• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I check my coffee grounds and they told me I was right. No general direct this month. Not even a mini. There enough to play and Nintendo wouldn't want to distract us from that.
The coffee also told me that splatoon 3 was 2020, as I already knew.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
i mean you may agree or not with it, but all past metroid games, no matter their scale, have been announced at E3

Let's take a look at when Nintendo announced the original release of this Metroid Prime compilation:

The compilation was first announced by Nintendo in May 2009, and was released in North America on August 24, 2009

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime:_Trilogy

And the trilogy was dropped on the WiiU eShop in January 2015 after being announced at a direct. It sold for $10 its first week and $20 after that.

So, it was a random may announcement in 2009. It was a Direct announcement and January drop for TEN DOLLARS in 2015... And now in 2019 it's an E3 megaton?

Last edited:

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
My suggestion for the next Thread Titel : -> Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT| Nintendo Direct is a Lie!

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
all I've cared about since the last Direct is getting a Smash Direct

all other games can perish

Please no. Joker, Erdrick, and new modes can easily be discussed in a portion of a bigger direct. It would be a huge letdown for a game that is months old to be the only center of attention in regards to news lately.

In other words, i'd much prefer news on actual new games, Mario Maker 2 is just two months away and we barely know anything.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Let's take a look at when Nintendo announced the original release of this Metroid Prime compilation:

And the trilogy was dropped on the WiiU eShop in January 2015 after being announced at a direct. It sold for $10 its first week and $20 after that.

So, it was a random may announcement in 2009. It was a Direct announcement and January drop for TEN DOLLARS in 2015... And now in 2019 it's an E3 megaton?

even the theoretical MPT trilogy on switch was supposed to be announced at TGA before the unforeseen events leading to MP4's reboot. Nintendo could indeed announce MPT whenever they want, they don't really follow a pattern with anything.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once there's no direct this week that'll be the end of Gaming Intel. Hahaha who am I kidding. They'll pretend they know another Direct is coming in the future and some Youtubers/gaming media will call them reliable. Make their videos on if we should believe them the next time and get a subscription or two.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
If I said that Nintendo was going to release Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10 during release week and $20 permanently after, I'd probably be banned for insanity.

I should've been more into the WiiU...

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Let's place our bets, I think nothing will happen the 11th simply because there's not enough sources for this rumor. Gaming Intel showed their real face as roleplayers already imo.

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
Once there's no direct this week that'll be the end of Gaming Intel. Hahaha who am I kidding. They'll pretend they know another Direct is coming in the future and some Youtubers/gaming media will call them reliable. Make their videos on if we should believe them the next time and get a subscription or two.

YouTubers and Media outlets will always grasp at holographic straws if it means a new video or article can be made, it is their livelihood after all. Plus you can't blame them when Nintendo has been kinda quiet lately, while these people have to pump out new content constantly, Direct/E3 or not.

It's very annoying though. Especially when people blindly follow whatever speculation a YouTuber might be trying to make up to pass the 10min mark

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018

But what happend with GamingIntel if it turns out to be right?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YouTubers and Media outlets will always grasp at holographic straws if it means a new video or article can be made, it is their livelihood after all. Plus you can't blame them when Nintendo has been kinda quiet lately, while these people have to pump out new content constantly, Direct/E3 or not.

It's very annoying though. Especially when people blindly follow whatever speculation a YouTuber might be trying to make up to pass the 10min mark

How has Nintendo been quiet? They're more active than Sony and Microsoft...we had a Direct two months ago. Then had a Pokémon Direct followed by a Nindies Presentation. Idk what more do you want.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Then they'll be 2/6? We've all been guessing the date of the Direct, if we're right doesn't mean we've all got insider info. Now if they can name what's going to be in the Direct, that will be something.

Well, there is a point, i think at the End it's only Clickbait for their own Website and getting attention... nothing else... well like i said tousand of Times, let's wait and see tilll tomorrow.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with gaming news since the new job.

So the latest rumor is a direct April 11th with an announcement tomorrow?

It's an extremely flimsy rumor. Best Buy recently leaked the render for Joker and people found listings for unannounced Switch games in their system last week so, between that, rumors of new Switch models releasing possibly as early as summer, mysterious Smash update coming any time now and games like Mario Maker probably requiring some sort of pre-E3 info dump, people were thinking something might be coming soon.

The specific date of the 11th is just some blog guessing on the back of the speculation, probably.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Too much silence, on all fronts. Usually, when Directs are announced, there is plenty of smoke the days before.

I'll be genuinely surprised if there is Direct this week.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I would really caution giving GamingIntel the benefit of the doubt. They put up an article informing people how to hack their Switch and provided a torrent link for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, they don't deserve respect.

That's not even considering the dozens of other fake rumors they've made up

Rundeas

Jan 8, 2019

Given the announcement & delay of Prime 4, the Prime Trilogy matters more/is more relevant now vs in 2015 to both Metroid fans and people looking to get into the series.

So i think having it as an E3 announcement isn't too far fetched, though i definitely think it's more likely in the april direct (given that there is one).

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Nintendo is on some bullshit if they release Metroid Prime for $60 and it's not coming to a VR platform with a thorough adaptation.

I didn't realize how much that was gonna bother me until today.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
I hope that if Atlus has something to reveal for the Switch they do it before 4/25. Blockbuster sale ends that day and if P5 somehow gets announced after that my wallet is going to be angry.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
If GamingIntel is right on this one we'll be too busy celebrating to care about GamingIntel. Kind of like when Marcus Sellars was right about the March direct last year. Once that Nintendo tweet goes out nobody cares about that twitter insider bullshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.