will be about 20+ games announced for the switch which is a great number and way better support from third partys, better games are yet to be announced.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Am not sure about the bold, since the start of March there is like more than 10+ games announced thus far and there are still more to come.

By the end of March there will be about 20+ games announced for the switch which is a great number and way better support from third partys, better games are yet to be announced.
I'm guessing you know what these games are, can you give any hints on which developers are going to announce Switch games this month?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

We got four so far, 2 Sniper Elite games, 2 NISA localizations (I want to ignore Alliance Alive though, I hated that game on 3DS) and bunch of indies. We also got one re-release announcement: Attack of Titan 2: Final Battle, which is a Game+DLC pack.

And there are couple of hints about future: Borderlands 2, Castle Crashers (this is a indie but a big indie), Sonic and Monster Hunter. I think the biggest and hypest reveal will be Monster Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.