• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I want...

• Nintendo First Party |OT|

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Nintendo |OT|

Votes: 37 9.6%
  • Nintendo Speculation |OT|

Votes: 160 41.7%
  • Nintendo General Discussion |OT|

Votes: 175 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I agree with your professor in this case.
You can watch YouTube and some blockbusters on you phone, but such a movie? That's a bummer. Do you plan to get yourself a TV or new Laptop?
Oh yeah I agree, I really don't want to watch it on my phone lol
I do have a TV, I wanted to connect my laptop to the TV with the HDMI cable.
Might get a new laptop yeah.
But as a student, that's a lot of money to spend to get a new one. Will see what I do !

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to watch Tokyo Drifters, by Seijun Suzuki.
tumblr_o12onjEhOQ1qagdiqo1_400.gifv

Great choice! Make sure to also check out Branded to Kill if you haven't already.

Part of me was hoping that you were watching Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster, though. I just love that it's on the Criterion Channel.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Great choice! Make sure to also check out Branded to Kill if you haven't already.

Part of me was hoping that you were watching Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster, though. I just love that it's on the Criterion Channel.
Yeah Branded to Kill is a classic, I have already watched it a bunch of times ! Joe Shishido is a legend, RIP.

Ahah I haven't seen this one though :p there's a lot of kaiju films on Criterion, that's dope !

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Speaking of Joe Shishido, another one of his legendary films he stars in is A Colt is My Passport, you should watch this one if you're interested in modern era (1950-1980) japanese films !
p_ld3a.gif

Japan and Italy are my two absolute favorite countries when it comes to cinema.
Especially the modern era, from the end of World War 2 to the 70s~80s.
Rocco and his Brothers, by Visconti, is one of my favorite film. Also love Antonioni's films, Rossellini's...
I also love contemporan japanese films, I'm a huge huge fan of Takeshi Kitano and Juzo Itami. Hana-Bi by Kitano and Tampopo by Itami are films that I constantly recommend to people. My first avatar on Era back in 2018 was Kitano in Hana-Bi by the way, maybe some remember it !
hana-bi-takeshi-kitano-critique-film-une.jpg

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Hmmm...I wonder if the Partner Showcase is tomorrow Tuesday considering according to data mining, Apex Legends may be releasing on Switch on the 15th with cross play which is tomorrow.

On a different note, a evil thought just came up lol. Imagine if we do we get a Partner Showcase however...MH Switch is only announced at Japan's Partner Showcase. I highly doubt that will happen but sometimes, the Japanese Partner Showcase has way more content and announcements.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Imagine if we do we get a Partner Showcase however...MH Switch is only announced at Japan's Partner Showcase. I highly doubt that will happen but sometimes, the Japanese Partner Showcase has way more content and announcements.
Why would they do that lol, they're not going to not announce the probably biggest third party game the Switch will ever get in just the japanese direct, they would be crazy to do so lol

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Hmmm...I wonder if the Partner Showcase is tomorrow Tuesday considering according to data mining, Apex Legends may be releasing on Switch on the 15th with cross play which is tomorrow.

On a different note, a evil thought just came up lol. Imagine if we do we get a Partner Showcase however...MH Switch is only announced at Japan's Partner Showcase. I highly doubt that will happen but sometimes, the Japanese Partner Showcase has way more content and announcements.
I doubt that, Monster Hunter World is Capcoms bestselling game if you don't count all the different versions of Street Fighter 2 and it jsut got the series its big break outside of Japan.
I doubt they would let the chance to promote it to the West in a Partner Showcase when they have have TGS for Japan already.
Just dropping a Trailer on Twitter would also work, but the Partner Showcase would get them more eyes on it.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I think only the first partner showcase had a big discrepancy between Japan and the rest of the world and was likely down to those companies not having localised material ready in time for the Direct (most of the announcements were for games which are releasing globally, few Japan-only announcements). In the case of Monster Hunter and Capcom - especially the first post-World MH game - you'd expect them to have both the resources and the desire to make a global announcement. If Nintendo are involved with marketing or publishing the release outside of Japan, that increases the chances of a global announcement.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
So Mario Trailer Soon for a november release direct to VOD, right ?

xD

Congrats =D
Be carefull with social distancing
Good luck! ^_^ I'm sure you will "crush it" :)
good luck! sounds exciting.
Good luck, Dragoncaine! Crush it and stay safe! (Masks on and wash hands frequently, don't sanitize too much)
Good luck! I hope the movie turns out to be better than "The Binge," the dude's last film.
Thank you! And totally agreed. I worked on that one as well, and I can tell you with confidence he was clearly just a gun for hire that couldn't save a very lackluster script lol
Great, dude! Ya know, keep a right set etiquette, be always ready to get things done, always be one step ahead the rest of the team and of course have fun. I miss my days of working on big sets. Such a fascinating world.

Thanks so much for all the support, everyone! Starting in a half hour

Sep 8, 2020
There is no greater feeling in the working day for me than when I stack my work apps at the end of the day and Command-Q them all to oblivion

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We already discussed how the 16h briefing is going to be slam session for Japanese third parties. Furukawa is going to bust out the graphs and call out producers by name, putting them on blast.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The acquisition is Nintendo buying Japan.
As the richest company in the country they have rightful claim to it and anyone that stands against them will feel the ninjas wrath.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I think the event on the 16th is about Nintendo's plan to expand the reach of their core IPs via licensing, merchandising and multimedia project.

Maybe we will get the Xenoblade anime I lust

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
My reward for finishing CrossCode yesterday was getting the first two Civ 6 expansions while they were discounted. Think I'm gonna start a campaign as the Maori tonight, aiming for a cultural or religious victory. Actually prefer portable mode Civ on my Switch to playing it on PC, even if the start-up loading times are on the long side.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you jinxed this and for what god known reasons the "CLAW" returns, i will find you and i will take away your Switch and make you play the PSP MonHuns with the original claw while giving you a condemning look.

;_;
Try playing the PS2 ones with the original claw. D-Pad camera, left stick to move, right stick to attack. It's truly galaxy brain controls.

(I'm not joking, button-based attacks were a portable-only thing in the first two gens.)

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I think the event on the 16th is about Nintendo's plan to expand the reach of their core IPs via licensing, merchandising and multimedia project.
That seems the most realistic to me. Having a meeting for Miyamoto's retirement or for an acquisition seems unnecessary (unless it was some massive acquisition or a new technology that they're expanding to).

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Never realized how much of a dream team the team of leads of Super Mario World was.
Standing, from left to right : Katsuya Eguchi, Toshioki Nakago, Toshio Iwawaki.

Sitting, from left to right : Takashi Tezuka, Hideki Konno, Kazuaki Morita, Shigehiro Kasamatsu (? I think ?), Shigefume Hino.

Tell me if I have mistaken someone.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Do we usually get anything on these briefings?
As far as I'm aware, this is the first briefing if it's type. They usually only talk to investors at the end of a quarter/year.
This is a bit out of the blue and not really tied to financials specifically.
So we have no idea what to expect outside of it not being about a game or hardware announcement.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

Maybe we will get the Xenoblade anime I lust
I mean there were hints in some Fire Emblem Heroes art of Lucina that a new Fire Emblem ANime could be coming.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
As far as I'm aware, this is the first briefing if it's type. They usually only talk to investors at the end of a quarter/year.
This is a bit out of the blue and not really tied to financials specifically.
So we have no idea what to expect outside of it not being about a game or hardware announcement.
I see. So anything can happen. :3

Never realized how much of a dream team the team of leads of Super Mario World was.
Standing, from left to right : Katsuya Eguchi, Toshioki Nakago, Toshio Iwawaki.

Sitting, from left to right : Takashi Tezuka, Hideki Konno, Kazuaki Morita, Shigehiro Kasamatsu (? I think ?), Shigefume Hino.

Tell me if I have mistaken someone.

That picture is really nice. Poor Yoshi is getting strangled. :(

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How did Capcom survive past the PS2 and PSP? It's truly mind boggling.
I can theoretically understand it with the PSP (and vanilla 3DS), since there was no right stick to control the camera with. But considering MH Portable and MH2 were in development at the same time, it seems crazy to me that MH2 wouldn't have taken MHP's improved control scheme on board, freeing up the right stick for camera control. I guess the dev teams just weren't really communicating.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I don't need to save the date - 3D All-Stars is already preloaded. Better get some work done before Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.