• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif
Which reminds me...later on, you'll also be able to enjoy this iconic classics, and their iconic scenes, anytime, anywhere. Final Fantasy 1 to 6 are coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2020.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh I wouldn't be quick to disagree, even if I honestly have hope for it. I just think they're in a different headspace with Paper Mario now.
Nah I don't agreee. I'm not going to say much because I get mad when it comes to discussing Paper Mario and how Nintendo fans on this site is so dismissive of it going back to what it was, even though Nintendo is frogging listening to other series.

Only Paper Mario has low confidence on this website.

People are going along with Nintendo wanting it to be a fucking adventure game, lose the battle system and all the shit the series is supposed to be.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm worried. Emily was very explicit with the September-March game. If there isn't a big new announcement (that obviously wouldn't release before January) a la Luigi's Mansion or AC from last September Direct people will be mad.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I still support Paper Mario going full Adventure Game and ditching the RPG elements entirely

enough with the Toads though

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this month's Pokémon trailer will be incorporated in this Direct rather than being standalone.
Also give me something from Monolith, a port, new game, remaster, anything

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I still support Paper Mario going full Adventure Game and ditching the RPG elements entirely

Biggest problem with Color Splash was the lack of unique NPCs, so I would honestly be fine with that.

But I know a lot of people (including me,) want another RPG installment, so I don't want to see the internet irrationally rage over Paper Mario again.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Nah I don't agreee. I'm not going to say much because I get mad when it comes to discussing Paper Mario and how Nintendo fans on this site is so dismissive of it going back to what it was, even though Nintendo is frogging listening to other series.

Only Paper Mario has low confidence on this website.

People are going along with Nintendo wanting it to be a fucking adventure game, lose the battle system and all the shit the series is supposed to be.
Just so we're clear, TTYD is my favorite Paper Mario and I would adore seeing another entry in the same vein as that and the original. And since Koizumi is at the helm and encourages more story in games, it is 100% a possible outcome. I'm just reserving my own expectations.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

I just think they need to make their adventure game mechanics actually justify ditching RPG elements. It needs to be as good of an adventure game as it was an RPG for me to even begin to be okay with it, and it hasn't gotten close yet.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess we know who'll take it serious when Nintendo says "tune in to the upcoming Direct as we focus on Switch games coming to March 2020".

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I think when she says "September to March" she means the *focus* is on games releasing up to March and not that there's necessarily no announcement of a game or games that are further off.

Bingo.
The focus is on games for Fall/Autumn and Winter. Winter ends sometime in mid March.
However, Nintendo always says their Directs focus on a certain time frame. But when have they ever stuck to that completely?

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Okay, so here are my predictions:
Pikmin 3
Pokemon Sword and Shield
FETH DLC1
MUA3 DLC 1&2
Links Awakening
Luigis Mansion 3
SNES Online
Town
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Witcher 3
GTA V
Overwatch
Smash DLC 4 Sans
Super Mario Maker 2 DLC
New free game for Online users
Doom 64
Laytons Mystery Journey
Maybe Layton HD
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Something Mario 3D related (port, remaster or new game)

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Excited about getting more Animal Crossing content. I've been watching the Treehouse demo a bunch of times and I want more!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Bingo.
The focus is on games for Fall/Autumn and Winter. Winter ends sometime in mid March.
However, Nintendo always says their Directs focus on a certain time frame. But when have they ever stuck to that completely?
Can't wait to see how they start and end the Direct.

They seem to figure out how to do that really well lately.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Bingo.

I was just gonna say this, usually at the beginning or end of a direct, they announce a game that's further out. I'm sure there will be at least one post March game revealed

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bingo.
Never. We go through this every single time a Direct is announced. Nintendo never sticks to the "focus". Focus doesn't mean it's going to be 100%.

Focus to March 2020 means 35 minutes of a 39 minute Direct is all about games going to March 2020. The other 4 minutes will be games past March 2020.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so here are my predictions:
Pikmin 3
Pokemon Sword and Shield
FETH DLC1
MUA3 DLC 1&2
Links Awakening
Luigis Mansion 3
SNES Online
Town
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Witcher 3
GTA V
Overwatch
Smash DLC 4 Sans
Super Mario Maker 2 DLC
New free game for Online users
Doom 64
Laytons Mystery Journey
Maybe Layton HD
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Something Mario 3D related (port, remaster or new game)
Boring Direct. Port port port port. Talk about games we know. Port port lol. No new Nintendo games like Nintendo does with Directs.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"E3 will focus on games releasing in 2019"

D:

"We will show a game releasing in 2020"

:D

"Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 20.03.2020"

D:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Can't wait to see how they start and end the Direct.

They seem to figure out how to do that really well lately.
If I had to guess:

Opening Reveal: Mystery Game #4 (whatever it is). Makes sense to start with it, since it'll be releasing soon after the Direct.

Second-Last Thing (the last three Directs have had two "final" reveals, so i'm feeling that here too): Smash Ultimate Challenger Pack 4

Ending Reveal: A Teaser for a big 2020 release (Odyssey 2?)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last 2 general Directs opens with Luigi's Mansion 3 and Super Mario Maker 2.

Last 2 general Directs ends with Animal Crossing and the other is Astral Chain/Links Awakening.

Gives you a good template how this one will go.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Only one of last year's September Direct's first party reveals got released in following 6 months, NSMBU. Others, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Town is still haven't got released yet.

I expect similar situation at this Direct. Only one new reveal with a near release date: Pikmin 3, January 2020. Other two, WarioWare and Kirby should be out around summer 2020.

Rest will be about DLC and third party.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only one of last year's September Direct's first party reveals got released in following 6 months, NSMBU. Others, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion and Town is still haven't got released yet.

I expect similar situation at this Direct. Only one new reveal with a near release date: Pikmin 3, January 2020. Other two, WarioWare and Kirby should be out around summer 2020.

Rest will be about DLC and third party.
Emily said Nintendo's Mystery game #4 is coming this year and the Wii U port is probably January/February. At minimum you're getting 2 Nintendo games in the next 5 months.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Now I'm worried. Emily was very explicit with the September-March game. If there's a big new announcement (that obviously wouldn't release before January) a la Luigi's Mansion or AC from last September Direct people will be mad.
She only said covers games from Autumn to March which means covers in headlines. Am pretty sure that there will be 1-2 first party suprises for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.