• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I cant believe Microsoft would betray Nintendo by releasing Cuphead on the PS4.

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about the partnership between Microsoft and Nintendo (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw over Nintendo fans, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the public perception of Microsoft after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Cuphead for any system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.
Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel Cuphead for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

The Three

Sep 11, 2018
Does it have to be a publicly identifiable person? For instance Kelios got actual death threats because people misread or flat out lied about his postings. Something like that wouldn't be considered libel?

One of the key elements of a defamation claim is to establish that the plaintiff was identified. Who actually is Zell / Tsubasa, can you identify who they are? A forum name does not have standing to sue for defamation/ libel, only an actual person does.

Death threats are a different kettle of fish. They would be subject to criminal charges according to the law of the jurisdiction. Is Kelios based in France? Who made the death threats and where are they based? What did the threats actually say?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, I'm a big fan of soup, I'll stand with you. We can be soup brothers!

#TeamSoup will prevail.

Except for Nintendo soup.

without parsnips matzo ball soup is worthless

with parsnips it is a champion

Worthless is a strong word but you're not far off.

One of the key elements of a defamation claim is to establish that the plaintiff was identified. Who actually is Zell / Tsubasa, can you identify who they are? A forum name does not have standing to sue for defamation/ libel, only an actual person does.

Death threats are a different kettle of fish. They would be subject to criminal charges according to the law of the jurisdiction. Is Kelios based in France? Who made the death threats and where are they based? What did the threats actually say?

Interesting, thanks for the info.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I cant believe Microsoft would betray Nintendo by releasing Cuphead on the PS4.

You think that's something? Wait until the announcements of PS4 versions of Mario+Rabbids and Mario & Sonic Olympics.

Nintendo: "Hey! What are you guys doing? Mario is my IP!"

Ubisoft & Sega: "We've been telling you to go third party for years. If you're not gonna do it yourself, we'll do it for you."

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't got any Brazilian/Korean rating or French retailer listings for a quite a while. And we haven't gotany BIG third party announcement for fall 2020 since Kingdom Hearts MoM. As someone who uses Switch as the only platform this wait is killing me. Come on, someone announce something. I don't want WWE 2K Battlegrounds as my only Switch game for 5 effing months.

If third parties are really leaving Switch, that's gonna hurt like hell. I'm not ready for... not playing games.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
So the next stop being in the later half of August make me think no General until September.

POST THIS NEWS F.....'S

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
3D World
Xenoblade X
Both Zelda Remasters
Pikmin 3
Nintendo Land
Pushmo
NES Remix
Yoshi's Whooly World

There's actually a decent amount left to take them to the end of the console's life if they space them out.
I mean, Nintendo Land can't be ported. And we're getting two of those this year, possibly three if we somehow manage to get a Zelda port.

Also, what's Pushmo?

DDark

Jul 13, 2020
So, I wonder if we'll be seeing a Splatoon release this Spring after the Splatfests are done, then. Goes with "S," and there was the 'Save our Salmons' (possible) tease...

...and if so, I wonder if it was always planned this way, or if the next few Splatfests being announced is because the game got pushed closer toward the end of the fiscal year. (They did originally say that Ketchup v. Mayo II was a "one off" special thing, right?)

Description and Picture
Oh man, that sounds and looks really good!

You'll need to get more power to ban #TeamSoup, we come from hearty stock
That'll make them stew!

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Dang the next stop won't be until H2. Nintendo definitely gonna be making the Mario stuff and probably Pikmin 3 announcements on twitter.
Seem like it. This also lends further weight to the idea of the 'next stop' being an Indies Direct, since Nintendo nearly always does an Indies around the time of Gamescom (August 19th last year, for example). I know COVID is messing everything up this year, but Gamescom is still happening online near the end of August, so that's my bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.