• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say that the after the last few directs, the new format is really boring. It makes me really miss when Iwata did them and Reggie was in them. They were much more fun and entertaining then.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what are guys thinking for TGA? my guesses:

- smash character 5 and maybe the first character from season 2, 100% chance of happening
- a new surprising first party title reveal, most likely by a 3rd party dev, announced for mid-2020, something like astral chain or MUA3, 50% chance of happening
- gameplay debut of an already announced game. the options are bayo 3 or botw 2, if they can pull of botw 2 it'll be a major get for TGA. 50% chance of happening
- of course there'll be one or two 3rd party multiplat games that will also come to switch. alan wake remaster maybe?

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018

- smash character 5 and maybe the first character from season 2, 100% chance of happening
- a new surprising first party title reveal, most likely by a 3rd party dev, announced for mid-2020, something like astral chain or MUA3, 50% chance of happening
- gameplay debut of an already announced game. the options are bayo 3 or botw 2, if they can pull of botw 2 it'll be a major get for TGA. 50% chance of happening
- of course there'll be one or two 3rd party multiplat games that will also come to switch. alan wake remaster maybe?
I'm betting on two out of

-Fighter Pass 5 reveal (or character 1 of Season 2 if Fighter Pass 5 gets revealed when Terry gets detailed)
-Reveal of a new first party published title a la Ultimate Alliance 3 or Daemon x Machina
- BoTW2 footage/trailer

Out of all of these I feel the best about BoTW2 popping up.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TGA guesses?

Smash Character reveal.
Terry shadow drop if he isn't already released.
BOTW 2 trailer
Bayonetta 3 trailer/release window

And now for the lol part....
F-Zero, created 3rd party
Retro Studios game
Reggie gets a lifetime achievement and says "Oh by the way, go download Mother 3 right now"

At most we get two announcements.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
TGA guesses?

Smash Character reveal.
Terry shadow drop if he isn't already released.
BOTW 2 trailer
Bayonetta 3 trailer/release window

And now for the lol part....
F-Zero, created 3rd party
Retro Studios game
Reggie gets a lifetime achievement and says "Oh by the way, go download Mother 3 right now"

At most we get two announcements.
Out of all the items in the "lol part", the most unrealistic is Retro's Game being announced. That's so sad.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we've had a distinct lack of game focused Directs this year. Only Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon, right?

Unless I'm mistaken there are usually more of those in a year. But I don't really see anything that would need one, considering Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon have been detailed in a whole bunch of presentations already.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017

My guesses are these + 1 more of second one. I expect Nintendo show of 2 new IP's from collab studios. From? MercurySteam? Namco Singapore? Who knows.

After Pikmin 3 and others being no show at last direct, I adjusted my expectations. Nintendo won't cram lots of first party games in short time. We could see next BotW2 trailer at February Direct or even E3.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
November Direct?

Indivisible release date announcement
Smash DLC Fighters Pass last entry
Teaser for Breath of the Wild sequel (possible title drop)
Bloodstained update that includes more than just performance fixes (exclusive Nintendo Switch costumes, etc.)
Metroid Prime 4 footage teaser

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
November Direct?

Indivisible release date announcement
Smash DLC Fighters Pass last entry
Teaser for Breath of the Wild sequel (possible title drop)
Bloodstained update that includes more than just performance fixes (exclusive Nintendo Switch costumes, etc.)
Metroid Prime 4 footage teaser

Seriously, I do think we could see some form of November Direct. Maybe game specific (Pokemon I guess?) or Mini but it just feels like there needs to be one more to round out the year.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we've had a distinct lack of game focused Directs this year. Only Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon, right?

Unless I'm mistaken there are usually more of those in a year. But I don't really see anything that would need one, considering Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon have been detailed in a whole bunch of presentations already.
The spring direct featured Fire Emblem, right?

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
If they're going to release Super Mario 3D World Deluxe anytime soon, it would probably come out next April or May to boost of the Super Nintendo World hype (3D World is the main inspiration for the land).

Sep 14, 2019
I don't think we're getting another direct this year, but the last one was mediocre so I'm not opposed to it. I think the next one being in January/Early next year makes more sense though.

As for TGA, I feel like Smash Bros DLC Fighter #5 and a Bayonetta 3 trailer are the only real options for what Nintendo is going to show. It just makes too much sense.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Seriously, I do think we could see some form of November Direct. Maybe game specific (Pokemon I guess?) or Mini but it just feels like there needs to be one more to round out the year.

They'll do a Smash Direct featuring Terry's update and reveal the next fighter in November. Next General Direct won't be until January at the earliest.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Omg Imagine it. I'll try to say it like him

reggie: I had an amazing time at Nintendo, and enjoyed surprising fans with wonderful games throughout the years. But there is one big request I never got a chance to fulfill...

would be so iconic

Do that many people really care about Mother/Earthbound? We love it here, but I think it would feel out of place at the TGA.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Do that many people really care about Mother/Earthbound? We love it here, but I think it would feel out of place at the TGA.
I think the lust for Mother 3 has transcended the Earthbound and Nintendo fan communities.

I know a few people who have only experienced the franchise through Smash, but are still aware of Mother 3's localisation difficulties.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My reaction whenever I see this thread on the front page again (especially right after we had a Direct)
giphy.gif

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I'm betting on a Smash reveal exclusively at TGA. I'm not listening to your siren calls and getting hyped for a potential Metroid Prime trilogy announcement. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me again? Nah I may be dumb but I'm onto you!

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These past 40 minutes (the first 20 to be specific) have made me appreciate how content packed and well paced the recent Directs have been, especially the last one.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
These past 40 minutes (the first 20 to be specific) have made me appreciate how content packed and well paced the recent Directs have been, especially the last one.
It's not a quantity issue as much as a pacing and selection one.
It just didn't fit well together. Still was their best Direct copy yet mind you.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can get a Mini Direct before TGA and the February one. The last one was about shadow drops and close releases like Overwatch in October, and that left December - March period pretty empty. So far we have:

December:
Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection
Ashen
Star Ocean First Departure

January:
TMS #FE
FFCC HD
Jedi Academy

February:
Gods & Monsters

Maybe not from first party, but I think it's safe to assume there will be more first party announcements soon. This lineup is much lighter than what we got last year, I expect it to improve greatly.

We still don't know what this [Redacted] is, we could get a out of nowhere reveal for it soon.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
What was the "witchcraft" game in the last direct? Was it just Overwatch?

You can't have an Overwatch demo, it's an online only game. Blizzard could set up special servers for a demo but for a small press event in UK it sounds like too much of a hassle.

It's either a new game or The Outer Worlds. I don't think it's latter either, Direct didn't have any Switch footage of the game. I think they're still in early stages of porting process.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Divinity: OS2

That fits well into other games listed, but calling it witchcraft next to The Witcher is a little too much. It's not a demanding game at all.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You can't have an Overwatch demo, it's an online only game. Blizzard could set up special servers for a demo but for a small press event in UK it sounds like too much of a hassle.

It's either a new game or The Outer Worlds. I don't think it's latter either, Direct didn't have any Switch footage of the game. I think they're still in early stages of porting process.

That fits well into other games listed, but calling it witchcraft next to The Witcher is a little too much. It's not a demanding game at all.
Didn't the devs make a comment that they had done witchcraft or something like that to be able to pass the Steam cloud saves to Switch?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Divinity 2 is actually pretty demanding for the genre. But I don't really see how it's witchcraft either.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
Ah okay cool, I wasn't sure if I'd missed it or just forgotten. I wish I even had time to tackle my backlog at the moment.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

It's definitely quite demanding. I've read a bunch of people talking about how tough it is to run well on their PCs. And it chugs at times on Switch.

The witchcraft part of it might be that it basically preserves the visuals remarkably well.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I think many would disagree with that assertion, especially considering it has multiplayer.
It's definitely quite demanding. I've read a bunch of people talking about how tough it is to run well on their PCs. And it chugs at times on Switch.

The witchcraft part of it might be that it basically preserves the visuals remarkably well.

I was comparing it to The Witcher as that guy listed [Redacted] alongside The Wicther. It is demanding but not as demanding as The Witcher.

Plus I don't think it was Divinity either, devs already said couple of times they were bringing the game to Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.