• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
well it's more of a response to 2D Metroid in general. I originally had a comment about Nintendo already (allegedly) greenlighting an HD 2D Metroid, but cut it out. but if they already going through it then whether it's a remake or not would be irrelevant.

I still think the stacked nicheness will impact the game, with the increased budget and all. this could be that "only last shot" game though
So they're going to make the "last shot" 2d metroid a remake of a game that doesn't need one, is on the switch already, and sitting on metroid 5 when it was even hinted at? Sounds right for nintendo logic.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
You genuinely believe Metroid Prime Trilogy will come out before 2D Metroid? You don't think 2D Metroid would be a 2020 game and MPT would be a 2021 game so it's a little closer to MP4?
I don't think you would need to put the trilogy remaster as close to Prime 4 if there's a 2D Metroid inbetween.
Metroid will stay on peoples minds that way AND people will have time to play though all these ~14 -20 hour games.
Releasing them TOO close will just burnoiut new fans that want tot try the old ones first.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they're going to make the "last shot" 2d metroid a remake of a game that doesn't need one, is on the switch already, and sitting on metroid 5 when it was even hinted at? Sounds right for nintendo logic.
or it could just be a lower budgeted affair. at least that way you could get both

but no advertisement

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you would need to put the trilogy remaster as close to Prime 4 if there's a 2D Metroid inbetween.
Metroid will stay on peoples minds that way AND people will have time to play though all these ~14 -20 hour games.
Releasing them TOO close will just burnoiut new fans that want tot try the old ones first.
I guess I was thinking the schedule would be

2020- 2D Metroid (looking like Fusion remake)
2021- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
2022- Metroid Prime 4

I mean I won't complain if MPT releases next year. That's the one I want more, especially now it's looking like 2D Metroid could be a remake and not a new game.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You genuinely believe Metroid Prime Trilogy will come out before 2D Metroid? You don't think 2D Metroid would be a 2020 game and MPT would be a 2021 game so it's a little closer to MP4?
On paper it would make sense to alternate releases. 3D Metroid -> 2D Metroid -> 3D Metroid

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
A Fusion remake would be fine, but I would prefer a remaster of Samus Returns. I never had a 3DS. And MPT is the holy Grail.

I'll buy anything Metroid on switch though, to support the franchise.

vedrua

Oct 26, 2019
Once MP4 was delayed, they may have changed their plans. A new 3D Metroid would have been a great way to promote a new 2D episode, remake or not. This is somehow the way Nintendo operated with Zelda on Switch.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Trilogy is coming next year, then damn it could be announced at the Game Awards. For some reason I kind of doubt it (being announced there. Ya know oil and water)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Fusion makes slightly more sense, but not saying much. I don't get why they won't at least make metroid 5 with this being the last 2d metroid ever. Not like nintendo can't afford it.
who-said-that.gif

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I say the OT should be named after the third Famicom Detective Club game, making it: BS Nintendo Direct Speculation Club.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
If Fusion gets remade, I could see them changing ending stuff in order to link to a new story.

The way the original game ended was quite the dead end.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I say the OT should be named after the third Famicom Detective Club game, making it: BS Nintendo Direct Speculation Club.
People are going to misunderstand and think it's about Bullshit speculation.

well it's not far off sometimes lol.

Did I miss the joke?

Last edited:

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The whole concept of releasing the trilogy near the release of 4 has never made sense to me. Give us something Metroid during the wait for 4. Don't dump 4 Metroid games in our laps at once.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I bet MPT HD is already on Nintendo's servers, making a mockery of us.

Nintendo ain't making the same mistake they made with 3DS. The console is already selling with what it got right now, save some for later to prolong system's life. Over cover for some potential future droughts. I bet they're saving some already done third party games for later too. Dark Souls 2? Tomb Raider?

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo ain't making the same mistake they made with 3DS. The console is already selling with what it got right now, save some for later to prolong system's life. Over cover for some potential future droughts. I bet they're saving some already done third party games for later too. Dark Souls 2? Tomb Raider?

Unless Nintendo has decided to publish those games for some reason, I don't think they get to dictate when a third party company is allowed to release their games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes Nintendo is saving other companies games. 😑

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Unless Nintendo has decided to publish those games for some reason, I don't think they get to dictate when a third party company is allowed to release their games.

Well, they did distribute Diablo 3 and Skyrim. One thing is certain, Nintendo is holding off releases of complete games, we only know one of them (two if you count Stretchers, three if you count M&L remake on 3DS). There might be more. Nintendo asking third parties to hold off their releases for a better timeframe doesn't sound impossible.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they did distribute Diablo 3 and Skyrim. One thing is certain, Nintendo is holding off releases of complete games, we only know one of them (two if you count Stretchers, three if you count M&L remake on 3DS). There might be more. Nintendo asking third parties to hold off their releases for a better timeframe doesn't sound impossible.

As far as I know, distribution (Skyrim, Travis Strikes Again, etc) is different from publishing (Octopath Traveler, Daemon x Machina). I don't think Nintendo dictates when a third party releases their games, even if they are distributing it. It's different if they have taken over publishing duties.

Nintendo can hold off on first party games, because they own them. They can do what they want with their own titles. They cannot do this with titles that belong to other companies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo is holding off releases of complete games, we only know one of them
Which one are you talking about here? We know that both New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Crafted World were held back (the former was held off on for FAR longer than the latter; but Crafted World was still on the eShop servers in December).

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know, distribution (Skyrim, Travis Strikes Again, etc) is different from publishing (Octopath Traveler, Daemon x Machina). I don't think Nintendo dictates when a third party releases their games, even if they are distributing it. It's different if they have taken over publishing duties.

Nintendo can hold off on first party games, because they own them. They can do what they want with their own titles. They cannot do this with titles that belong to other companies.

That was a good explanation of absence of Dark Souls 2. Laura Kate Dale said all three games were ported to Switch and they were running at a satisfying performance. Then DS1 announced, delayed and released and it turns out it was a separate port of DS1 rather than PS4/Xbox One Remastered version.

Does DS2 Switch really exist? Or is someone holding off its release (it's been over a year since DS1 Switch release)? Or did they cancel it altogether?

Which one are you talking about here? We know that both New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Crafted World were held back (the former was held off on for FAR longer than the latter; but Crafted World was still on the eShop servers in December).

I didn't know about them, turns out there are more. M&L1 remake on 3DS was also on eShop months before its release.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
That was a good explanation of absence of Dark Souls 2. Laura Kate Dale said all three games were ported to Switch and they were running at a satisfying performance. Then DS1 announced, delayed and released and it turns out it was a separate port of DS1 rather than PS4/Xbox One Remastered version.

Does DS2 Switch really exist? Or is someone holding off its release (it's been over a year since DS1 Switch release)? Or did they cancel it altogether?

Ask Namco. It's their game, not Nintendo's.

As for my own guess; there never was any Dark Souls 2/3 port on Switch.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Her source was probably just wrong. I wouldn't put too much stock into rumors from the NX days.

Status
Not open for further replies.