• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
If MH comes I think most Nintendo fans will be happy and I'm fully expecting it. Capcom likes their money too and MH will be big on Switch.

Oh, I don't doubt that "MH Next" from Ichinose's team will do very, very well. And as I've suggested, it's something I'm looking forward to seeing announced and playing for myself, as soon as possible! Where I disagree is if it will truly make Nintendo fans "happy" with Capcom, or if it will just be "okay, that's nice, but where's (x)?".

But to be fair, even getting something to the tune of an exclusive, Revelations-style RE game on Switch may not alleviate that much, either.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to play them at 480p/25fps with dialled back settings, would be great.

Why does everything have to be on Switch?

Well, something has to be on Switch. It's the only handheld console and it needs to build a good third party library. Not every game has to be on Switch but every genre definitely needs to be on Switch. Good library = diverse library.

Nobody is specifically asking DMC5 to be on Switch but since Capcom promised us this, why not? It would be an excellent addition to Switch library if they manage to port it well.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
They're bringing every game that can feasible run on the switch, that's more support than most AAA devs for the system. I do agree that the way they've brought the games/handled them on the switch isn't great though (especially for those in Europe).

Yeah, this gen has been utterly shite for PAL Capcom releases. I've no idea why it's been so pathetic.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
LordKano you bring some good points but the reason people are mad at Capcom is mostly PR related and they do nothing to buy them some goodwill.

In the span of 2 years, we had :

- RE7 directors laughing at the idea of having their game on Switch
- the whole PR debacle regarding the localization of MHXX
- no retail version for a lot of their games
- still have the test mentality (buy this game if you want this other game in a totally different genre)
- non localization of already localized games like Ace Attorney
- and more recently the 50% unexplained price raise of beloved games like Resident Evil 4.

That's a lot to swallow.

People are not mad at Ubi or Bethesda for not bringing their Assassin's Creed or Rage. They understand because they are treated respectfully.

It is still not the case with Capcom.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about the whole PAX East the end of this month. So likely we get a Nindies Presentation before the end of the month.

Then I say some kind of direct in the first two weeks for April. Smash Direct has the biggest chance on April 3 or April 10.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LordKano you bring some good points but the reason people are mad at Capcom is mostly PR related and they do nothing to buy them some goodwill.

In the span of 2 years, we had :

- RE7 directors laughing at the idea of having their game on Switch
- the whole PR debacle regarding the localization of MHXX
- no retail version for a lot of their games
- still have the test mentality (buy this game if you want this other game in a totally different genre)
- non localization of already localized games like Ace Attorney
- and more recently the 50% unexplained price raise of beloved games like Resident Evil 4.

That's a lot to swallow.

People are not mad at Ubi or Bethesda for not bringing their Assassin's Creed or Rage. They understand because they are treated respectfully.

It is still not the case with Capcom.

As I said there's been a lot of fuck up, the most recent one being the unexplicable price gouging on the RE ports, as well as their general super shitty european publishing.

There's however I feel a lot of hyperbole going on some stuff, but especially the test mentality. That's not a thing that is going on at Capcom. They were definitely testing some waters at first, when the Switch just launched and was unproven, but it's been a long time since they stopped this. But because people are so insecure and anxious they see that everywhere. Itsuno never said or implied once that the potential apparition of DMCV on the console relied on DD's sales. What he said is that the one way for people to show that they want want Capcom games is to buy Capcom games. And that's true of any console, and any publisher. No one is going to publish games on a platform where the audience doesn't buy them. But here the Switch audience buys those games so there's nothing to be so stressed over. There aren't any test made. There may have been some at launch, but right now Capcom's porting anything they can port on the system. No publisher is making tests on the Switch anymore, its success has largely been proven already.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
eCmrg4A.gif

NiteJohn

Oct 25, 2017
Can we stop with the MH narrative. Most were angry because of MMLC 1+2 and TDC not MHW. Most of the people that bring World up want to pretend that all the criticism was because of that (despite that we didn't know about World until E3 of that year, about 6-7 months after the criticism started). And before people say it, Most people upset about MH not being on the Switch A. bought World and B. were upset about it not be portable.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about the whole PAX East the end of this month. So likely we get a Nindies Presentation before the end of the month.

Then I say some kind of direct in the first two weeks for April. Smash Direct has the biggest chance on April 3 or April 10.

Why should there be a Smash direct? April has Persona event, we'll the Persona 5 Switch reveal there. And I'm guessing Joker gameplay and release date also will be there (expecting either a shadowdrop or a release date a week after), it makes sense.

Second DLC pack is most likely be revealed at E3 and I'm guessing it's related to one of the game announcements there.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Why should there be a Smash direct? April has Persona event, we'll the Persona 5 Switch reveal there. And I'm guessing Joker gameplay and release date also will be there (expecting either a shadowdrop or a release date a week after), it makes sense.

Second DLC pack is most likely be revealed at E3 and I'm guessing it's related to one of the game announcements there.

They are also hyping up the 3.0 update for Smash, could be something they showcase in a Direct?

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Dudes getting banned left and right, including some posters from this topic. ☹️
The Mosque shooting is the big one and the "Pokémon is wasting its potential" topic.

The Pokémon topic has a lot of people getting mad. It's such a huge series it brings out a lot of debate.

The first topic is admitedly a pretty delicate one.

The second one is utterly ridiculous and is mostly about people reporting others because they dare to criticize the lack of progress of the series.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I think 3.0 update will be small video uploaded to Nintendo channel without even announcing it. Similar to Labo VR announcement.

Potentially, I do think we will have enough to get a mini smash Direct though

- 3.0 update detailed (new returning modes, new features added)
- Joker release date (drops straight after the Direct)
- Reveal of the next DLC character

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think 3.0 update will be small video uploaded to Nintendo channel without even announcing it. Similar to Labo VR announcement.

They teased the update in a General Direct, and then teased we would hear more later. I don't think it's going to be some small video just uploaded to Nintendo's Youtube channel.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Potentially, I do think we will have enough to get a mini smash Direct though

- 3.0 update detailed (new returning modes, new features added)
- Joker release date (drops straight after the Direct)
- Reveal of the next DLC character

Whatever it is, I'm sure it won't include any new character reveals. Nintendo said other 4 characters will be in similar caliber with Joker so I expect them to be revealed at bigger events.

Joker - Game Awards/Persona event
Character 2 (I'm guessing a Microsoft character either Chief or Banjo) - E3
Character 3 (maybe Rayman? Could be Dante too, after DMC remasters reveal on Switch) - Gamescom
Character 4 (probably Erdrick) - At the event where DQ monsters Switch is revealed TGS? Jumpfesta? Maybe fall Direct?
Character 5 - Game Awards 2019

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The first topic is admitedly a pretty delicate one.

The second one is utterly ridiculous and is mostly about people reporting others because they dare to criticize the lack of progress of the series.
Yeah the amount of defense that's put up over criticism over the evolution of Pokémon is too much. I never realized how die hard that fan base was.

I love Pokémon and play all the games, but I will criticize the games. I still don't think Pokémon has had its "Mario 64" moment. I mean it doesn't really need that, but something grander would be nice.

There's issues like features being taken away and the frame rate.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
Whatever it is, I'm sure it won't include any new character reveals. Nintendo said other 4 characters will be in similar caliber with Joker so I expect them to be revealed at bigger events.

Character 3 (maybe Rayman? Could be Dante too, after DMC remasters reveal on Switch) - Gamescom
Character 4 (probably Erdrick) - At the event where DQ monsters Switch is revealed TGS? Jumpfesta? Maybe fall Direct?

I was thinking similar, Joker seems to be tied to a Persona 5 game reveal coming up. I wonder if the last 4 are the same and are tied to other big third party games realising on Switch?

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018

Nintendo hasn't said anything about the caliber of the DLC characters. All they've said is that they're newcomers to the series.

Plus if Brave is a Dragon Quest character they should be the next one revealed after Joker, not the fourth one revealed overall.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Don't forget EVO! I'd swap Gamescom for EVO

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo hasn't said anything about the caliber of the DLC characters. All they've said is that they're newcomers to the series.

Plus if Brave is a Dragon Quest character they should be the next one revealed after Joker, not the fourth one revealed overall.

Reggie's full quote was "These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5, characters you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." Characters you would not expect just like, Joker. They're sure going to be shocking reveals, possibly non Nintendo characters.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
They don't release RE Engine games on the machine because it's too weak to run them, not because they "don't care enough about it to port the engine". That's the harsh reality that a lot of people here need to understand.

Nothing suggests that RE Engine or RE Engine games are that demanding that they couldnt run on Switch,
2 from 3 RE games runs at 1080p/60fps (while one, DMCV is 1080p/30-60fps) on base XB1.

I'd love to play them at 480p/25fps with dialled back settings, would be great.

Why does everything have to be on Switch?

RE2 is 1080p/60fps, on Switch it would probably could run at around 900p/30fps or 720p/60fps.

Not every game should/could be on Switch, but we here clearly talking about games that are not that demanding, it's not like we talking about RDR2 for instance.
And of course people want more games in any case for Switch, especially because full handheld mode that other consoles dont offer.

Last edited:

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand how people can still say that the Switch "can't handle [insert name]-engine".
It's all about assets and what effects they use.
Engines can be scalable.
Look at Unreal.
It's all about how much work was put into optimization.
An engine is just a framework.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Reggie's full quote was "These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5, characters you would not expect to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate." Characters you would not expect just like, Joker. They're sure going to be shocking reveals, possibly non Nintendo characters.

One of the characters heavily speculated is a Dragon Quest character. A major Japanese series with a long history with Nintendo. That's not exactly the most unexpected guest character in the history of Smash Bros. That is exactly the kind of guest character you would expect in Smash Bros.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
One of the characters heavily speculated is a Dragon Quest character. A major Japanese series with a long history with Nintendo. That's not exactly the most unexpected guest character in the history of Smash Bros. That is exactly the kind of guest character you would expect in Smash Bros.

It's Erdrick and yes it WAS supposed to be unexpected, as everyone would be waiting for Slime to get in. Similar to Joker. Jack Frost would have been a more fitting representative, right?

Us fans shouldn't use the word "unexpected" anyway, to us right now even Master Chief is expected. Next character after Erdrick possibly is in wishlists of thousands of fans right now. Dante? Sora? Banjo? How far can we go?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. Smash has the highest chance I say. People expect to see Mario Maker 2 before E3. If Pikmin 3, MPT and these other ports are coming we could get a Mini Direct.
Something with Mario Maker 2 before E3 makes sense to me, probably it's own direct? Given that game comes out the same month as E3, so it'd be really weird for them to be silent about it until like a week before release.

I don't think we will see those ports if they are coming until the second half of the year.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something with Mario Maker 2 before E3 makes sense to me, probably it's own direct? Given that game comes out the same month as E3, so it'd be really weird for them to be silent about it until like a week before release.

I don't think we will see those ports if they are coming until the second half of the year.
Yeah since Mario Maker 2 releases in June, then E3 is too late to do a full reveal. We have to get basically a full reveal before that in a general direct or a Mario Maker Direct.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so it's still a possibility that Pikmin 3 and MPT will come to Switch? Somehow I thought those rumors died after the last Direct.
Unless I'm misremembering, the more reputable rumours said that they weren't sure that those games would be in that direct, especially Metroid. Them not being in the Direct when the leakers said they might not be in the Direct doesn't really kill anything.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
Unless I'm misremembering, the more reputable rumours said that they weren't sure that those games would be in that direct, especially Metroid. Them not being in the Direct when the leakers said they might not be in the Direct doesn't really kill anything.

Oh yeah, you're right. The rumors just said that they will release this year but it wasn't clear when they will be revealed.
Sorry, I messed all the infos a little bit up. :D

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Why would anything need to be on anything? No reason, but we would like it to happen. Not everyone can afford multiple systems, and Switch also allows for a different playstyle. That's why people want those games on Switch.
Can't reply to everyone, but I understand. Choice is always good, it's nice to think that if I'm craving some Doom I can play it on a handheld with ease. I guess I was being narrow minded, my bad.

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I don't think Capcom has something against switch or Nintendo. The thing is:the weaker the console is, the harder is for port games for it.

Switch is an amazing console/portable device, but it's nature makes its hardware more limited, therefore 3rd parties has to spend more resources to port games to it, because this games must be better optimized.

So I completely understand a game like RE2 or DMC5 no coming to switch.

That said, the "testing" thing is ridiculous and any company that implies that should be boicoted.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
So nothing came from the Monster Hunter anniversary event..

I wonder if any of the rumoured announcements will be big or more akin to the stuff that gets released on the eshop every week.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I still stand by what I did before. No general direct until e3. At best, a mini, but even that is doubtful in my opinion. They revealed a lot in the previous one I don't see anything important enough to be talked about. I just hope that the E3 one will be better than last year's...

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I feel an Nindie Showcase is on the cards very soon (Before PAX) as well. I'm hoping No Man's Sky is announced as part of it as well.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so it's still a possibility that Pikmin 3 and MPT will come to Switch? Somehow I thought those rumors died after the last Direct.
So we have these two posts from King Zell and Emily prior to the Direct.

There are a bunch of announcements coming this year but am not sure when.
Including Pikmin 3, Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon.

MPT probably will be at the Direct.

Indeed. Five is the floor (minimum) -- not the ceiling. The ceiling could be as high as 11 or 12.

It's difficult to give an exact number because any game can be pushed back to 2020 for marketing/scheduling reasons.

Let me try to explain this better.

The "Most likely" Nintendo-published game announcements for 2019. (70% chance or higher)

1. Mystery game #1
2. Mystery game #2
3. Mystery game #3
4. Mystery game #4
5. eShop game #1
6. Mystery Wii U port #1 (2013 title)
7. eShop game #2
8. eShop game #3
9. New Labo Kit

50% chance or less for 2019

10. Retro Studios secret game (this is assuming it wasn't canned)
11. Metroid Prime Trilogy (assuming Zell's info and Imran's info are correct)
12. Mystery Wii U port #2

From King Zell he said coming in 2019

-2D Zelda (Links Awakening confirmed)
-Super Mario Maker 2 (confirmed)
-Boxboy (confirmed)
-Pokemon (confirmed and more is coming)
-Pikmin 3 (not yet confirmed)
-Metroid Prime Trilogy (not yet confirmed)

If we fill in Emily's games
70% chance of coming this year

1. Mystery game #1 (Links Awakening)
2. Mystery game #2 (Astral Chain)
3. Mystery game #3 (Super Mario Maker 2)
4. Mystery game #4
5. eShop game #1 (Boxboy and Boxgirl)
6. Mystery Wii U port #1 (2013 title)
7. eShop game #2 (Tetris 99)
8. eShop game #3
9. New Labo Kit (Labo VR)

50% chance or less for 2019

10. Retro Studios secret game(this is assuming it wasn't canned)
11. Metroid Prime Trilogy (assuming Zell's info and Imran's info are correct)
12. Mystery Wii U port #2

Combining both of their leftovers we have

-Pikmin 3 (most likely Emily's Wii U 2013 port)
-Metroid Prime Trilogy
-Mystery game #4
-eShop game #3
-Retro's game
-Mystery Wii U port #2

If some of these are coming I think the ports will be announced prior to E3. Nintendo hasn't announced any Wii U ports at E3 so far (of course that could change). I see Pikmin 3 coming this year at least.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
There will be a direct before the end of April as that's when the new Smash update is due to launch.

I would imagine it would show off a bit more of games releasing soon like FE and SMM 2 with an update on AC and LM 3.

That would then leave 2 months for E3 where they can go all out on AC and LM 3.

Maybe have a Nindies between that

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Playing through Pikmin 2 right now is making me really wanna see Pikmin come to the Switch sooner than later.
Zell said Pikmin 3 is for sure coming to Switch right?
He seemed pretty sure about it, and Emily corroborated on it later (and it was clearly the 2013 Wii U port she teased), so I think it's a safe bet.

Last edited:

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Did they announce any Wii U ports in the past E3? Wonder if it's the right place to reveal Pikmin 3. I think E3 will be mostly Imran's Revived game + Animal Crossing Blowout. They could reveal a couple of third party games like Witcher 3 and MS games too but AC will definitely take more than 20 minutes of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.