• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Ok Emily you have me! I am completely dumbfounded!

Did you reply to my wave racer 1080 pilot wings question???

Thanks once again for spicing all this thread up , thanks also to Nate.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
With the lack of correct rumours and guessing, I predict Mystery Game #4 will not fit the traditional archetype of core/hardcore games and instead be something for the expanded/casual audience (ala Wii Sports or whatever).

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Emily indirectly confirmed Sin & Punishment 3, a game nobody guessed.

Crazy times we live in.

I'd love for that be the case but Treasure is like a skeleton crew. Though 4th game could be something like this or Daemon X Machina where it's a smaller niche title that do well with people on here than the general public.

I'm still going with that it's a family-centric/casual game since that makes the most sense to me.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
a nintendo-published game could also be something like a new fatal frame.

or, well..... 1-2-Switch 2.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the lack of correct rumours and guessing, I predict Mystery Game #4 will not fit the traditional archetype of core/hardcore games and instead be something for the expanded/casual audience (ala Wii Sports or whatever).
i'd be PISSED if nintendo caters to some other audience and not make something i, specifically, would enjoy

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

Or it could be something people aren't really guessing/speculating about, like, idunno, Arms 2.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love for that be the case but Treasure is like a skeleton crew. Though 4th game could be something like this or Daemon X Machina where it's a smaller niche title that do well with people on here than the general public.

I'm still going with that it's a family-centric/casual game since that makes the most sense to me.

I will never give up hope.

I think you're right on the money. It's what I've been guessing as well. Not that I mind tbh.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
We live in a time of old classics being revitalised. Zelda, Resident Evil, Dragon Quest. Believe.

Literally prove it to me.

???
There were four or five Goemon games on the SNES, in Japan at least. Also a PS2 one with a more realistically proportioned Goemon iirc. And of course the N64 games. So maybe not 20, but at least seven or eight. :-D

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
First party as in internal development, or first party as in a partner deal like Astral Chain? If it's the latter, that would probably explain why no one has guessed it.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The E3 direct was great, especially from a third party perspective. I mean, they announced what is arguably the game of the generation on switch, at least for some.
February had more surprises and variety, and was awesome as well.
For this upcoming direct, I hope for something closer to what we had in February.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The E3 direct was great, especially from a third party perspective. I mean, they announced what is arguably the game of the generation on switch, at least for some.
February had more surprises and variety, and was awesome as well.
For this upcoming direct, I hope for something closer to what we had in February.
yeah but the surprise was ruined because it was talked about and leaked for 1+ years. i don't think many were surprised with the announcement.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4th game is actually a HD port of Kid Icarus Uprising with revamped controls to complement the Switch.

Fucking A, that would be dreamy.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
fun true fact: Good-Feel, formed by ex-Konami employees who worked on the Goemon games, was responsible for the Giant Luigi battles in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Luigi is the new Impact

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Honestly I kinda expect 3D Mario (2020), which alone would put it within the striking distance of E3 Direct.

It also depends on how hype Mystery game turns out to be. Announcing a title that people here care about for the end of the year, out of nowhere with seemingly no one even entertaining the possibility of such an announcement, would be huge.

But if it delivers a miracle in the form of a Retro studios game for the next year, that will legendary.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
monolith-soft-medievanfjch.jpg

hope y'all ready

Is it possible that this art is actually Zelda in BotW2? Monolithsoft did work on BotW....maybe it's not really a new IP.

Kozy

Dec 4, 2017
I am 100% confident this Direct won't be better than the E3 one. That was the best one from the Switch era by far in terms of pace and cadence of announcements. Nothing comes close. And bringing it down because there wasn't a lot of new announcement is kind of weird, especially since it was because we got two of them in the March Direct. But the way it showed more about everything, announced quite a few surprises, and kept strong until the end was great. Even the montage at the end was good lol.

We got three in the early 2019 direct (SMM2, LA and Astral Chain). Would be great if we got 3 brand new first party games in this Direct but I'll settle for two.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that this art is actually Zelda in BotW2? Monolithsoft did work on BotW....maybe it's not really a new IP.
No. It is definitely not BOTW 2. It is possible that it is just art for recruitment and not actually a project, but given there were multiple pieces done for it, and they've talked about doing an action game (I believe), I think most are assuming it's actually going to be a new IP.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I have no insider info, but surpassing E3 2019 is a no brainer. I have been saying it for weeks, this Direct is going to be loaded with 1st party and 3rd Party reveals simply because 2020 as a calender year is a giant empty slate that is waiting to be filled. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Direct reaches 45-50 minutes runtime.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you actually see the BotW2 teaser? That's not the same character design, at all. And why would Monolith do concept art for a Zelda game? They helped out with the open world.

Status
Not open for further replies.