• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
MPT is coming, there's too much smoke at this point. But since it could release in 3 months or in 3 years, it's better not to expect anything and be pleasantly surprised.
That being said, I think that they could have gotten away with almost straight ports in HD of the three games for 60 euros, had they released early this year with a full Metroid Prime 4 releasing in 2020 as originally planned.
With MP4 being now far off, and MPT being pushed back alongside, I believe that those ports may be more heavily re-worked than originally planned. I have of course nothing to support this.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about people that just subbed recently? I hope the price is reduced for them and they don't have resub again for the new full price

Like example new sub with nes+snes 30$ a year

Existing members that already have sub can upgrade your sub for 10$
That'd be a good incentive for those who already have it, but tbh I think it'll only cost $5 more for SNES games.

Jethro

Oct 30, 2017
So next week is gamescom in cologne Germany. Besides a few new trailers I expect a new european NindieShowcase like last year and then in September the next general Direct.

Kidgalactus

Oct 30, 2017
Orlando
Game Freak also had never released Pokémon RPGs 4 years in a row until now. That's because now Pokémon is a truly annual franchise and before there were 1 year breaks every generation.

That said, I think DLC for SWSH is more likely than DP. But we will definitely get either of these options next year.

I think a remake makes sense, but I'd also expect it to be an earlier gen remake in the style of Let's Go.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MPT is coming, there's too much smoke at this point. But since it could release in 3 months or in 3 years, it's better not to expect anything and be pleasantly surprised.
That being said, I think that they could have gotten away with almost straight ports in HD of the three games for 60 euros, had they released early this year with a full Metroid Prime 4 releasing in 2020 as originally planned.
With MP4 being now far off, and MPT being pushed back alongside, I believe that those ports may be more heavily re-worked than originally planned. I have of course nothing to support this.
Considering they released a port of an old game for $60 when the original was $50, I think we can safely say MPT will be $60.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the SNES addition would amount to a much higher price increase. if anything, I think there'll be 2 tiers of pricing
  • $20 - NES/SNES
  • $50 - NES/SNES/N64/GCN
of course, that's just me being hopeful.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
We'll see in a few months, or a few years.
Or decades.
Or whatever.
But yes, it seems MPT is real and will eventually be released. I would bet on it either being released on a "dead" month. If Pikmin 3 port is coming this fiscal year, I guess it could be a December/January game, so MPT could fill a Feb/April void, considering there is nothing set for those months

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I don't think the SNES addition would amount to a much higher price increase. if anything, I think there'll be 2 tiers of pricing
  • $20 - NES/SNES
  • $50 - NES/SNES/N64/GCN
of course, that's just me being hopeful.

N64 maybe but I think Nintendo would sell GCN games on the eShop individually because they could price them much higher.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Forgot about Town. Might be their December game. Would be weird to have two GameFreak games back to back though
but Town won't be published by Nintendo and is an eShop title. It could surely be a december release, but it doesn't seem like Nintendo would build a release schedule around it

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh yea, I also forgot about handhelds
  • $20 - NES/SNES/GB/GBC
  • $50 - all the above and GBA/N64/GCN
N64 maybe but I think Nintendo would sell GCN games on the eShop individually because they could price them much higher.
I don't think there's too much to pull from. by GCN, they can start doing potential collections and whatnot, like Metroid Prime Trilogy. there's kind of a lot that I don't think can stand on their own without that or some kinds of enhancements

if necessary, they can go with a 3 tiered plan, with $20 having NES/SNES/GB/GBC, $40 adding GBA and N64, and $60 adding GCN and Wii (and maybe DS?)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo would be dumb to release GameCube. That's their golden goose. It would have to be much higher or just sell them individually.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Nintendo would be dumb to release GameCube. That's their golden goose. It would have to be much higher or just sell them individually.

"It's the year 20XX, Nintendo still refuses to re-releases gamecube games. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance has become so expensive people had to sell their house to get it in their collection but it was worth it they said. Something about instagram likes."

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. outside of some of their games, I can't see a way to really sell them individually to be worthwhile. games like Sunshine could do with a resolution and framerate bump (and texture upgrade), the Zeldas already got their work done, MP Duology will get their work done, Melee is Melee, Mario Kart DD will never happen. the more you go down the list, the harder it will be to justify. better to make the lot of them part of a sub. same with Wii games

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
By the time Wii/GCN game will come to the system, Nintendo will have released a new switch model that interests me and I'll hack my old launch switch, so I'll probably be playing my retro stuff through emulation...

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think nintendo will release 2 3d mario games in the same year. So next year we will either get a 3d world port, or odyssey 2

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
What about all the Smoke that StarFox Racing made?
I would really wish for it to come to Switch as then I could stop holding off on replaying my Wii version (Maybe I just should).
If it exists, I don't think they would rework it much, maybe just some more minor touch ups and polishing, or it's going to be delayed more.
The games already looked really nice on GameCube on Wii to begin with.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
What about all the Smoke that StarFox Racing made?
I would really wish for it to come to Switch as then I could stop holding off on replaying my Wii version (Maybe I just should).
If it exists, I don't think they would rework it much, maybe just some more minor touch ups and polishing, or it's going to be delayed more.
The games already looked really nice on GameCube on Wii to begin with.

You are right. Starfox made a lot of smoke and was eventually a mix of people being fed wrong info or downright lying.
It's not the general case though. I would say that the amount of people reporting on mpt makes the port likely, but indeed it's not a sure thing.

The other big difference that I see is that a port of mpt is quite a straightforward thing to do and makes lot of sense. Starfox GP never really did and sounded dumb from the beginning, except in the mind of few lucky people who could hype themselves up for literally anything labeled Nintendo.

JD_Lars

Oct 2, 2018
I'd be shocked if there weren't a Direct within the next 4 weeks. Dragon Quest XI comes out at the end of September and Square-Enix has been advertising it pretty hard. They already announced a demo version would be available. DQXI trailer in the Direct would have a "the demo is available today in the eShop" to end it.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is also releasing at the end of October so they'll also want to get hype up for that.

Not much has been said about Astral Chain since the last Direct, and it's due out at the end of this month. While a Direct at the end of August is unlikely it wouldn't be too crazy if they wanted to get Platinum Games involved.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I believe that MPT is coming but not until the Prime 4 advertising starts. So not for a while.

I also think MPT is not coming anytime soon but not because of that.

I think they're adding something. Precisely a multiplayer mode. Hunters 2, online only, more hunters, more maps, modern visuals. And it's gonna be featured in future Nintendo Championships.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What GameCube games need is online multiplayer. The system has a wealth of multiplayer gems that are just begging for it.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
I'd be shocked if there weren't a Direct within the next 4 weeks. Dragon Quest XI comes out at the end of September and Square-Enix has been advertising it pretty hard. They already announced a demo version would be available. DQXI trailer in the Direct would have a "the demo is available today in the eShop" to end it.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is also releasing at the end of October so they'll also want to get hype up for that.

Not much has been said about Astral Chain since the last Direct, and it's due out at the end of this month. While a Direct at the end of August is unlikely it wouldn't be too crazy if they wanted to get Platinum Games involved.
Oh and don't forget our little friend, Link and the Zelda remake. (=

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
I can see odyssey 2 and Mario 3d world port happening on the same year. One is a linear obstacle course while the other is sandbox

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If there was direct, best case would be a little more info on stuff that hasn't been shown on Astral Chain yet, a gameplay segment of Bayo 3 with a release window and early tease of their next project. Throw in a port of W101 for good measure.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not every port has to come out now. 3D World could be saved for 2021 or 2022. Same with any other Wii U ports. Ports sometimes also come at the end of a life cycle.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
You are right. Starfox made a lot of smoke and was eventually a mix of people being fed wrong info or downright lying.
It's not the general case though. I would say that the amount of people reporting on mpt makes the port likely, but indeed it's not a sure thing.

The other big difference that I see is that a port of mpt is quite a straightforward thing to do and makes lot of sense. Starfox GP never really did and sounded dumb from the beginning, except in the mind of few lucky people who could hype themselves up for literally anything labeled Nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Starfox GP was a false project to weed a leaker(s) out

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The fallout from people who refused to believe that Star Fox Racing was fake and held onto it like their life depended on it was so funny. Bonus points to the people who did an avatar bet that it would show up at E3.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Right now I literally can only think about the hype for the next Fire Emblem game... if IS play their cards right, they could keep the momentum going by releasing a remake in 2021 and going all out with a new game in 2023.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The reasoning people have given for MPT's "delay" is ridiculous.

It should be released far away from Prime 4, actually

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have a September/October Direct and the Game Awards for big Nintendo announcements.

Man if BotW 2 is coming holiday 2020 I have to go all in on it being at the Game Awards.

For the Direct I just want Retro's game and Monolith game announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.