• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The truth about [Hidden Content] is:

• The [Hidden Content] we made along the way

Votes: 151 19.3%
  • What [Hidden Content] said before insiders were run off

Votes: 30 3.8%
  • The Last Jedi

Votes: 152 19.5%
  • Honestly, I feel like user [Hidden Content] posts way too much.

Votes: 95 12.2%
  • [Hidden Content]

Votes: 206 26.4%
  • That's what [Hidden Content] said

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • Lightning [Hidden Content] twice

Votes: 97 12.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
Brazillian Youtuber "Coelho do Japão" just recently posted a video talking about an insider/source that has been contacting him and he pretty much addressed what he got right, what he got wrong and what the insider said could be coming into the future, so here is a bit tl;dr for the ~23 minute, it has A LOTTTT of info:

*Good to remember that the insider isn't 100% reliable! Take everything with a grain of salt [and don't blame the Youtuber, he DOES say he does not trust 100% this "insider", but that he did say some stuff that actually happened.] - By the way, my translation is not 100%, of course, and i did not translate EVERYTHING because some stuff was very confusing. But the stuff i translated should be for the most part correctly translated. I will be linking the video though, if anyone needs to take their own conclusions.

CORRECT:
• The correct date and hour of the latest Mini Direct.

• Something about Zelda showing up soon (and not necessarily a new Zelda) *[This did happen in some form, we got Cadence of Hyrule DLC. Coelho does not mention this in the video though, but it's good to remember] **[Also, there were the OoT trademarks in Australia.]

• A sudden announcement next to Sony's State of Play *[Pikmin 3 Deluxe got announced yesterday.]

Things the "insider" rumored:
• A possible announcement in August anywhere from the 10th (he did not specify if it was a Direct or not) *[This is MY input on the situation, but if we are to take that both the other insider guy and this insider are correct, something is probably getting announced between August 10th and 17th.]

• There is a 2D Metroid being developed by a Spanish company. *[Coelho also mentions on his video that another person that knew about the Mini Direct's date, PH Brazil, hinted about a possible 2D Metroid that, in his words, "The new Metroid i am referring to is going to build up from what the last game for 3DS did."

• "After Pikmin 3, there are still good things to come." *[Coelho also mentions another tweet by PH Brazil, in which he says "After Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World is going to be the next game to be rescued from the Wii U." He also mentions Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Zelda remasters from Wii U, however, it is unclear if PH Brazil meant they are coming to the Switch or if he is just say those are the remaining games that could possibly be coming from the Wii U.]

• Keeping up with the last point, PH Brazil also added on his tweet that "Other releases that Nintendo is preparing until the first half of 2021 include the 3D Collection of Mario games and new Metroid and Fire Emblem titles. *[Coelho says he is not sure if the stuff that PH Brazil said has any correlation with what his insider told him, but it could possibly be related.]

• A new F-Zero game is coming *******[It's VERY important to note that the insider told Coelho about the F-Zero game BEFORE the fake F-Zero account showed up on Twitter. So apparently a new F-Zero game is being developed ever since 2017 by Bandai Namco and is going to include story mode, customization and an online mode, and is being prepared for 2020.

• Apparently Retro Studios is working on two Metroid Prime games, and that is why they are employing so many new people. This would explain why Retro was still employing people for story - It does not necessarily mean they are employing people to write story for Metroid Prime 4, but it could be for MP5 [or another spin-off MP game]

• Square Enix is working on an exclusive KH game for the Switch, that apparently had its development intended for the 3DS, but they stopped the development for 3DS and rebooted the game, this time developing it for the Switch.

• Apparently, Nintendo allowed Donkey Kong to be used by an indie company to make a new game (just like Cadence of Hyrule.)

• A new Mario Strikers is being developed and it is quite far in development, but something happened in the plans and the game got delayed in its announcement/release (the insider also apparently said he is 100% sure a new Mario Strikers is happening).

• In February, the insider received the info that BoTW2 could be seeing a release in November, being the game that Nintendo is most focused on in 2020 [in terms of marketing; this is their big/holiday game.] And the name of the game is being reported "The Legend of Zelda: Prince's Madness"; he does mention however that this is the name that is being given in the beta and could possibly only be a temporary title, and not actually the title of the game *[Coelho also mentions he does not buy into this at all.] **[The insider also says that the title and date could have possibly changed, since the information was received in February of 2020.] ***[Monolith Soft is also apparently helping Nintendo to finish BoTW2, and he also mentions that they are working on another Zelda project, but they don't know if it is a remaster or a port.]

--------------------------------------------
Also, a bit about the insider:
He does not work for Nintendo, but has close friends that work inside Nintendo, he also is not from Brazil. Coelho also says the insider tells him stuff because he likes him.

I also want to note that these are NOT coming from Coelho but an insider. If any of these come out as incorrect, please do not hate on him. He said HIMSELF that he feels like this insider is not that reliable and that a lot of the stuff he says is far-fetched. So do not put the blame on him!
-------------------------------------------
My input: I do not buy into... a lot of this stuff. It is not Coelho's fault though, he is just reporting what he heard about. But this giant amount of information from multiple projects inside a company seems unlikely, unless it is someone from extremely high up i think? I do not think this insider is 100% lying, but he is most likely either guessing stuff or just really blaffing. EDIT: Forgot to insert the video link, sorry! Here it is.

A Nintendo leak coming from Brazil, if it's true, is such a funny story. Another excuse for Nintendo to completely ignore us!

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
See, the coelho stuff I'm still iffy on, but speaking from personal experience, sometimes people do just share stuff with people they like. I know that very well. So it's not unbelievable to me, but at the end of the day it's all speculation. What I've been involved with wasn't leaks or anything, but as close to official info as humanly possible, and that's certainly a big difference.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
But are you really sure Retro is working on 2 Metroid Prime games? They seem to have barely started work on 4.
Unless it's like with Resident Evil 3 Remake where the multiplayer part is kind of a seperate game.
But would Nintendo try to do Multiplayer Metroid again?

Yeah, I'm definitely expecting multiplayer mode of Metroid Prime 4 to be separately released. Could be a multiplayer hero shooter similar to Overwatch, but in here Kanden will be OP. Not Sylux.

Dec 5, 2017
I think megaleaks are really unlikely in general, having worked in large corporations, they are typically segmented, allowing little visibility into other areas of the company.

For example, if I worked on botw2 it is highly unlikely I'd know what next level games was working on, other than maybe a general idea, I highly doubt I'd have the visibility to tell you the title or any details other than a high level concept at best.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that would add a little more mystery to it, but lord, another several-month wait for a several-month wait for another character. My poor fragile pathetic baby boy heart can't take it

I think most of us assumed the character wasn't gonna be shown off until at least September, anyways. Assuming the Mini is near the end of the month, that seems like only a few weeks to wait for.

MondoMega didn't you find something that indicates the next character will be revealed in September or early October or something? Can you post that again? Thanks.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll get any sort of information on 2021 games during the next direct. LIke a tease or something.

I know that this year has been very slow in many regards, and obviously covid didn't help things with development, but given that this next mini or whatever direct could potentially be the last one for 2020, if they'll share any teases of 2021 games or if Nintendo would just decide to put that sort of info in a Jan 2021 direct instead.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they announce the Mario remasters soon, im so interested to see them in action

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
So if there's really a general Mini this month, that rules out a full general Direct in September, right?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I was trying to work out why you do this to yourself, then I remembered confession is good for the soul.
"It's just for the meme," he said, nervously shifting where he stood. "I don't feel guilty," he guiltily said. "I don't need to confess anything, I'm completely fine. I don't need any validation," desperately seeking validation.

drewchebag

Mar 11, 2018
• Keeping up with the last point, PH Brazil also added on his tweet that "Other releases that Nintendo is preparing until the first half of 2021 include the 3D Collection of Mario games and new Metroid and Fire Emblem titles. *[Coelho says he is not sure if the stuff that PH Brazil said has any correlation with what his insider told him, but it could possibly be related.]
New Metroid and Fire Emblem in first half of 2021 would be so good but I refuse to get hyped.

blacktout

Jan 16, 2018
So, given the info circulating right now, it seems like there are two likely-ish scenarios for August:

Scenario 1:
- Indie presentation
- Direct Mini (including Mario announcements and third party titles)

Scenario 2:
- Mario presentation
- Indie presentation
- Partner Showcase

I guess there's another scenario where we get an indie presentation and a partner showcase and the Mario news gets dropped in September, but that kind of conflicts with the rumor that the 3D Collection is coming in September, unless it's a digital-only title.

EditorMax

Aug 5, 2020
I think most of us assumed the character wasn't gonna be shown off until at least September, anyways. Assuming the Mini is near the end of the month, that seems like only a few weeks to wait for.

MondoMega didn't you find something that indicates the next character will be revealed in September or early October or something? Can you post that again? Thanks.
I'm assuming it's the concept of the Amiibo releases lining up with character reveals/releases, yes?

Samus95

Jun 18, 2020
Maybe Retro hope to kickstart a new Trilogy? So they need to expand in order to face both Prime 4 and maybe start soon after Prime 5 for Switch 2?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Actually, this one has the least bullshit in it. Nintendo took MP4 away from Namco Singapore, they could have given them different project if they were still contracted. F-Zero makes sense, Namco Singapore is actually a racing game studio, made couple of Ridge Racer games. An F-Zero by Ridge Racer devs.... that doesn't sound bad at all.
Let's hope if it's real that it wasn't canned lol

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
If 3D collection was pushed to next year then this year is a complete disaster for first-party releases.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
With Indies rumoured soon, I hope we get an update on Ghost of a Tale.

Spring 2020 ended a fair few months ago. I understand quarantine through everything for a loop but I hope we can get a release date before the end of the year. Ideally I'd love to play my Redwall-esque story sometime in autumn.

If 3D collection was pushed to next year then this year is a complete disaster for first-party releases.

Technically they said all games internally dated for FY2020 haven't been delayed because of COVID, so even if it releases before April 2021, Nintendo would still count it as an ontime release.

That being said, no one rationally considers those first three months of the new year as part of the current year, and I'll be right there with you rioting over an abysmal first party release output if the anniversary got delayed to early 2021. Honestly I'd still be concerned even if there wasn't a pandemic with the kind of releases were seeing so far.

C.Tsubasa

Nov 8, 2017
isn't it a bit early for a new Fire Emblem? maybe a remake? i find it very hard to believe the coelho stuff but who knows.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Brazillian Youtuber "Coelho do Japão" just recently posted a video talking about an insider/source that has been contacting him and he pretty much addressed what he got right, what he got wrong and what the insider said could be coming into the future, so here is a bit tl;dr for the ~23 minute, it has A LOTTTT of info:

*Good to remember that the insider isn't 100% reliable! Take everything with a grain of salt [and don't blame the Youtuber, he DOES say he does not trust 100% this "insider", but that he did say some stuff that actually happened.] - By the way, my translation is not 100%, of course, and i did not translate EVERYTHING because some stuff was very confusing. But the stuff i translated should be for the most part correctly translated. I will be linking the video though, if anyone needs to take their own conclusions.

CORRECT:
• The correct date and hour of the latest Mini Direct.

• Something about Zelda showing up soon (and not necessarily a new Zelda) *[This did happen in some form, we got Cadence of Hyrule DLC. Coelho does not mention this in the video though, but it's good to remember] **[Also, there were the OoT trademarks in Australia.]

• A sudden announcement next to Sony's State of Play *[Pikmin 3 Deluxe got announced yesterday.]

Things the "insider" rumored:
• A possible announcement in August anywhere from the 10th (he did not specify if it was a Direct or not) *[This is MY input on the situation, but if we are to take that both the other insider guy and this insider are correct, something is probably getting announced between August 10th and 17th.]

• There is a 2D Metroid being developed by a Spanish company. *[Coelho also mentions on his video that another person that knew about the Mini Direct's date, PH Brazil, hinted about a possible 2D Metroid that, in his words, "The new Metroid i am referring to is going to build up from what the last game for 3DS did."

• "After Pikmin 3, there are still good things to come." *[Coelho also mentions another tweet by PH Brazil, in which he says "After Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World is going to be the next game to be rescued from the Wii U." He also mentions Xenoblade Chronicles X and the Zelda remasters from Wii U, however, it is unclear if PH Brazil meant they are coming to the Switch or if he is just say those are the remaining games that could possibly be coming from the Wii U.]

• A new F-Zero game is coming *******[It's VERY important to note that the insider told Coelho about the F-Zero game BEFORE the fake F-Zero account showed up on Twitter. So apparently a new F-Zero game is being developed ever since 2017 by Bandai Namco and is going to include story mode, customization and an online mode, and is being prepared for 2020.

• Apparently Retro Studios is working on two Metroid Prime games, and that is why they are employing so many new people. This would explain why Retro was still employing people for story - It does not necessarily mean they are employing people to write story for Metroid Prime 4, but it could be for MP5 [or another spin-off MP game]

• Square Enix is working on an exclusive KH game for the Switch, that apparently had its development intended for the 3DS, but they stopped the development for 3DS and rebooted the game, this time developing it for the Switch.

• Apparently, Nintendo allowed Donkey Kong to be used by an indie company to make a new game (just like Cadence of Hyrule.)

• A new Mario Strikers is being developed and it is quite far in development, but something happened in the plans and the game got delayed in its announcement/release (the insider also apparently said he is 100% sure a new Mario Strikers is happening).

• In February, the insider received the info that BoTW2 could be seeing a release in November, being the game that Nintendo is most focused on in 2020 [in terms of marketing; this is their big/holiday game.] And the name of the game is being reported "The Legend of Zelda: Prince's Madness"; he does mention however that this is the name that is being given in the beta and could possibly only be a temporary title, and not actually the title of the game *[Coelho also mentions he does not buy into this at all.] **[The insider also says that the title and date could have possibly changed, since the information was received in February of 2020.] ***[Monolith Soft is also apparently helping Nintendo to finish BoTW2, and he also mentions that they are working on another Zelda project, but they don't know if it is a remaster or a port.]

--------------------------------------------
Also, a bit about the insider:
He does not work for Nintendo, but has close friends that work inside Nintendo, he also is not from Brazil. Coelho also says the insider tells him stuff because he likes him.

I also want to note that these are NOT coming from Coelho but an insider. If any of these come out as incorrect, please do not hate on him. He said HIMSELF that he feels like this insider is not that reliable and that a lot of the stuff he says is far-fetched. So do not put the blame on him!
-------------------------------------------
My input: I do not buy into... a lot of this stuff. It is not Coelho's fault though, he is just reporting what he heard about. But this giant amount of information from multiple projects inside a company seems unlikely, unless it is someone from extremely high up i think? I do not think this insider is 100% lying, but he is most likely either guessing stuff or just really blaffing. EDIT: Forgot to insert the video link, sorry! Here it is.

Parts of it seem okay. And other parts seem very suspect. It kinda feels like logical guesses from things we already know rather than actual inside information.

Like there is a lot of qualifying going on with things he supposedly should know. The thing I do like is Retro working on a 2nd Metroid game, because that's the only rationale to have their game being delayed/held back and from a fan perspective we'd much rather believe they have 2 games rather than cancelled projects.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
isn't it a bit early for a new Fire Emblem? maybe a remake? i find it very hard to believe the coelho stuff but who knows.
Doubt there would be an entirely original FE so soon after 3H and it's dlc.

Remake is more likely but then we're left wondering if it would be of 4 which is chronologically the next one, or 6 which is what the director of SoV apparently wanted to do.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i keep hoping for silksong to show up in an indie direct but it seems like it's too big of a deal for those presentations :(

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I will fucking die if we get FE4R news

Seisen_no_Keifu.jpg

And what do you know, next year is the 25th anniversary of this game.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
There were some people talking about that there some 3DS games in developement at Intelligent Systems before they shifted everything to Switch.
Paper Mario was done all by them right? Three Houses was largely outsourced so maybe they did have some people free for other stuff?
I still think this huge list of info is kinda suspect.

prizna

Jan 15, 2018
I don't really know how Nintendo does their marketing, but coming from a consumers point of view, wouldn't it make more sense to have announced Pikmin 3 Deluxe 'after' the mario collection? I feel like as soon as the mario collection gets announced, a lot of people will forget about Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
If I never played Pikmin 3's dlc, is deluxe worth it for that alone? I also got this game for free for buying MK8 back then so I won't feel too bad other than paying for a Switch port with no seemingly graphical upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.