• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is 13 our luck number?

• Yes

Votes: 352 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 263 24.6%
  • Dill Spowser

Votes: 303 28.3%
  • Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I was going to sleep last night, than i thought it may be Eternal Darkness and i said to myself i shouldn't sleep.

Maybe when its Zero hour i can go sleep before sunshine, than i just went to party to play sport games.

For the love of god, not everything i say is a hint, yes i played mario party for 640 hours and that wasn't a hint for anything.

Endless Ocean such a lost cause it can't even get a joke hint.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
The Jeff guy is giving himself a 30 day window of wiggle room. Even then, he can claim it's just a wild card, so it was never guaranteed. 😑😑😑

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Making a top 10 of all time is HARD. I think I managed to make a top 10 of the last decade, but that's as far out as I've gotten. I'd really have to work at it to do a top 10 ever
Yeah, I've made a top 10 favorite games of the decade list, but I struggle to make a top 10 favorite games ever list. I'd need to dedicate an entire day to think about that haha

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
The Jeff guy is giving himself a 30 day window of wiggle room. Even then, he can claim it's just a wild card, so it was never guaranteed. 😑😑😑

There have been multiple people saying next week. I feel like many of you are deliberately cherry picking the worse case scenarios just so you can feel depressed.

billmo

May 19, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Or,

I was going to sleep last night, than i thought it may be Eternal Darkness and i said to myself i shouldn't sleep.

Maybe when its Zero hour i can go sleep before sunshine, than i just went to party to play sport games.

For the love of god, not everything i say is a hint, yes i played mario party for 640 hours and that wasn't a hint for anything.

barbatus

Jul 31, 2020
You guys have any relatively obscure games in your top 5/10 of all time list? Edit: by "relatively obscure" I mean something that you don't find in many top 10 lists, or even like top 100 or 1000 lists.

I think I've decided Might and Magic 7 belongs somewhere in the top 10. All that WRPG discussion earlier made me think of it.
Grim fandango for me... it's my favorite point and click ever

Aug 6, 2020
Or,

I couldn't see what was right before my eyes!

Anyways, random top 10 games put together in five minutes:

• Persona 5: The Royal
  • Paper Mario: TTYD
  • Paper Mario 64
  • Skyrim
  • Animal Crossing
  • GTA V
  • Dying Light
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (Original)
  • Goof Troop

OP
OP
BozPaggs

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Or,

Zero... Zero Mission... GBA Online confirmed!!!

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
There have been multiple people saying next week. I feel like many of you are deliberately cherry picking the worse case scenarios just so you can feel depressed.
There's plenty of things I could feel depressed about, video games isn't one of them.

Again, I'm expecting a direct soon, there's too much rumbling, but that particular tweet really isn't doing much for me.

Don't think my post is unreasonable.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

The sunshine will rise anew tomorrow, but the galaxy is forever. May there be 64 days remaining until the unknown tundra arrives. The Captain of Tsubasa scores a goal and the team wins.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
Bookmark this post and I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong about any of this.
There will never be:

Any more themes, basic or special like the 3ds on the Switch.

No Xenoblade profile icons on the Switch

No eshop music like Wii or WiiU on the Switch

No folders on the Switch

No messaging service between friends on the Switch that aren't preselected by Nintendo i.e hello do you want to play?

I wish I was wrong but I know this is the truth. Maybe we'll get some of this on a hypothetical Switch pro or the Switch 2
Ah, but that's where you're wrong! Nintendo will add a Dunban profile picture so they can have another tweet of "That's Dunban over there!" But with an image of the profile picture now!

Oct 25, 2017
The sunshine will rise anew tomorrow, but the galaxy is forever. May there be 64 days remaining until the unknown tundra arrives. The Captain of Tsubasa scores a goal and the team wins.
50c34aae732c2c87bec85f8725bf2195.jpg

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020

The real question is, how did you put 640hrs in

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I love it. 3D Zelda are the ones I prefer, but I have fond memories of Minish Cap, and I absolutely love Link Between Worlds.
Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece, it's imo still to this day one of the best paced adventure game ever. No filler, the whole game is just incredible, what an incredible adventure.

Majora's Mask was, before BOTW, my favorite one. I'm a huge horror enthusiast, and even as a kid before I became someone who love everything horror, this one was the one that I liked the most. It's probably the reason why I like horror so much actually. The setting, the weird and creepy world, the 3 days mechanics, the side quests that requires you to understand the people's routine... It's incredible. It's a very intense game though. I usually play it every 5 or 6 years, I can't replay it every year, unlike Ocarina Of Time for instance (last year I even replayed OoT 3 times in a row !)

I love Wind Waker. I don't have much to say, it's an incredible game, love the feeling of the sea. I think they really nailed the feeling of loneliness that comes with an adventure like this. Sure the king is with you, but I still feel really lonely on this gigantic sea, it's a great mood.

Twilight Princess I'm not the greatest fan but I remember being REALLY impressed by the city back when it released. It's so alive, full of people, it's great. One of the best town in the whole franchise imo.

Skyward Sword never played it unfortunately ! I don't have a Wiimote Plus :(

Breath of the Wild is the best game ever. I say it often, it's along with MGS V the only true next gen open world game we got. The amount of freedom, of experimentation, of interactivity is just insane and incredible. The world is cohesive, interesting to explore, huge. This whole game lets you tell your whole own story. It's just incredible. I love to just use the function on the map to see where you went, rewind it at the very beginning, and just being reminded of my whole adventure, where I went, etc.

As for BOTW2, I'm hoping the trailer is indicative of horror elements being back like in Majora's !!! Can't wait ! The music being backward, the spooky cavern, Ganon zombie... I hope there's lot of spooky and weird stuff !!
It's pretty shocking how similar our opinions and experiences are! Majora's Mask, Breath of the Wild, and Ocarina of Time are my top 3. Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time, though I concede that BotW and possibly OoT are better games. Wind Waker is superb, but doesn't quite hit the highs of the aforementioned 3 for me. Twilight Princess is a really good game, but it's never been my favorite Zelda by any stretch, though I'm excited to revisit it whenever it hits Switch. I also never played Skyward Sword for that exact reason! I was burned out pretty hard on my Switch by 2011 and I certainly wasn't going to pay for Wiimote +. Fingers crossed super tight that BotW evokes MM in tone and atmosphere!!!
You guys have any relatively obscure games in your top 5/10 of all time list? Edit: by "relatively obscure" I mean something that you don't find in many top 10 lists, or even like top 100 or 1000 lists.

I think I've decided Might and Magic 7 belongs somewhere in the top 10. All that WRPG discussion earlier made me think of it.
I don't know if it's necessarily obscure, but I'm pretty confident Playdead's Inside is in my top 10. Possibly the best indie ever made imo.

Yeah, it's really getting ridiculous lol. I can see why you take breaks from the thread

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Let me tell you why Might and Magic 7 is both criminally underrated and under...known?

-There's no better feeling of progression in an RPG than in this game.

Your start off with a party of 4 that you create, giving them a race, class, and distribute stats and skills. Now, skills are the secret best part of this game. Every class has different skills they can master differently. Meaning, many classes can learn the leather armor skill but only some can increase to expert level, even fewer can get to master level and only one can reach grandmaster.

You put points into these skills and they increase various stats, like adding points to leather armor at novice level reduces the cooldown by that many points after you get hit. Doing it at expert level adds a point to your armor class for each point. Then at master each point adds to your elemental resistances. Then at grandmaster all of the previous bonuses are doubled (aka the points put into the skill are effectively doubled).

Now, apply this to all like 25 skills in the game, ranging from simple weapon skills (sword, bow) to the schools of magic (fire, air) to things like alchemy and identify item. All of the skills confer different bonuses as you add points to them and as you level them up to higher tiers.

Now, here's the twist- leveling up your skill requires you to have a certain amount of points (4 for expert, 7 for master, 10 for grandmaster) but also requires you to find a teacher somewhere out in the world. And pay them. The game is designed very well in this respect, the early areas have a lot of expert teachers in most of the towns, but master teachers are hard to find, and grandmaster teachers can only be found/used after doing a quest for them. So in that way progression is heavily tied to exploration.

Not only are skills upgradable like this, but so are classes. You can start out as a Paladin but upon exploring a bit you'll find someone who will promote you to Crusader if you complete his quest to slay a particular blue dragon. This promotion unlocks new skill levels for you and substantially increases many of your stats. Then after a story choice you will be able to do another promotion quest to become either a Hero or a Villain.

Leveling up in general requires you to find a training center and pay them a small fee for each level you've earned (you need the requisite amount of xp for each level). Leveling up gives you more HP and MP and 1 skill point each time. But more often than not you'll find yourself leveling up each character like 5 times per visit to the training center, which is a lot of fun.

All of this makes for extremely satisfying progression because while you're slowly putting in the work of killing monsters and getting XP you know that these huge instant payoffs are waiting for you. And the entire game is like that. Finding a new spell shop can instantly change the way you play. Learning the "fly" spell basically lets you stay permanently out of reach from melee attacks and lets you explore like a whole new 20% of the game, instantly. Learning town portal lets you instantly teleport to any then previously visited, when previously you'd have to walk or take some kind of transportation which costs money and uses food (the trips take days).

Basically, you get these instant, huge progression advances throughout the game, constantly. It's unlike almost any other RPG I've ever played in that respect (barring M&M6 and 8)

This has been part 1 of why more people need to play Might and Magic 7. Tune in next time for part 2, story!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
Haven't been around these parts much lately. More direct rumors I see. Is it going to actually happen this time dudes and dudettes?

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
We are probably never getting a Zelda maker but I would absolutely love one.
Would you really? Let's think about this. Most Mario Maker levels are just awful. Mario is much simpler to design. They also did a rudimentary dungeon maker in Link's Awakening, and it seems the general consensus was that it's so bad that nothing at all would have been preferable. So would you really want a Zelda maker?

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
Mine's a Top 13 because I am indecisive.

* Yoshi's Island
* Hollow Knight
* Chrono Trigger
* Stardew Valley
* Pokémon Platinum
* Breath of the Wild
* Pikmin 2
* Wario Land 4
* Thousand Year Door
* Ghost Trick
* Okami
* Burnout 3