• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
3D Mario collection would be absolutely amazing holiday title but sadly it's already expected to be hindered by both the lack of Galaxy 2 and supposedly minimal effort put into upgrading the titles. I'll prolly grab it if I can't get a PS5 this holiday but I do wish it was something that would blow peoples expectations.

I hope those assumptions are proven wrong. I do kiiiiiinda get the logic of the bundle being about Mario games accross 3 different generations but I think most people at the end of the day would trade Sunshine for Galaxy 2 in a heartbeat, no matter how neat it is to finally get a rerelease of Sunshine.

I suppose they can follow it up with a weirdo collection of Galaxy 2 and 3D Land or something.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Why not just January for 3D World regardless of where the collection falls?
I mean, it's possible. But I remember Grubb saying back in June that Pikmin, the Collection and 3D World were basically finished and good to go. Because of the wording, many news outlets only reported on Pikmin, but Grubb actually said all 3 are ready. They could release it in January of course, but that would leave 2 months of 2020 blank so far. Maybe they just won't have anything, maybe they're going to announce more stuff, but at this point I'd just stick to the rumored games rather than new titles. In fact, I think these 3 ports are the only things we'll get this year. Maybe there's more, but I doubt there will be less - which would be the case if 3DW comes in January. Emily also said that its a good year for the plumber after all.

Ron57

Jul 20, 2020
So just recapping - are we most likely getting SOME kind of a direct before August 22nd? Just based on Grubb's placement of Nintendo in his Summer Game Mess? Wouldn't that mean next week due to the holiday the week after?

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
So just recapping - are we most likely getting SOME kind of a direct before August 22nd? Just based on Grubb's placement of Nintendo in his Summer Game Mess? Wouldn't that mean next week due to the holiday the week after?
The general consensus is that we'll get something for sure until the end of the month.
Something before August 22nd could also be the case. As far as I know, the holidays are actually next week, not the week after. So maybe we won't get anything next week. The idea was that maybe there's an Indie world in the third week and a mini direct (not partner showcase) in the fourth.
Still: the 3D Collection is rumored to come in September, and it would be too late to announce it at the end of the month. So we can either expect some kind of Mario Direct or they drop it on Twitter very very soon.

It's a strange month.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Oh man I would kinda upset if they'd only do a port of Portable.
Wouldn't be much different if they just ported FES.
Either they would need to smush them together to make some ungodly chimera beast of a game or remake it.
But to be honest I'd rather they'd find a way to backport the female MC content to FES and maybe allow for Party control.
But there's other systems that are also different.
Making a straight up remake in P5 style would be basically making a new game, but that would need a big team, and they already took so long with Persona 5 itself.
Atlus should concentrate on new games to be honest, but having only Persona 3 Portable on modern hardware would be very disappointing.
No overworld with only menu navigation outside the dungeon would leave a bad impression with new fans, even if you basically only use the menu near the end of a playthrough of one of the games, because walking just takes so long.
I really think Atlus is considering a P3 remake at some point, or are even doing it. Their surveys keep asking about it (we know those surveys lead to Nocturne remaster), and it has to be one the thing in those surveys that gets the most "yeah I want that, I want a P3 remake" votes
(Also in P5 files there's some leftover datas of the P3 dorm that they recreated in P5)

For the steam port, while yeah its visual novel nature makes it disappointing for every day life, female protag and control party members really makes it up for it imo. Personally I prefer Portable over FES. Personally I don't find the world of Persona 3 interesting to explore, apart from the school that I find rather cool.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I really think Atlus is considering a P3 remake at some point, or are even doing it. Their surveys keep asking about it (we know those surveys lead to Nocturne remaster), and it has to be one the thing in those surveys that gets the most "yeah I want that, I want a P3 remake" votes
(Also in P5 files there's some leftover datas of the P3 dorm that they recreated in P5)

For the steam port, while yeah its visual novel nature makes it disappointing for every day life, female protag and control party members really makes it up for it imo. Personally I prefer Portable over FES. Personally I don't find the world of Persona 3 interesting to explore, apart from the school that I find rather cool.
Weren't those P3 dorm room files in P5 from the dancing games?
Even if those games are made by a different team Atlus would still provide the assets would they?
Best of both worlds for exolorstion would be how P4 Golden or P5 do it where you have a menu to fast travel but can also just walk if you want.
And yeah, they definitely listem what the fans say in those surveys.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Weren't those P3 dorm room files in P5 from the dancing games?
Even if those games are made by a different team Atlus would still provide the assets would they?
Best of both worlds for exolorstion would be how P4 Golden or P5 do it where you have a menu to fast travel but can also just walk if you want.
And yeah, they definitely listem what the fans say in those surveys.
They were in the P5 files but maybe they were actually made for the P3 dancing game yeah, I have no idea.
Yeah I really wanted that in previous games after having played P5 ! It was especially good in P5 because it told you if a confidant was available or not, with the picture of the card in front of the location's name.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Dear Nintendo, withing the next 6 months it would make me very happy if either of these below wishes were granted, doesnt really matter which game because whatever of this would be darn cool!

A brand new mainline Mario game (2D/3D doesnt matter)
A brand new single player IP with a decent Nintendo budget
A brand new Golden Sun
A brand new Monolith Soft game
A brand new 2D Metroid
A brand new Dankey Kang Country
A brand new Punch Out
A brand new Kid Icarus

That would be cool. Thank you.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dear Nintendo, withing the next 6 months it would make me very happy if either of these below wishes were granted, doesnt really matter which game because whatever of this would be darn cool!

A brand new Golden Sun
A brand new 2D Metroid
A brand new Punch Out
A brand new Kid Icarus

Six months?

Good luck with that. Most likely you'll get one out of that list and be happy.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
A strong September through March would be good. The thing is I can still see the majority of software in that time being old content - we know Pikmin 3 and Cadence of Hyrule are coming in October, we can assume both 3D World DX and the 3D Collection land in that six month window, too. If they can get a new game out to join Bravely Default 2 before the end of the calendar year, it'd be good to have one or two new things in the January to March quarter.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

A brand new Golden Sun
A brand new 2D Metroid
A brand new Punch Out
A brand new Kid Icarus

And those are just for an OK year at best.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Whenever I play Smash, play as Joker and the random stage is a Persona stage playing Persona 5 music...it kinda hurts that we will never be able to play the main game on Switch lol.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Is it realistic to expect Fall Guys to release on switch eventually? Probably the best party game to release in the past few years, and it's not on a freaking Nintendo console.

Theworld

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 6, 2020
No one talked about a rushed BotW2.
And it's in development for probably around 3,5 - 4 years now. I don't think we'll have to wait for the end of 2021 to see it release.

I believe the title is close to be ready, but they need to find the perfect timing now, much like AC. They had the engine down, lot of models to reuse, the physic is there too, it's all a matter of how to make it explodes in sales even further than BOTW (if that's possible).

In fact, I think a lot of titles are ready to be released, but Animal Crossing exceptional sales set a tone that they're trying to reproduce for their bigger releases. Just assumptions though.

Ser_Kafka

Mar 23, 2020
Man, I know it's perfectly reasonable with circumstances the way that they are, but it sure is a shame that we seem to be expecting to hit a full year without a General Direct.

Can't remember who exactly said it, but one of the insiders said that the only thing that differentiates a Mini and a General is just how Nintendo names them. Meaning, a Mini carries no less prestige than a General. They just tend to be a little shorter in duration, hence the 'mini'.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Can't remember who exactly said it, but one of the insiders said that the only thing that differentiates a Mini and a General is just how Nintendo names them. Meaning, a Mini carries no less prestige than a General. They just teens to be a little shorter in duration, hence the 'mini'.
Yeah, I know it's not really a lesser presentation - you just start to miss a meatier, more long-form Direct after this long without one.

In some ways a Mini can be better, though, since it's usually more tightly focused and edited.

Captain Oversteer

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 6, 2020
I assume you are referring to the work from home challenges.
Yes. I know it will never be 100% but I am hoping they have caught up to other companies by now. It is my opinion we are headed for two more spikes of worldwide coronavirus cases before the vaccines are widely available.

Your next evolution is convincing others to self ban for a few days. You know....to show support lol

Status
Not open for further replies.