• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Nintendo is on some bullshit if they release Metroid Prime for $60 and it's not coming to a VR platform with a thorough adaptation.

I didn't realize how much that was gonna bother me until today.
It's gonna cost $60 and probably be a Twilight Princess HD esque type of upgrade. Might wanna make peace with that now if it's really gonna bother you.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Y'all just

What do you mean? PC or a dedicated VR system? If it's non Nintendo HW it won't happen

I mean Nintendo hardware, of course.

It's gonna cost $60 and probably be a Twilight Princess HD esque type of upgrade. Might wanna make peace with that now if it's really gonna bother you.

$10 in 2015.

Ten. Dollars.

Four years later, downgrade the control scheme, release the same game... $60. lmao. What in the world

dmpillay

Mar 18, 2019
How has Nintendo been quiet? They're more active than Sony and Microsoft...we had a Direct two months ago. Then had a Pokémon Direct followed by a Nindies Presentation. Idk what more do you want.

Quiet in that outlets have exhausted topics to do with the Feb direct and there isn't much else new that could draw people in. I personally agree with you, but I may have worded it wrongly, sorry

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow what a shock. Nintendo decided not to put a Direct out on the day before their new 1st party release.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah. Again. Ten dollars in 2015.
$10 on sale while regular price was $20 I think,
In any case we talking about simple port especially because Wii U had BC for Wii games already, while we here talking about HD remaster of 3 games for totally different tech/architecture.
Expecting anything else than $60 will lead to disappointment.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Errr...this will be in hd too.

Yeah, it'll be a 15 year old game rendered in HD that still looks like a 15 year old game, omits the originals best control scheme and was sold for $10 on Nintendo's last console. This will be the third time this compilation has been released. THIRD!

Tropical Freeze is the latest entry in the Donkey Kong series that released on Nintendo's last failed console.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it'll be a 15 year old game rendered in HD that still looks like a 15 year old game, omits the originals best control scheme and was sold for $10 on Nintendo's last console. This will be the third time this compilation has been released. THIRD!

Tropical Freeze is the latest entry in the Donkey Kong series that released on Nintendo's last failed console.
The best controls were the wii controls, and who cares if its the third? It will be a remaster and not a port.

Tropical freeze launched on the wii u at $50, then dropped to $20. Then came out at $60 for the switch 4 years later. How is that fine, but not prime trilogy?

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Woolly World was also 50, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was 40. The system generally just had more flexible pricing for retail first party games.
Nintendo was probably trying to maximize profit during the Wii U era, so they didn't mind charging below price. Now that they're doing fine again, they can ignore the market price to maintain perceived value.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Imo it makes perfect sense for MPT to be 60$.
Its a twice released collection that didnt sell well before of games that didnt sell much in the first place, so the number of people interested in this was never gonna be big in the first place.
Much more logical to get the full 60$ from the few people who are Metroid fanboy enough to buy it, since they wont actually be price sensetive.
People who are were not going to buy it in the first place, since they had plenty of opportunity before.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we're going to get a Direct next week. This week with Labo and reviews doesn't make sense business wise for Nintendo. Next week though is clear IIRC. FFX/X-2 release on Tuesday. Nintendo has nothing major releasing next week and it's before Mortal Kombat releases. Actually I see Cuphead releases next week. That's kind of a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.