• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Am not sure about the bold, since the start of March there is like more than 10+ games announced thus far and there are still more to come.

By the end of March there will be about 20+ games announced for the switch which is a great number and way better support from third partys, better games are yet to be announced.

that's good to hear

what I hope for:

monster hunter
persona 5
borderlands 3
next call of duty

am I on point? Lol

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think Persona 5 reveal is coming next month with Joker Smash reveal.

Another "it could drop anytime now" type of announcement is Spyro. They have recently reduced the gigantic file size on PS4 and that's a good indication that they are actually working on a port.

Wonder when Ori will be revealed. My most anticipated port.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I think Persona 5 reveal is coming next month with Joker Smash reveal.

Another "it could drop anytime now" type of announcement is Spyro. They have recently reduced the gigantic file size on PS4 and that's a good indication that they are actually working on a port.

Wonder when Ori will be revealed. My most anticipated port.
If Microsoft talks about Xbox Live on Switch at GDC (if that's still happening), Ori would be the perfect game to demonstrate it. If not, then E3 at either Nintendo's or Microsoft's conference would be a good place to reveal Ori for Switch.
that's good to hear

what I hope for:

monster hunter
persona 5
borderlands 3
next call of duty

am I on point? Lol
COD is always revealed in May.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I think it's part of their second half of 2019 Switch lineup. My guess for the whole thing: DMC Collection, DMC4, RE5, MH Next (though this might be Japan only first, localization later, maybe in 2020), Onimusha 2.

I think they'll bring all the "remasters" they have brought to PS4/Xbox One. So I expect both Dead Risings and USF4 in the future too. Maybe in 2020.
USFIV would depend on if Sony's current-gen console exclusivity over the game is timed or not. But now that I think about it, USFIV may be the last mainline SF game with some semblembe of a shot at coming to the Switch if Sony's exclusivity is indeed timed (Sony has SFV locked down & SFVI, whenever it happens, is likely gonna target next-gen hardware).

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
USFIV would depend on if Sony's current-gen console exclusivity over the game is timed or not. But now that I think about it, USFIV may be the last mainline SF game with some semblembe of a shot at coming to the Switch if Sony's exclusivity is indeed timed (Sony has SFV locked down & SFVI, whenever it happens, is likely gonna target next-gen hardware).

I don't think Sony has the console exclusivity on USF4 as the game came to Xbox One as a BC title (why bother porting it when this is an option). It was a preorder bonus for Street Fighter collection for all platforms except Switch. I really think Switch owners deserve this port.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't think Sony has the console exclusivity on USF4 as the game came to Xbox One as a BC title (why bother porting it when this is an option). It was a preorder bonus for Street Fighter collection for all platforms except Switch. I really think Switch owners deserve this port.
But the fact remains that the only way that the Xbox One was able to get the game was through BC. No current-gen port of USFIV like the PS4 version exists besides the PS4 version because Sony paid for the creation of said port (& their current-gen console exclusivity over the game).

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
If Microsoft talks about Xbox Live on Switch at GDC (if that's still happening), Ori would be the perfect game to demonstrate it. If not, then E3 at either Nintendo's or Microsoft's conference would be a good place to reveal Ori for Switch.

COD is always revealed in May.

the full reveal? yea. but black ops 4 was announced in march

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
But the fact remains that the only way that the Xbox One was able to get the game was through BC. No current-gen port of USFIV like the PS4 version exists besides the PS4 version because Sony paid for the creation of said port (& their current-gen console exclusivity over the game).

That would be ridiculous. Sony paid for exclusivity just in spite of Switch? If there was a true exclusivity agreement, they would have blocked the BC release of the game on Xbox One. Sony might have paid for the port if Capcom was unwilling but I don't think there was an exclusivity agreement.

The way PS4/Xbox/PC owners got a gift of the game for preordering the Collection while Switch owners got nothing was unfair. There has to be a USF4 Switch port even though the ship has sailed for a free bonus.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That would be ridiculous. Sony paid for exclusivity just in spite of Switch? If there was a true exclusivity agreement, they would have blocked the BC release of the game on Xbox One. Sony might have paid for the port if Capcom was unwilling but I don't think there was an exclusivity agreement.

The way PS4/Xbox/PC owners got a gift of the game for preordering the Collection while Switch owners got nothing was unfair. There has to be a USF4 Switch port even though the ship has sailed for a free bonus.
Unless I'm mistaken, the deal was mainly for a direct port. Since Xbox One's method was by doing BC for the 360 version, it didn't apply. A similar situation happened with Injustice 1 (Sony got current-gen console exclusivity, Xbox One only got it via 360 BC).

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Am not sure about the bold, since the start of March there is like more than 10+ games announced thus far and there are still more to come.

By the end of March there will be about 20+ games announced for the switch which is a great number and way better support from third partys, better games are yet to be announced.

As always, good to hear.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Would Doom 2016 at 30 FPS be playable for you?
That was one of the reasons why I skipped the DOOM (2016) port, but I can kinda understand why given that (unless I'm mistaken) they had to go lower than the PC's lowest settings. But at least for me, portability isn't enough of a justification to make that kind of sacrifice (I did try out the port at a friend's house).

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, the deal was mainly for a direct port. Since Xbox One's method was by doing BC for the 360 version, it didn't apply. A similar situation happened with Injustice 1 (Sony got current-gen console exclusivity, Xbox One only got it via 360 BC).

Yeah that definitely seems like "publishers choosing the easy way out with Xbox BC". I don't think Sony would pay for exclusivity against Switch. It wouldn't earn them a thing, as all of PC, PS4 and Xbox owners have access to those games. Current gen or not.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah that definitely seems like "publishers choosing the easy way out with Xbox BC". I don't think Sony would pay for exclusivity against Switch. It wouldn't earn them a thing, as all of PC, PS4 and Xbox owners have access to those games. Current gen or not.
It was less about screwing over Nintendo, who was a non-factor at the time thanks to the failure of the Wii U, & more about making the PS4 the system to own for fighting games (& it worked, with the help of games like SFV & GGXrd being Sony console exclusive).

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
That was one of the reasons why I skipped the DOOM (2016) port, but I can kinda understand why given that (unless I'm mistaken) they had to go lower than the PC's lowest settings.
So before Doom came out on Switch, you would have said "Trust me, you DON'T want Doom 2016 at 30fps" ?

I am trying to get the context for what you say about DMC V, not stir things up.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It was less about screwing over Nintendo, who was a non-factor at the time thanks to the failure of the Wii U, & more about making the PS4 the system to own for fighting games (& it worked, with the help of games like SFV & GGXrd being Sony console exclusive).

Whatever it is, I don't think they'd block a potential port for Switch. An exclusivity deal would have blocked even the BC releases of the game but now all it did was "screwing over Nintendo", if it really existed.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Whatever it is, I don't think they'd block a potential port for Switch. An exclusivity deal would have blocked even the BC releases of the game but now all it did was "screwing over Nintendo", if it really existed.
I'm not sure if that would really apply to games brought over via BC, so I doubt that BC would be blocked under whatever deal Sony has. And let's be honest, we probably would have gotten both Injustice 1 & USFIV on Xbox One sooner if there really was no deal (at least for Injustice 1, since Sony legit paid for the creation of the PS4 port of USFIV).

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if that would really apply to games brought over via BC, so I doubt that BC would be blocked under whatever deal Sony has. And let's be honest, we probably would have gotten both Injustice 1 & USFIV on Xbox One sooner if there really was no deal (at least for Injustice 1, since Sony legit paid for the creation of the PS4 port of USFIV).

It certainly would apply to BC releases because Sony, not a stupid company, would include this line in the contract: "Block all possible releases of this game on other platforms".

Us Switch owners DID got screwed because of this, Switch version of Street Fighter Collection had no preorder bonus. Even if Sony had a "generational exclusivity" on that game, that would exclude a Switch port. Don't forget, SF5 was a second party game for Sony while older games funded by Capcom themselves. They cannot prevent a Switch port is Nintendo pays for it. And they don't have to.

I think it's definitely coming someday.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
My ultimate dream is king zell coming on here and being like "Remember Wii Sports? Good because Wii would like to play...on Switch"

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
hoo boy, if the caliber of the remaining 10 are similar to the first 10 its gonna be pretty underwhelming.

I wasn't even aware we had had 10 games announced in March thus far.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
hoo boy, if the caliber of the remaining 10 are similar to the first 10 its gonna be pretty underwhelming.

I wasn't even aware we had had 10 games announced in March thus far.

We didn't, we have total of 6, one of them is not even a new game.
- Sniper Elite V2
- Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition
- Turok
- Alliance Alive
- Destiny Connect
- Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (this is actually the game we already got plus new DLC, so it shouldn't be counted as a new game)

Very underwhelming, especially one of those games are a 3DS remaster. A remaster of a bad game.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
- Sniper Elite V2
- Turok
- Alliance Alive
- Destiny Connect
- Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (this is actually the game we already got plus new DLC, so it shouldn't be counted as a new game)

Very underwhelming, especially one of those games are a 3DS remaster. A remaster of a bad game.
I haven't actually watched this video, so idk if these 10 announcements were major
(Yeah this list has a bunch of under-the-radar indies and included Mutant Year Zero even though that's not confirmed yet)

Last edited:

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
- Sniper Elite V2
- Turok
- Alliance Alive
- Destiny Connect

there's also friday the 13th the game

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't actually watched this video, so idk if these 10 announcements were major
(Yeah this list has a bunch of under-the-radar indies and included Mutant Year Zero even though that's not confirmed yet)
Yeah, except for 2-3 games here (Attack on Titan, maybe that motorcycle game and maybe Mutant Year Zero which like you said wasn't announced), I don't think these are the ten+ Zell was referring to as already announced this month. If one includes indies there's far, far more than 10 already announced this month.

Added: On the other hand, the 2 Sniper Elite ports probably are, and so is Turok.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
That brings us to 7. Still it doesn't make March a special month, we had better months even without Directs. I hope GDC, SXSW, Sega Fest and PAX East, all will deliver.
We still have MH 15th anniversary as well, I'd be surprised if they don't at least acknowledge that a Switch MonHun is coming after the tease the Portable series director tweeted

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We still have MH 15th anniversary as well, I'd be surprised if they don't at least acknowledge that a Switch MonHun is coming after the tease the Portable series director tweeted

I think it will be revealed this month. Maybe a little teaser video but they will confirm its existence.

There's Sonic panel at SXSW seems to be perfect place to reveal new game. If MS/Nintendo thing is real, they could spill the beans at GDC. But I think biggest things will be at PAX East. We already had Borderlands tease but Bethesda is also having a panel there. They had put a teaser on twitter which seems to be Fallout related. If it's really some Fallout remaster, it would be safe to assume it would also get a Switch version.

Don't forget the Sakura Wars trademark thing. Sega fest is like cherry on top on everything seems to be coming.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
If I recall correctly he teased Generations in similar way.

I'm not saying he wasn't teasing a new switch MH. I just don't think you can take it as 100% a tease for a new MH on switch and then start immediately expecting it's announcement.

There have been so many recent disappointments that I won't assume anything is coming till it's announced.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I'm not saying he wasn't teasing a new switch MH. I just don't think you can take it as 100% a tease for a new MH on switch and then start immediately expecting it's announcement.

There have been so many recent disappointments that I won't assume anything is coming till it's announced.

Gotta agree with this. I don't expect anything, I just hope.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see smash getting another direct just for itself just for an update

It will be part of a larger direct or it will just be a video they upload

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Smash 4 got a bunch of its own Directs for DLC. Don't see why Smash Ultimate would be any different, especially as the scope of the Smash DLC has already been clearly defined at five character/stage/music packs

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

Most likely. Joker gameplay will be revealed alongside of Persona 5 Switch announcement. E3 will have the reveal of second character which I think it will be a MS rep. Third one will be revealed alongside of DQ11 release date reveal (Erdrick). I'm not sure about last two, they're so far away.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most likely. Joker gameplay will be revealed alongside of Persona 5 Switch announcement. E3 will have the reveal of second character which I think it will be a MS rep. Third one will be revealed alongside of DQ11 release date reveal (Erdrick). I'm not sure about last two, they're so far away.
I thought all the DLC chars were supposed to release this year

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
So before Doom came out on Switch, you would have said "Trust me, you DON'T want Doom 2016 at 30fps" ?

I am trying to get the context for what you say about DMC V, not stir things up.

Agree, people also thought that Doom at 30 FPS wouldnt work, but it did, and we also talking about very fast paced game.

So teases began pouring in. Gearbox teased BL2 (possibly for Switch, maybe BL3 too?) And Behemoth teased Castle Crashers. This is going to be a super exciting PAX weekend, I expect even more surprises.

Yeah, around next 2 weeks should be very interesting, we have GDC and PAX.

Last edited:

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
- Sniper Elite V2
- Turok
- Alliance Alive
- Destiny Connect

This ones are also announced in March:

-Moto Rush GT
-New Friday the 13th
-MotoGP 19
-Snooker 19

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Do Nintendo ever typically announce or show any new first party stuff around GDC or PAX? Or should we just expect 3rd party/Indie announcements?

Status
Not open for further replies.