• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Yeah, I know it's one of Nintendo's second-tier franchises so I don't agree with the notion that a port of a port of it would be all that big of a deal.

Nintendo bringing out the big guns at E3 2019: 15 year old FPS games with HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS lmao.

Also, you know, probably the best Trilogy in all of gaming, for a generation of people who might not have even been born before the 1st one (arguably one of the greatest games of all time) was released. You're right that's pretty much nothing

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Also, you know, probably the best Trilogy in all of gaming, for a generation of people who might not have even been born before the 1st one (arguably one of the greatest games of all time) was released. You're right that's pretty much nothing

Congrats to the series on all of its acclaim. All that acclaim probably played into Nintendo's decision to release this trilogy on the WiiU eShop in January 2015 for $10.

Sure, it's more than "nothing." It's also not some sort of megaton that needs to be saved for E3 in a year that's already pretty packed with software. It wasn't the last two times Nintendo sold this trilogy as a package over the past decade, and I don't see what's changed about the world since 2015 (other than Xbone BC making a mockery of the remaster), that would inflate Metroid's impact.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT2| Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A port I hope we get is Xenoblade Chronicles from the Wii. Takahashi said money is an issue for XCX, but he never said there was issues for XC to be remastered. Though I would think that would cost same money issues.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This persona concert thing just sounds like Smash fans latching onto a "relevant" date like they always do only to be proven wrong later, unless I'm missing something?

Like I remember all those "today is Zelda's 25th anniversary, we HAVE to get a veteran!" and the likes during Smash 4's POTDs.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
A port I hope we get is Xenoblade Chronicles from the Wii. Takahashi said money is an issue for XCX, but he never said there was issues for XC to be remastered. Though I would think that would cost same money issues.

I would absolutely love to see a visual makeover of XB with Shulk using his XB2 model. I love that design, it works so well for him.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A XCX port seems like a pretty obvious filler title. The issue probably isn't that Nintendo doesn't want to give Monolith Soft the money for a port but that Nintendo won't pay for a port yet.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
D3ugV36XkAA6hfw.jpg

Here we go, Bowsette Farewell Orgy for Reggie.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This persona concert thing just sounds like Smash fans latching onto a "relevant" date like they always do only to be proven wrong later, unless I'm missing something?

Because we know Persona 5S info is coming on the 25th too. If the S version is for Switch then dropping Joker around the same time seems likely seeing as Joker is scheduled for some time in April.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Like I remember all those "today is Zelda's 25th anniversary, we HAVE to get a veteran!" and the likes during Smash 4's POTDs.

The difference is that the Atlus is using Persona concert a venue to show off their new Persona 5 projects, Persona 5 The Royal and Persona 5 S, and if datamining is to believed, Smash Joker has some stuff that ties into Persona 5 The Royal.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Cue 20 pages of speculation about something that turns out to be a bunch of mom's exercising.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Because we know Persona 5S info is coming on the 25th too. If the S version is for Switch then dropping Joker around the same time seems likely seeing as Joker is scheduled for some time in April.
imagine if 5S is a straight port and smash has material that connects to a PS4 exclusive release

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't see Joker launching later in April just because of the P5 announcements scheduled then. A Smash character has never been shown off by another company before, why start now? If he does launch in late April it won't be because of that imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.