• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I still stand by what I did before. No general direct until e3. At best, a mini, but even that is doubtful in my opinion. They revealed a lot in the previous one I don't see anything important enough to be talked about. I just hope that the E3 one will be better than last year's...
I'd be inclined to side with you here if Mario Maker 2 wasn't coming out in June. No Direct before E3 means we don't see any Mario Maker outside of that shortish trailer until a week or two before release. That just seems unlikely to me.

So nothing came from the Monster Hunter anniversary event..
There was never any reason to believe something Switch related would be at that event. It was weird that people were talking about it as though it was a sure thing. Same with the Sonic one.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Did they announce any Wii U ports in the past E3? Wonder if it's the right place to reveal Pikmin 3. I think E3 will be mostly Imran's Revived game + Animal Crossing Blowout. They could reveal a couple of third party games like Witcher 3 and MS games too but AC so definitely take more than 20 minutes of it.
Nope, none of the Wii U ports were announced at E3:
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: January Switch Presentation
  • Pokken Tournament DX: Pokemon Direct
  • Bayonetta 1 + 2: Game Awards
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: January Mini Direct
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition: January Mini Direct
  • Captain Toad: March Nintendo Direct
  • New Super Mario Bros. U: September Nintendo Direct

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
"Animal Crossing to take more than 20 minutes of an E3 direct". Yeah...no
I misremembered, ignore me.

I feel an Nindie Showcase is on the cards very soon (Before PAX) as well. I'm hoping No Man's Sky is announced as part of it as well.
They can't get No Man's Sky to run well on the PS4/Xbox, I don't see them managing to get it running at a playable enough framerate to release it on Switch. I'd love to be wrong though.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why not? Based on how their last few directs have went it seems pretty likely.
Only last year's E3. The year before had the same wording for SMO yet had only a 3 minute trailer for SMO. There's no pattern here yet. Could they do it? Yes, they could, but I don't think they will for AC. It seems more like a game for which you can focus on many different aspects in short bursts without loss of comprehension (and maybe it even aids comprehension for AC).

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are right, I was misremembering the Mario and Zelda focussed E3s. Most of that was Treehouse stream stuff not the Direct itself.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Sure, the 20 minutes is a bit hyperbolic. But it's going to be their main E3 game, so it's probably going to take up a significant portion of the Direct.
Like another user pointed out, Odyssey was the big game of E3 2017 and it only got a 3 minute trailer at the end.

I could see the same for Animal Crossing, with a more in-depth look during the Treehouse streams.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Like another user pointed out, Odyssey was the big game of E3 2017 and it only got a 3 minute trailer at the end.

I could see the same for Animal Crossing, with a more in-depth look during the Treehouse streams.
Yeah I edited my post, I was misremembering and thought it took up more but it was Treehouse stuff.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty obvious that AC will be the spotlight game on this year's E3, seeing how we have next to no details on it in a similar fashion with Smash but I think it'll be a 5 minute trailer/section followed by very extensive Treehouse demo.

Also, E3 is only in 85 days !

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
He seemed pretty sure about it, and Emily corroborated on it later (and it was clearly the 2013 Wii U port she teased), so I think it's a safe bet.
That would be disappointing after that comment a couple of years ago when Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 was almost done. I know he could have been talking about hey Pikmin but I'm sure someone said that was confirmed to not be the game he was talking about. Pikmin 3 is one game I'd consider double dipping on from the WiiU days cos I missed all the DLC. I adore Pikmin.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's pretty obvious that AC will be the spotlight game on this year's E3, seeing how we have next to no details on it in a similar fashion with Smash, but I think it'll be a 5 minute trailer/section followed by very extensive Treehouse demo.

Also, E3 is only in 85 days !
Yeah, I can see 5-10 minute section for AC, too. But it won't be 25 minutes like Smash imo. Unlike last year, this year has a ton of other big games they can talk about in the direct: Zelda Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, SSM2, Astral Chain (not big, but they are marketing it very well), and MUA3. This compared to last year where they had Octopath Traveler, XBC2 Torna: the Golden Country, and Super Mario Party. That's a big gulf in terms of appeal, and they can capitalise on this during E3 I think.

Edit: I always forget that LM3 is also slated for this year, I can't hold all these games (in my head)!

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Pokemon SWSH, Links Awakening haven't received full reveal trailers yet.

Pokémon will get atleast a trailer. Mario Maker 2 should get a bigger reveal prior to E3. Links Awakening is a remake, but it'll get a trailer at least. Luigi's Mansion 3 will get a bigger segment and Animal Crossing should get the biggest segment. Astral Chain will get 3-6 minutes segment. Fire Emblem will get a trailer. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 I expect a new trailer.

Treehouse is going to be great this year. I want to know if Emily's Mystery game #4 will be revealed here. I've said it earlier on what we could expect from Nintendo's E3 in some capacity be it in their direct or Treehouse.

-Town
-Super Mario Maker 2
-Links Awakening
-Astral Chain
-Pokemon SWSH
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Daemon x Machina
-Oinaki
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
-Dragon Quest Builders 2
-DQXI
-Maybe Overwatch/GTAV/other third party
-Emily's Mystery game #4
-Emily's eShop game
-Metroid Prime Trilogy (I'm doubtful)
-Pikmin 3 (I'm doubtful)
-Retro's game
-2020 game

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That would be disappointing after that comment a couple of years ago when Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 was almost done. I know he could have been talking about hey Pikmin but I'm sure someone said that was confirmed to not be the game he was talking about. Pikmin 3 is one game I'd consider double dipping on from the WiiU days cos I missed all the DLC. I adore Pikmin.
It wasn't Hey! Pikmin. Emily said that we haven't heard about Pikmin 4 because it was rebooted since that comment:
Contrary to what Miyamoto said about Pikmin 4 being "almost finished" - it was actually rebooted at some point during development. Which is why we haven't heard anything about it yet.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Following up on that, Emily said that Pikmin 4 was rebooted at some point, which explains Miyamoto's comments (which were about Pikmin 4, yes).

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario Maker 2, Animal Crossing, Astral Chain, Pokemon SWSH, Links Awakening haven't received full reveal trailers yet.

Pokémon will get atleast a trailer. Mario Maker 2 should get a bigger reveal prior to E3. Links Awakening is a remake, but it'll get a trailer at least. Luigi's Mansion 3 will get a bigger segment and Animal Crossing should get the biggest segment. Astral Chain will get 3-6 minutes segment. Fire Emblem will get a trailer. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 I expect a new trailer.

Treehouse is going to be great this year. I want to know if Emily's Mystery game #4 will be revealed here.
Considering the promixity of so many big games to E3 (SSM2, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain), we are sure to get treehouse segments on those games, which will be very exciting! MUA3 could definitely a big segment as well, considering it should release in summer as well (I'm guessing it will in September).

I definitely think Pokémon will also get an extended gameplay segment at Treehouse.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I just meant a second trailer lol. Only AC hasn't gotten any video. The others got what I call "the introduction trailer".
Mario Maker 2's trailer definitely feels a bit different (and way bigger) than those other examples though.

Like, the beginning part with the slopes up until the logo would be a "introduction trailer" but the rest really feels like a proper trailer to me (despite them hiding some of the game's major features).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the promixity of so many big games to E3 (SSM2, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain), we are sure to get treehouse segments on those games, which will be very exciting! MUA3 could definitely a big segment as well, considering it should release in summer as well (I'm guessing it will in September).

I definitely think Pokémon will also get an extended gameplay segment at Treehouse.

IIRC the last couple Pokémon games got one big Treehouse segment. SWSH will definitely get that. I also think we could get Nintendo World Championship this year or at least something for Super Mario Maker 2.
Mario Maker 2's trailer definitely feels a bit different (and way bigger) than those other examples though.

Like, the beginning part with the slopes up until the logo would be a "introduction trailer" but the rest really feels like a proper trailer to me (despite them hiding some of the game's major features).

Yeah Mario Maker for sure showed off more stuff. And to think how much they haven't shown off yet. It is a different type of game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was really disappointed with Treehouse last year. It was the worst for me. It's not their fault. They can only show what they're given. Smash is great, but there's only so much of fighting you can show. The delays of Yoshi and Fire Emblem didn't help.

This year is like E3 2017 where we go into E3 knowing the vast majority of Nintendo's games and it feels good. Seen no gameplay of Animal Crossing and little of many others. I love when everyone gathers together to watch Treehouse. I like seeing a variety of games and all these developers talk about their games. One of the best things Nintendo has ever done in communication with their fans.

oracion

Jan 7, 2018
Tokyo
Pikmin isn't the IP that will have 2 entries this year.
giphy-downsized.gif

OP
OP
Kevin360

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
The OP of this thread seems a bit obsessive in mentioning MPT. I mean, c'mon. There're other games, bro.

Also, I still believe because I'm naive and am used to being disappointed.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I was really disappointed with Treehouse last year. It was the worst for me. It's not their fault. They can only show what they're given. Smash is great, but there's only so much of fighting you can show. The delays of Yoshi and Fire Emblem didn't help.

This year is like E3 2017 where we go into E3 knowing the vast majority of Nintendo's games and it feels good. Seen no gameplay of Animal Crossing and little of many others. I love when everyone gathers together to watch Treehouse. I like seeing a variety of games and all these developers talk about their games. One of the best things Nintendo has ever done in communication with their fans.
Yeah, It wasnt bad but not as great as the previous year, with announcements happening during the show. This year there will be so much stuff to show: early routes from Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Luguis Mansion, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, there're just so many games. Animal Crossing will be the main game in my opinion, I think we will get some sort of Directs before E3, probably a short Smash Direct and a Mario Maker one, with Nintendo later announcing their E3 plans and telling us to expect AC news at E3. That doesn't mean there will be 20 minutes of Animal Crossing during the Direct tho, probably a five minutes trailer with Treehouse kicking off right after it.

Pikmin isn't the IP that will have 2 entries this year.
Pokémon?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I think he's referring to to Links Awakening and the Zelda eShop game.
You think we'll see two Zelda games on the Switch this year? I wasn't really keeping up with rumors after the February Direct, but is there actually anything supporting this, or is this just a prediction?

I think a Zelda mobile game would be more likely for a second Zelda game this year honestly (probably around the same time as Link's Awakening, to space it out from Mario Kart Tour and Dr. Mario World).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never specified either or.
You quoted the dude who told him "Pikmin isn't getting 2 games this year". If you didn't agree that's fine. As long as he sees he misread what that poster said.

Yeah, It wasnt bad but not as great as the previous year, with announcements happening during the show. This year there will be so much stuff to show: early routes from Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Luguis Mansion, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, there're just so many games. Animal Crossing will be the main game in my opinion, I think we will get some sort of Directs before E3, probably a short Smash Direct and a Mario Maker one, with Nintendo later announcing their E3 plans and telling us to expect AC news at E3. That doesn't mean there will be 20 minutes of Animal Crossing during the Direct tho, probably a five minutes trailer with Treehouse kicking off right after it.

Pokémon?
Yeah there's so much more to show this year. That's what makes the Treehouse go. It lives by the games they can show. The less we've seen of all these games means the better Treehouse will be. There's a nice variety for everyone. A little bit of Mario or Zelda or something more action like Astral Chain or maybe you love Animal Crossing, then there's plenty of that.

Pokémon was confirmed to get more than SWSH this year.

You think we'll see two Zelda games on the Switch this year? I wasn't really keeping up with rumors after the February Direct, but is there actually anything supporting this, or is this just a prediction?

I think a Zelda mobile game would be more likely for a second Zelda game this year honestly (probably around the same time as Link's Awakening, to space it out from Mario Kart Tour and Dr. Mario World).
It's Nintendo so anything is possible, but I can see when you think about it rationally another Zelda game (on Switch) seems highly unlikely.

We did have the rumor a Zelda mobile title was coming I remember.

Last edited:

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Talking about Direct, its not sure thing, but I could easily see general or Mini Direct in April.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going by what we know today, do you think Nintendo's E3 will end with Animal Crossing and transition into Treehouse showing it off?

E3 2016 was all Botw
E3 2017 ended with Super Mario Odyssey and went straight to gameplay on Treehouse
E3 2018 ended with Smash to Treehouse
E3 2019??

Animal Crossing is the biggest game outside of Pokémon.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Going by what we know today, do you think Nintendo's E3 will end with Animal Crossing and transition into Treehouse showing it off?

E3 2016 was all Botw
E3 2017 ended with Super Mario Odyssey and went straight to gameplay on Treehouse
E3 2018 ended with Smash to Treehouse
E3 2019??

Animal Crossing is the biggest game outside of Pokémon.
Last reveal will be the "surprise" announcement of co-op in Mario Maker 2, with the Treehouse immediately showing it off afterwards.

Book it.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'd be inclined to side with you here if Mario Maker 2 wasn't coming out in June. No Direct before E3 means we don't see any Mario Maker outside of that shortish trailer until a week or two before release. That just seems unlikely to me.

Having a game focused direct wouldn't surprise me mate. Especially for a game like Mario maker where there is a lot to talk about.

Last edited:

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
some stuff coming to the Switch 'at least one' ... i mean ... it wasn't even possible years ago, cant wait to see the reaction here.

Status
Not open for further replies.