• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This one is practically guaranteed, unless you think the insiders are wrong about it.
I didn't know, that there rumors for it. Again i would not be surprised, if there is a port, just that the weird situation of Pikmen 4 had maybe made it unlikely.
SMTxFE is probably one of the most requested Wii U games to get ported. With Joker in Smash and the popularity of P5 the chances of it becoming a succes are rather high.
The branding and the gameplay make it really hars to see, who the target audience is supposed to be. Fire Emblem fans may want something different, then this game provides and the connection to Joker is very lose for the common fan. It's a bad crossover-concept in my opinion (no matter if the actual game may be good).
I'm also sure they will port the Zelda games to the Switch one day
The games properly, the Wii U versions properly not and how the games get on the system is the big question. I don't see them as official ports like the Wii U versions (which were just filler, while BotW was in the work).

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Are the various Nier Automata predictions coming from somewhere specific or are people just really wanting that game?
Well they said "if we were to make a Nier Automata port it would take 2 years......... 1 year and half ago ? And Yoko Taro said he wanted it in a stream
(which would be poor taste if just a joke, at least to me)

Second thing is, Astral Chain is out and it could work well in tandem now.
So NA right before Bayonetta 3 also could work.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I would sign it for a Direct that has these games as its only new announcements. But I fell that XenoX will be ported later, maybe before a X2. It has anyway better chances to be ported than TMS, even though I would buy also the latter.
Neeeh... I wonder really.
My likely port top (not wanted mind you) would be :
1) W 1 oh 1
2) Mario 3D Wor / Pikmin3
3) #FE / Mario Paper
4) Project 0 and others.
5) X
6) Trash

But I may just love to be negative lol.
It kinda reflects how X was handled in Smash Ultimate.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Wow, XenobladeX and Nier Automata in the same Direct, that would be something.

Xenoblade X is so much better than Xenoblade 2, the game has to camp for a few months so the other can catch on.

That said, one might like Xenoblade 2 more if... into cliche anime and more seriously in basic story rpg with basic party going on their story with nothing special.
XenobladeX gives so much freedom to the play that he might not understand what's important correctly and only focus on what's called "story" but is only the background and/or the introduction of the universe.

Oh and never listen to people saying that you have mechs too late or stuff like that as the world is so amazing to travel on foot.
Mechs are actually available at a perfect time less much less than halfway through the game. Like 25-30% in at most.
The story on Xenoblade 2 is bland and cliched but the story in Xenoblade X is dreadful

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Well they said "if we were to make a Nier Automata port it would take 2 years......... 1 year and half ago ? And Yoko Taro said he wanted it in a stream
(which would be poor taste if just a joke, at least to me)

Second thing is, Astral Chain is out and it could work well in tandem now.
So NA right before Bayonetta 3 also could work.

Ah I didn't realize they put a potential time frame on a potential port. I just knew they said they wanted to port it a while ago.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna put two unlikely contenders into the ether for unlikely ports:

Guild Wars 2

gRIgG7B.png

Portal 2

2XvtxVp.png

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I didn't know, that there rumors for it. Again i would not be surprised, if there is a port, just that the weird situation of Pikmen 4 had maybe made it unlikely.
Yeah, King Zell mentioned a Pikmin 3 port back in February, and Emily is essentially backing that up with the whole "2013 Wii U port" thing.

Since it'll supposedly be an early 2020 title, we'll definitely see it in the next Direct.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Xenoblade X is so much better than Xenoblade 2, the game has to camp for a few months so the other can catch on.

That said, one might like Xenoblade 2 more if... into cliche anime and more seriously in basic story rpg with basic party going on their story with nothing special.
XenobladeX gives so much freedom to the play that he might not understand what's important correctly and only focus on what's called "story" but is only the background and/or the introduction of the universe.
BWAHAHAHA!

Oh, the extends people go to justify their preferences.

(XCX's story and characters suck ass no matter how much people try to deny it).

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
For all the complaints I can understand about XCX, I'll never understand the complaints about story. It is a well-written, well-rounded story.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
My prediction for new game announcements for the direct :

Overwatch (obviously)
A new Wario Ware
Pikmin 3 port
Nier Automata
Monster Hunter Portable 5
Rage 2
Soul Calibur

Nier Automata and Rage 2 would be my most wanted ones.

I also have a weird feeling that Cyberpunk will get announced for Switch.

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
All 3 Xenoblade-games are masterpieces. There's really no 'wrong' here. If you haven't played XB2 yet, go play that one asap. XBX isn't really related to that, so no need to wait for a Switch port.

Based on Emily's post it sounds like we're getting Xenoblade Chronicles X. That makes complete sense given how the IP has grown with XB2. I won't double dip, but it's a good addition for the Switch.

Wait, what did she say that gives that impression? Don't make me wet without reason ;o

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
BWAHAHAHA!

Oh, the extends people go to justify their preferences.

(XCX's story and characters suck ass no matter how much people try to deny it).
I don't know which ass it sucks but it sure tastes pretty sweet.
It's ok if you understood nothing about it. I don't mind.

Let's act as if it doesn't have the best side content of the whole series by a mile. Which is btw, as important if not more than the story.
No to mention how the characters feel human for once (and that's not because they are really human).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I also have a weird feeling that Cyberpunk will get announced for Switch.

I had a similar feeling a while back but then I think I read about a CDPR employee mentioning that while they were able to put Red Engine 3 on Switch without much issue they did not think it was feasible to do the same with Red Engine 4 (which Cyberpunk uses)

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a similar feeling a while back but then I think I read about a CDPR employee mentioning that while they were able to put Red Engine 3 on Switch without much issue they did not think it was feasible to do the same with Red Engine 4 (which Cyberpunk uses)
Yeah.

I also feel like Cyberpunk was really developed with PS5 and Xbox-whatever in mind, and then sort of scaled down to current systems, rather than the other way around.

I don't see Switch getting Cyberpunk ever.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
So far the only Wii U ports not under the Mario Umbrella are Pokken, Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors. I would bet cold hard cash the next Wii U port will be Super Mario 3D World and/or Paper Mario before we see things like XCX, LoZ WW/TP HD, and Pikmin. FE# is more likely now however for some brand synergy with 3H and as a midway point before SMTV comes along in 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
It's one of the better jrpg stories. Unfortunately, people like you ignored the fantastic sidequests that are the meat of the story :(
If you're going to make the sidequests the best part of your JRPG then you failed at making a JRPG.

(And saying that XCX's sidequests are better than its main story is not that much of a compliment).

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All 3 Xenoblade-games are masterpieces. There's really no 'wrong' here. If you haven't played XB2 yet, go play that one asap. XBX isn't really related to that, so no need to wait for a Switch port.

Wait, what did she say that gives that impression? Don't make me wet without reason ;o

Well, I'm taking it from this post:

Nintendo is porting most of their remaining Wii U games to Switch.

What is left to port? Of the games that haven't been ported, XBX should be a top three contender, below possibly Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3. With the success of XB2 it makes good sense to port XBX. Maybe I'm reading into her post too much and it's just wishful thinking.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
sucks to hear that. But I hope they give it a chance and experiment some to get the engine running on Switch. You never know.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Well, I'm taking it from this post:

What is left to port? Of the games that haven't been ported, XBX should be a top three contender, below possibly Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3. With the success of XB2 it makes good sense to port XBX. Maybe I'm reading into her post too much and it's just wishful thinking.
Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD seem like no brainers for ports, imo. Color Splash could work too.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD seem like no brainers for ports, imo. Color Splash could work too.
I would love to see the reactions to a Color Splash port reveal, lol. As someone who actually gave the game a chance and enjoyed it, seeing people rage over it would be hilarious.

If that did happen, I would hope that some changes would be made to the game to improve some rough spots. Obviously they can't overhaul the entire thing to make it more like 64 or TTYD, but a few changes (specifically to combat) would be appreciated.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's my port chances tier list.

Will Happen
-Pikmin 3

Strong Chance
- 3D World
- Wind Waker
- Twilight Princess

Moderate Chance
- Xenoblade X
- Woolly World
- W101

Low Chance
- Everything Else

zelig

Banned
Aug 29, 2019

TWW and TP were ports already. With LA releasing already, I doubt these will be ported anytime soon.

Color Splash actually makes extensive use of the gamepad, so that'd require a big workaround.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone wishing for Nier Automata, but I would rather have Nier 1 and Drakengard 3, so people finally play the original and so we can have a version of Drakengard 3 thats playable.
Woldn't mind a Collection with all of them and I totally wouldn't mind just Automata, but I feel like the original Nier gets forgotten too much.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Yeah Nintendo don't port colour splash if your stuck a paper Mario game on switch then port TYD from the GameCube.

Then make a proper paper Mario for the love of god :(

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Everyone wishing for Nier Automata, but I would rather have Nier 1 and Drakengard 3, so people finally play the original and so we can have a version of Drakengard 3 thats playable.
Woldn't mind a Collection with all of them and I totally wouldn't mind just Automata, but I feel like the original Nier gets forgotten too much.

Nier: Automata Game of the YoHRa EDITION is around 45 GB alone, a collection with the first Nier is really unlikely with the cart costs, even with forced downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.