• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think the next General Direct will be?

• I still have a fool's hope: August

Votes: 434 31.2%
  • I'm realistic and boring: September

Votes: 491 35.2%
  • I don't like to commit to things: Anytime in 2020

Votes: 157 11.3%
  • I've been hurt too many times: 2021 Onwards

Votes: 311 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Y'know... I truly believe Mother 3 will see a western release within the next 5 years, probably as part of a Mother Collection. I hope it does, too, because the game is fantastic and everyone deserves a chance to play it. I imagine the Magypsies will be renamed/reworked, but that's about it.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Hype is the path to the dark side…hype leads to anger… anger leads to hate… hate leads to suffering. Sigh, much hype I sense in you.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Monday 27th: Mini Direct part 2
Thursday 30th: Animal Crossing update
Thursday 6th: General Direct with a focus on Mario

These are my expectations

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo can't wait too much longer to announce Mario 3D collection if it's coming September, especially September 11.

prizna

Jan 15, 2018
I'm guessing neither are in July. Best to sit tight and wait for August.

My guess: Mini Partner Showcase in August, General Direct in September.
I feel like the Mario Collection will be in a Direct instead of tweeted, and if that's the case, the Direct it's in needs to air before September for pre-order reasons.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
First half of August = Partner showcase
Second half of August = General Direct + indies showcase

Insiders, blink twice if true

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Maybe Pikmin 3 is announced this week. Zell isn't ruling out twitter game announcements
So I guess it's safe to assume/speculate that this week we may get a game announcement (Pikmin 3/Mario Collection) and then early August Mini Partners and either mid/late August or Early September for the main Direct which will make one whole year since the last general Direct.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Ok this is what I think will happen:

Monday 27th: Animal Crossing update
Thursday 30th: Mario All-Stars and 35th anniversary announcements dropped on twitter
Thursday 6th: Mini Direct part 2
Thursday 13th: General Direct with a focus on Mario (they will market it as much as possible, it's the anniversary after all)

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
BTW, Little Devil Inside may be coming to Switch based on their Website. This would be cool, I think it was one of the more interesting titles at the PS5 Event.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
My guess is that the next general Direct won't have as much third party stuff as usual. It's probably easier to do a few at a time in a mini than to do the usual blowout, since each developer is handling this stuff differently. Some are on track and some are probably way behind.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I guess it's safe to assume/speculate that this week we may get a game announcement (Pikmin 3/Mario Collection) and then early August Mini Partners and either mid/late August or Early September for the main Direct which will make one whole year since the last general Direct.
I think that's how it will play out.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
BTW, Little Devil Inside may be coming to Switch based on their Website. This would be cool, I think it was one of the more interesting titles at the PS5 Event.
I just saw that. It's crazy how this was originally Kickstarter for Wii U then Switch and now it's a time console exclusive for PlayStation.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
The Joker and Hero Amiibo release on September 25th in EU/JP and on October 2nd in NA. Amiibos often release on the same day of a new tentpole release.
If this is true, then there is a good chance it will be the new rumored Mario Sports game.
Both games had different release dates for EU and NA so it wouldn't be the first time.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The Joker and Hero Amiibo release on September 25th in EU/JP and on October 2nd in NA. Amiibos often release on the same day of a new tentpole release.
If this is true, then there is a good chance it will be the new rumored Mario Sports game.
Both games had different release dates for EU and NA so it wouldn't be the first time.
Different era. There's no way that a Mario game release in the Switch Era and that it doesn't have a global release. The game that will release at the same time as amiibos will just release at one of those two dates. It happened before too, that amiibos released at different dates depending on regions, the game it released along still had global release.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
My one concern about the eventual Direct is that there'll still be an element of caution. Nintendo won't want to throw out a bunch of 2021 announcements, I think. That being said, September is a good time to lay out the details for October through to March, and give the first glimpse of one or two games coming later in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.