• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Said it before. Could capcom make DMC5 work on switch? Yeah Not just the engine but the team working with it that worked on DMC5 know how to perform magic but i would not expect it for awhile. DMC HD collection is coming (sooner that later hopefully) so hopefully thats enough to tide people over in the meantime

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
We have yet to see the RE Engine running on Switch so it's hard to determine how optimized a game on that engine can be on Switch.

For now, as always, I would use those games running on the GPD Win 2 as a benchmark for what a Switch port might look like.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
> mortal kombat
> not AAA

What revisionist bullshit are we on now?
the lengths people will go to to justify not wanting switch to get games ... boggles my mind

It's really hard to "adjust expectations" when it's the devs themselves who are teasing it. They promised us DMC5 if we buy Dragon's Dogma enough and at $30 it'll definitely sell like crazy. We'll see what will happen. Namco kept their promise, we'll see how trustworthy Capcom is.
How many capcom tests do we need to pass?

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Im hoping for Tekken ans Soul Calibur ports. Those could easily work. Namco is releasing pretty much all their latest stuff on Switch so I'm kind of expecting an announcement soon.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
given how those games run on the xbox, we're probably looking at sub 540p.

Plus Harada straight up killed any hope for these games: Link

Namco is the one company you shouldn't expect anything from. They're the one where this "test" thing originates from. I expect absolutely nothing from them except for future Tales and Dragonball games, that's it.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Namco is the one company you shouldn't expect anything from. They're the one where this "test" thing originates from. I expect absolutely nothing from them except for future Tales and Dragonball games, that's it.

Ridiculous. They're the biggest Switch supporter. They release dozens of Switch games every year.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Ridiculous. They're the biggest Switch supporter. They release dozens of Switch games every year.

They are releasing 4 in west this year: SAO HR, SAO Fatal Bullet, Dragon Ball Heroes, Digimon Survive. They need 8 more games to reach a dozen. I think at best we'll get only one more from them: That Dragonball RPG.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are releasing 4 in west this year: SAO HR, SAO Fatal Bullet, Dragon Ball Heroes, Digimon Survive. They need 8 more games to reach a dozen. I think at best we'll get only one more from them: That Dragonball RPG.

They'll easily reach that. Bamco is publishing tons of games. Everything anime licensed will release on Switch and Bamco thrives on that. The producer of God Eater 3 teased a Switch port as well.

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
If you are upset about certain third parties not appearing on switch, just... buy them on the other systems? I don't think capcom is "testing" switch users either, they are releasing almost everything to it with the exception of mon hun world and RE engine titles, which might eventually also release. I rather have they adjust and optimize their engine for switch and release a good port to it rather than rushing it and getting a subpar version of it. I don't think its healthy to maintain this persecution complex when things are looking better and better. Sometimes you just need to be a little more patient

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
If you are upset about certain third parties not appearing on switch, just... buy them on the other systems? I don't think capcom is "testing" switch users either, they are releasing almost everything to it with the exception of mon hun world and RE engine titles, which might eventually also release. I rather have they adjust and optimize their engine for switch and release a good port to it rather than rushing it and getting a subpar version of it. I don't think its healthy to maintain this persecution complex when things are looking better and better. Sometimes you just need to be a little more patient
huh?
everything they've released could be viewed as a test...
You say with exception of mon hun and RE engine titles as if that's 2 things...
There's no MvC, RE7, MHWorld, Disney afternoon Collection, DMCV, RE2.... I'm sure there's others...

Things are looking better in general though... I can agree there.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm expecting from Namco is an HD version of We Love Katamari. Having the first game on a portable is great, but the sequel was even better! Hopefully Reroll did well enough to justify it.

Oct 27, 2017
huh?
There's no MvC, RE7, MHWorld, Disney afternoon Collection, DMCV, RE2.... I'm sure there's others...

I mean regarding the games that aren't Mon Hun or RE games:
MvC was a massive bomb, and is licensed from Disney, they would need to go through them to port it and huge bomb like that isn't worth bothering with.
Disney afternoon is also a licensed game, may not have sold much and they likely don't want to bother going through Disney to get it approved.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
They'll easily reach that. Bamco is publishing tons of games. Everything anime licensed will release on Switch and Bamco thrives on that. The producer of God Eater 3 teased a Switch port as well.
Nah, the latest OP and DB games skipping Switch should mean that their future titles aren't ever coming, imagine going backwards in visuals, performance or whatever, especially with new consoles on the horizon.

MoonDesigner

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
huh?

RE engine titles are : RE7, RE2 and DMC V
Mon hun world is MT framework

Monster hunter we are most likely getting a switch focused title and RE enginge games all seem to depend on the optimization they are making/made for the switch and distancing themselves a bit from the release dates for other systems to promote them.

diney afternoon collection and MVC..... i don't know they are titles that people are thirsty for them

Sure capcom wasn't the best in 2017, but they improved a lot in their support and keep doing so

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Something like Mortal Kombat 11 is a big game but definitely not AAA.

You couldn't be further from the truth. The franchise has a history of having some of the most expensive games ever made, and it is quite obvious that the budget for MK11 is immense.

The only reason I can see people downplaying the production values of a game like Mortal Kombat 11 is because it's coming to the Nintendo Switch, which is ridiculous; low spec hardware doesn't preclude spending a ton of money to develop a game that appears on said hardware.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The only thing I'm expecting from Namco is an HD version of We Love Katamari. Having the first game on a portable is great, but the sequel was even better! Hopefully Reroll did well enough to justify it.
I'm definitely hoping for "We Still ♥ Katamari" this year too, but i'm not too confident. I really hope Reroll did well enough for them (and hopefully they tempered their expectations for it considering the game they decided to release it alongside).

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely hoping for "We Still ♥ Katamari" this year too, but i'm not too confident. I really hope Reroll did well enough for them (and hopefully they tempered their expectations for it considering the game they decided to release it alongside).

It only released alongside SSBU in the West. In Japan, the game released on December 20th.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I understand that people who prefer Nintendo hardware always have a connection with Capcom because of historic games like the Mega Man series, Street Fighter II and in later years the Resident Evil series/Capcom 5 deal, but for some it really turned into an unhealthy obsession.

To clarfiy I really like Capcom and played a lot of their games on Nintendo machines, but every third party discussion eventually devolves into the usual "man how crappy is Capcom on Switch". The only real crappy thing about Capcom on the system is that when you're in Europe you have to live with the fact that they publish the majority of their games digitally. When you even see smaller publishers happily putting physical copies of their smaller games on the shelves its completely bizarre that Capcom won't. But I believe thats more about them having terrible partners for distribution in Europe. (Outside of Nintendo of Europe ofcourse)

Btw, good to see there is a thread to discuss third party support in one place. I feel new games are getting announced every day, so I'm pretty content with how the Switch is chugging along.

I wonder whats still to come. The big AAA productions, not expecting everyone, but I can see ports of a few games happening. I have no clue which ones though.

As for other announcements, I still see Dark Souls II happening. Don't know how Dark Souls Remastered performed on the Switch, but when I got it at launch last year it was super active. (Which reminds me, I need to complete that game. Beat Ornstein and Smough and kind of stopped because of Smash and other games)

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
You couldn't be further from the truth. The franchise has a history of having some of the most expensive games ever made, and it is quite obvious that the budget for MK11 is immense.

The only reason I can see people downplaying the production values of a game like Mortal Kombat 11 is because it's coming to the Nintendo Switch, which is ridiculous; low spec hardware doesn't preclude spending a ton of money to develop a game that appears on said hardware.

I stand corrected then. My apologies if it sounded like I wanted to downplay the game as it was not my intention.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I mean, they say "we might consider DMC V if you buy DD Dark Arisen". That sounds like a test to me, or at least some attempt at mindfuckery (that is, lying about needing to buy DD to get DMC V). Either way, it doesn't seem like a persecution complex is what this is about.

The comment "just get them on another platform" doesn't really work when you consider that Switch allows for a different gaming lifestyle: people with only found time and no (or little) consistent free time cannot play a game nearly as often on PS4/XB1/PC than they can on Switch (or any other handheld).

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's definitely a persecution complex when it comes to Capcom though. They definitely messed up a lot of things Switch-related but people are also going way too overly stupid on them. They don't release RE Engine games on the machine because it's too weak to run them, not because they "don't care enough about it to port the engine". That's the harsh reality that a lot of people here need to understand. I don't know why people hold them to that standard but not about all the other AAA titles that are also not coming for those same reasons. There's no "tests", there may have been some at launch like any other unproven console, but right now there's none of that. If you want to see some specific Capcom games on the machine, especially those that haven't been released on Nintendo consoles before, you gotta buy the ports of those titles when Capcom is porting them. That's just how it is. When Itsuno says that you should buy Dragon's Dogma for DMCV to come, that's because it's his only other title on the platform yet and the only one he can officially refers to. Whether DMCV or not comes to the machine is not directly related to DD's sales, but merely a way to communicate about his other Switch release.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
There's definitely a persecution complex when it comes to Capcom though. They definitely messed up a lot of things Switch-related but people are also going way too overly stupid on them. They don't release RE Engine games on the machine because it's too weak to run them, not because they "don't care enough about it to port the engine". That's the harsh reality that a lot of people here need to understand. I don't know why people hold them to that standard but not about all the other AAA titles that are also not coming for those same reasons. There's no "tests", there may have been some at launch like any other unproven console, but right now there's none of that. If you want to see some specific Capcom games on the machine, especially those that haven't been released on Nintendo consoles before, you gotta buy the ports of those titles when Capcom is porting them. That's just how it is. When Itsuno says that you should buy Dragon's Dogma for DMCV to come, that's because it's his only other title on the platform yet and the only one he can officially refers to.

Agree, and I suspect like 80% of the vitriol would go away if Monster Hunter is announced.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
There's definitely a persecution complex when it comes to Capcom though. They definitely messed up a lot of things Switch-related but people are also going way too overly stupid on them. They don't release RE Engine games on the machine because it's too weak to run them, not because they "don't care enough about it to port the engine". That's the harsh reality that a lot of people here need to understand. I don't know why people hold them to that standard but not about all the other AAA titles that are also not coming for those same reasons. There's no "tests", there may have been some at launch like any other unproven console, but right now there's none of that. If you want to see some specific Capcom games on the machine, especially those that haven't been released on Nintendo consoles before, you gotta buy the ports of those titles when Capcom is porting them. That's just how it is. When Itsuno says that you should buy Dragon's Dogma for DMCV to come, that's because it's his only other title on the platform yet and the only one he can officially refers to.

They do, Capcom have a special kind of disdain that's almost comparable to EA's.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
There's definitely a persecution complex when it comes to Capcom though. They definitely messed up a lot of things Switch-related but people are also going way too overly stupid on them. They don't release RE Engine games on the machine because it's too weak to run them, not because they "don't care enough about it to port the engine". That's the harsh reality that a lot of people here need to understand. I don't know why people hold them to that standard but not about all the other AAA titles that are also not coming for those same reasons.

switch has the same hardware features as playstation 4 pro, why wouldn't re engine run on it? it's not any different than running ue4 or idtech 6. they just need to bring it.

JustALurker

Feb 12, 2019
They do, Capcom have a special kind of disdain that's almost comparable to EA's.
They're bringing every game that can feasible run on the switch, that's more support than most AAA devs for the system. I do agree that the way they've brought the games/handled them on the switch isn't great though (especially for those in Europe).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'd love to play them at 480p/25fps with dialled back settings, would be great.

Why does everything have to be on Switch?
Why would anything need to be on anything? No reason, but we would like it to happen. Not everyone can afford multiple systems, and Switch also allows for a different playstyle. That's why people want those games on Switch.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why people want those games on Switch.

But people should also learn that those games sometimes can't be on Switch. There's a point where people need to draw a line and settle their expectations around what can be realistically expected from Capcom on the console. A new Monster Hunter ? Sure, and it's definitely coming. Port of their older gens titles ? New Ace Attorney game ? All of that can happen.

A port of whatever AAA title they're announcing on PS4/XBO and soon PS5/Scarlett ? Now that's just unrealistic, and it's not something that should be expected. If somehow they make it happens, then great, but they're definitely not a thing that is regularly happening due to the Switch's modest specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.