• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4713

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am not sure about the bold, since the start of March there is like more than 10+ games announced thus far and there are still more to come.

By the end of March there will be about 20+ games announced for the switch which is a great number and way better support from third partys, better games are yet to be announced.
Awesome can't wait

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Already middle of March, I wonder when those rumored third party games are going to be announced...

You should read Zell's post from last page and then lower your expectations a little bit because it looks like they are too high if you don't count the already announced games. No one said you will suddenly see triple A games coming to Switch. At least there are few "better" games lined up in the coming weeks according to them.

Am not sure about the bold, since the start of March there is like more than 10+ games announced thus far and there are still more to come.

By the end of March there will be about 20+ games announced for the switch which is a great number and way better support from third partys, better games are yet to be announced.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should read Zell's post from last page and then lower your expectations a little bit because it looks like they are too high if you don't count the already announced games. No one said you will suddenly see triple A games coming to Switch. At least there are few "better" games lined up in the coming weeks according to them.
Hm. I don't even know which games were announced, so you may be right.

I hope we will see more than indie games and ports of 6 year old games by the end of March...

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
Hm. I don't even know which games were announced, so you may be right.

I hope we will see more than indie games and ports of 6 year old games by the end of March...
We didn't, we have total of 6, one of them is not even a new game.
- Sniper Elite V2
- Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition
- Turok
- Turok 2
- Alliance Alive
- Destiny Connect
- Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle (this is actually the game we already got plus new DLC, so it shouldn't be counted as a new game)

Very underwhelming, especially one of those games are a 3DS remaster. A remaster of a bad game.

This ones are also announced in March:

- Moto Rush GT
- New Friday the 13th
- MotoGP 19
- Snooker 19

It's March 15. GDC starts next week, and by then I'm sure this list will grow up. It could still be underwhelming for a lot of people, that will obviously depend on your tastes and expectations.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
In PAX, they may announce Borderlands 2, right? I've heard it already from several sources

Yep, they could possibly announce Borderlands 3 for Switch too. I mean, announcing 3 for other consoles but only 2 for Switch would be a jerk move. It's not like the games pushing the limits, BL2 got ported to Vita even. Plus I think it's the Handsome Collection that's coming to Switch, not just BL2.

Also could be announced at PAX: Fallout remasters. Bethesda has a panel there and recently they put up a teaser which was seemingly about Fallout.

It's March 15. GDC starts next week, and by then I'm sure this list will grow up. It could still be underwhelming for a lot of people, that will obviously depend on your tastes and expectations.

Some games are garbage or shovelware literally to everyone. Somebody brings a game called "My Princess Horse Stable" nobody would consider it as a "video game".

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, they could possibly announce Borderlands 3 for Switch too. I mean, announcing 3 for other consoles but only 2 for Switch would be a jerk move. It's not like the games pushing the limits, BL2 got ported to Vita even. Plus I think it's the Handsome Collection that's coming to Switch, not just BL2.

Also could be announced at PAX: Fallout remasters. Bethesda has a panel there and recently they put up a teaser which was seemingly about Fallout.

Some games are garbage or shovelware literally to everyone. Somebody brings a game called "My Princess Horse Stable" nobody would consider it as a "video game".
BL2 already runs on Switch hardware (and using the Vita as a barometer is lol), but considering they explicitly used a BL2 screen, it's best not to get hopes up.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Next week should be a better week. Off topic from Nintendo, but I'm excited to see what Google, MS and other companies say and show.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Unfortunately I can't find the post anymore but iirc Emily told us at some point to not suddenly expect big things from 3rd parties. The support will obviously increase over time and in fact we are seeing the results already but we won't see AAA games releasing.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I would be happy with stuff like the Batman Arkham games and Tomb Raider, if that level of game gets announced i'll be a happy camper.

I also wonder if we will see No Man's Sky head to Switch at some point?

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I expect Devil May Cry Trilogy and SMT Nocturne remastered

They may not happen, but i would like to see them

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I envision when a Switch 2 Pro or something releases maybe 5G will be a thing and we can get more third party games streamed

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
RE: Borderlands, wasn't there a rating a little while ago for a current gen release of the original Borderlands? Could that not be the other announcement?

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
soooooo there's going to be NEW SMTV info coming either between the end of this month or in April.
and that was just one tiny bit among the GIANT info drop Senjougahara_Hitagi just conversed with me just now and permitted me to speak publicly about
(no new Smash info sadly)
tenor.gif

its gonna be great

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
soooooo there's going to be NEW SMTV info coming either between the end of this month or in April.
and that was just one tiny bit among the GIANT info drop Senjougahara_Hitagi just conversed with me just now and permitted me to speak publicly about
tenor.gif

its gonna be great
I saw Sabi just mentioned it too.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Unfortunately I can't find the post anymore but iirc Emily told us at some point to not suddenly expect big things from 3rd parties. The support will obviously increase over time and in fact we are seeing the results already but we won't see AAA games releasing.

that's not what emily said. she said just to not expect every AAA game day and date with other platforms. but big games are coming

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
tenor.gif

its gonna be great

Giant info drop on Nintendo stuff in general or just SMTV

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
tenor.gif

its gonna be great
Only that SMTV news is coming before end of April. Atlus has a presentation this month I believe.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5 that is

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I've heard this "Hitagi" name before come up in the Smash rumors, I think. Not sure if that's the same person
They were the person spreading the Katalina rumor. They admitted that they were misinformed about that, but they were still right about some other things in the past (like Samurai Showdown). They are also affiliated and share sources with Vergeben, so make of that what you will.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
that's not what emily said. she said just to not expect every AAA game day and date with other platforms. but big games are coming

There is a difference between AAA and big games. Something like Mortal Kombat 11 is a big game but definitely not AAA. And yes big games will come for sure but AAA rather rarely if at all.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
There is a difference between AAA and big games. Something like Mortal Kombat 11 is a big game but definitely not AAA. And yes big games will come for sure but AAA rather rarely if at all.

Mortal Kombat is DEFINITELY an AAA game. as is Doom Eternal. and Dragon Quest 11 too

and more are coming

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

We got leaks, hints and teases for plenty of current gen AAA game ports for Switch though:

Rage 2 - Devs said they will look into a possible Switch port.
Devil May Cry 5 - We literally have been promised a port. We don't how how serious they were but at least we got a positive official comment.
Division 2 - Didn't we get a tease here in era?
Witcher 3 - Leaked through a French retailer who also leaked Assassin's Creed remaster correctly. This is the next logical step after Skyrim, Dark Souls and Diablo.

Both Iron Galaxy and Panic Button are not busy with Switch ports as we know of. One of those might be their current job. We'll wait and see.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Lol no it's me who keeps on saying it's gonna come but I have literally no inside info whatsoever. But if it comes I'll open a Patreon.

I've seen couple of mentions too on Reddit (was that you?). I believe they were assuming this is coming because its Snowdrop engine is supported on Switch, with Mario + Rabbids being the first game.

Something will definitely come from Ubisoft, Division 2 or not. But it seems better candidate than anything else.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Mortal Kombat is DEFINITELY an AAA game. as is Doom Eternal. and Dragon Quest 11 too

and more are coming
yeah ... like now all of a sudden games aren't AAA if it runs on switch?
haha more are definitely coming.
I wouldn't think all are a perfect fit for switch ... but the ones that fit? ... I don't see why not.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
We got leaks, hints and teases for plenty of current gen AAA game ports for Switch though:

Rage 2 - Devs said they will look into a possible Switch port.
Devil May Cry 5 - We literally have been promised a port. We don't how how serious they were but at least we got a positive official comment.
Division 2 - Didn't we get a tease here in era?
Witcher 3 - Leaked through a French retailer who also leaked Assassin's Creed remaster correctly. This is the next logical step after Skyrim, Dark Souls and Diablo.

Both Iron Galaxy and Panic Button are not busy with Switch ports as we know of. One of those might be their current job. We'll wait and see.

If Devil May Cry 5 was to come to Switch, surely REmake 2 would follow?

At one stage, Panic Button said they were inundated with requests that they had to turn projects down. I'm not sure how many projects they can handle but hopefully they still have plenty of Switch ports coming.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
If Devil May Cry 5 was to come to Switch, surely REmake 2 would follow?

At one stage, Panic Button said they were inundated with requests that they had to turn projects down. I'm not sure how many projects they can handle but hopefully they still have plenty of Switch ports coming.

Well, that's encouraging. If they really said that, they might have chosen to port the best game offered to them. So far we only got Doom, Wolf 2 and Warframe from them but we don't know what their next project could be. Doom Eternal is an option but since Bethesda promised simultaneous release for Switch version, they might be handling the porting themselves.

If I had to guess, I'd say Witcher 3. It already had leaked through some retailer and it makes the most sense. Open world game, immensely popular, takes hours to finish and now it's getting Netflix series, free promotion.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Guys, dmc5 won't come to switch. Dmc collection is probably coming, but 5 won't.
Maybe on switch 2, but not on switch.

Just adjust your expectations.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Well, that's encouraging. If they really said that, they might have chosen to port the best game offered to them. So far we only got Doom, Wolf 2 and Warframe from them but we don't know what their next project could be. Doom Eternal is an option but since Bethesda promised simultaneous release for Switch version, they might be handling the porting themselves.

If I had to guess, I'd say Witcher 3. It already had leaked through some retailer and it makes the most sense. Open world game, immensely popular, takes hours to finish and now it's getting Netflix series, free promotion.

Witcher 3 would be insane on Switch if true, it feels like we are getting to the point now where we start getting exciting stuff like that.

Guys, dmc5 won't come to switch. Dmc collection is probably coming, but 5 won't.

To be honest, i wouldn't actually mind being a gen behind in terms of software releases if I can get them portable.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

It's really hard to "adjust expectations" when it's the devs themselves who are teasing it. They promised us DMC5 if we buy Dragon's Dogma enough and at $30 it'll definitely sell like crazy. We'll see what will happen. Namco kept their promise, we'll see how trustworthy Capcom is.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Can you imagine if Dragon's Dogma sells well and then Capcom come out and say 'lol, Switch can't run DMC 5'

Speaking of Namco, I wonder if they will bring the Dragonball RPG to Switch.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine if Dragon's Dogma sells well and then Capcom come out and say 'lol, Switch can't run DMC 5'

Speaking of Namco, I wonder if they will bring the Dragonball RPG to Switch.

If DMC5 on Switch isn't a part of their future plans, they would most certainly avoid saying nope. I think they will throw us another test to pass. Maybe DMC collection. Or DMC4. We will annihilate that test too. Then another test. Another one. Tests. Lots of them. Just for us, no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.