• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
Somebody said that during the Zelda concerts, Nintendo teased skyward sword HD, can anyone find this footage?

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I'm meant to be moving to America from northern England (was meant to be July, but will be January at the earliest). Moving to Austin, Texas - I am not looking forward to the summer.

Should I forsake the metric system now, or will I be able to bluff my way through life?
It's usually not too hard to approximately convert. Multiply by 1.5 for miles -> km. Multiply by 2.5 for inches -> cm. Divide by 30 for oz - g. That last one is harder, but it's fairly rare to need to talk about weight. Going kg -> lb is just kinda doubling it. When it comes to your own weight and height you just need to learn the new numbers, since they won't change too much.

For temperature, I would advise against converting because the scale is weird (F = 9C/5 + 32). It's better just to relearn.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
I missed the A Short Hike convo.

Has anybody gotten all 20 feathers and gotten the acheivement for it yet?

I think my file is bugged because I swesr to god, I got all 20 gold feathers. Even triple checked. Still shows only 19 gotten though.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Sempre recordaré que es diu ós rentador gràcies al Doraemon. L'anime marcant la meva vida ja des de ben petit lol
"He dit que no soc un ós rentadoooor" xD. Same here, watching anime since I was a kid (K3/3XL whatever it was) thanks to the amazing work the Tv3 group did localizing tons of classic anime. I remember them broadcasting Ranma 1/2 during the lunch time, an anime that has lots of explicit erotic content (basically tits twice per episode). What a time to be alive.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
I missed the A Short Hike convo.

Has anybody gotten all 20 feathers and gotten the acheivement for it yet?

I think my file is bugged because I swesr to god, I got all 20 gold feathers. Even triple checked. Still shows only 19 gotten though.
You're the only person I've seen discuss completing it. Have you got all of the ones you can buy?

Jan 2, 2018
Some funny quotes about the German language Raccoon

Mark Twain:

"Never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German."
"In German, a young lady [das Mädchen] has no sex, but a turnip [die Rübe] has."
"[...]a gifted person ought to learn English (barring spelling and pronouncing) in 30 hours, French in 30 days, and German in 30 years."

I own his book "The Awful German Language". It's funny.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
changing standards is fucking difficult and I feel like that's overlooked by the "lol look at how dumb Americans are" crowd

of course the metric system makes more sense, but that'd be a massive change that our country isn't equipped to undertake. we have the highest covid deaths of any country, it's a socioeconomic disaster, our infrastructure is outdated and falling apart anyway. we've got a lot of shit to fix before we get around to making our measurements prettier
Yeah, when you get into construction, absolutely everything from the lumber mill on is based on inches and feet. It would be a massive undertaking to try to get that entire industry to switch.
This is the correct take. There are many more pressing issues than our numbers being different from the rest of the world when it comes to temperature and how far apart things are lol.

If it works for us it works and converting isn't difficult. Retooling your intuition about numbers is difficult though and is why we still use the imperial system in the majority of cases. It's extremely important for engineers, construction workers, pipe fitters, etc. that they have intuition about numbers they're using/reporting and that comes from years of using those numbers.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Only 3D Zelda games I have played were OoT MM on 3ds and Botw. I'm looking forward to playing Skyward Sword.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm not a tall boy unfortunately but I at least have fairly broad shoulders and a thicc ass rib cage which may make me seem shorter but I also seem a little less puny?

thank you for coming to my ted talk I guess

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I probably liked Skyward Sword more than most (at least on Era) but it's really one of those games that needs a considerable amount of work even beyond the controls. Knowing Nintendo, I'm not sure they will invest it though.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018

tenor.gif

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Yes. I've gotten all the gold feathers, as far as I can tell by referencing multiple guides.
Outside of revisiting all of them in order, I don't have any other suggestions. Sorry :-(
I'm not a tall boy unfortunately but I at least have fairly broad shoulders and a thicc ass rib cage which may make me seem shorter but I also seem a little less puny?

thank you for coming to my ted talk I guess
Loved it! It has the advantage over actual TED talks of not being 500 fucking years long

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Mark Twain:

"Never knew before what eternity was made for. It is to give some of us a chance to learn German."
"In German, a young lady [das Mädchen] has no sex, but a turnip [die Rübe] has."
"[...]a gifted person ought to learn English (barring spelling and pronouncing) in 30 hours, French in 30 days, and German in 30 years."

I own his book "The Awful German Language". It's funny.
I started learning Japanese last year and uhhhh

German is easy, Mr. Twain :P

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
They'll include a motrion plus controller with the game and call it a day. And they'll slap a "it doesn't work in handheld mode" sticker on the box.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite example of American exceptionalism is asking people where they're from, or where they live. It came up in this thread or the previous OT. You get answers like

"South Germany"
"London"
"Italy"
"Richmond, Virginia"

Most people will give a major geographic area, a whole country, or a major city. Americans will almost always do city-state, as though the whole world should not only be familiar with all 50 states but the cities inside them.

I'm sure 99% of people that answer with their city and state are doing so out of habit because that's how we say where we are from when talking to other people in the States. They're not thinking about exceptionalism or expect people to know where their state is. In fact, it's probably more of a courtesy to you since you're more likely to know the general location of a state as opposed to some tiny town in the middle of nowhere.

It's amazing the extend people here overthink things. Imagine how insane you would look in real life if someone told you where they were from and you started going into a rant about American exceptionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.